What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's 10pm and I'm eating a bowl off ice cold barely set pomegranate jello. Delicious! I don't usually eat at this time of night but since this can hardly be called a meal I guess it's ok lol!

I am waiting for the holly leaves to set and harden. I am making them a wee bit thicker than I usually do. Last time I made them too fragile. Hard to handle. Then I have to make the trees for the top of the cake. I need twelve holly leaves and sixteen trees. I will take a pic when it is all done. In the meantime I have some Christmas music playing on the computer and the TV turned down really low. I am also waiting for Spike to come with Teddy so I can take his picture. :angel:

I am waiting for the holly leaves to set and harden. I am making them a wee bit thicker than I usually do. Last time I made them too fragile. Hard to handle. Then I have to make the trees for the top of the cake. I need twelve holly leaves and sixteen trees. I will take a pic when it is all done. In the meantime I have some Christmas music playing on the computer and the TV turned down really low. I am also waiting for Spike to come with Teddy so I can take his picture. :angel:

Sounds really pretty Addie. Would love to see the pics :)

I'm getting a break this year. Going to my mom for Christmas. She's making leg of lamb. She started working at a B&B a few months ago so we'll be staying for free and the B&B will be closed so we have the place to ourselves.

My sister's family had a greyhound, Tippa. She chased a lot of rabbits while sleeping. I never saw her catch any though. She was also a good mouser. The only problem, when she would catch a field mouse, she would deposit it as a gift on the porch right in front of the door. A very thoughtful dog. :angel:

my last tortoise cat, toby, was an expert and tireless mouser. coming upon a dead mouse on the welcome mat at our back door had become an almost daily routine. she would wait expectantly for the exclamations of praise and appreciation that she considered her due, for the skills she employed in mousing. only when that little bit of theater was concluded would she reclaim the mouse and go off somewhere private to enjoy her mousy-meal.

over time, toby must have noticed that she was no longer getting all the attention and flattery she had come to expect for her mousing feats. mother was really the only one in the family able and willing to work up the kind of enthusiasm and spectacle toby craved.

one evening, we were watching tv, not paying much attention to toby. she was darting here and there behind two chairs, 'playing' and in the process of running down her latest mouse victim. she finally came around the corner, mouse in her mouth, trotted over to my dad, and plopped the mouse into the snack plate he was holding. there followed a commotion of shouts and laughter, and toby was once more proudly in her element. she had finally figured out that we humans, with our habits and peculiar preferences, needed to have our 'gifts' from her served on a plate, in order to ellicit the desired response....

Last edited:
ROFL!!!!!!

I find "dead" play mice in my purse all the time. I usually find them when I'm looking for something in front of the line in the grocery store.

Just got out last Christmas party, for this week, delivered. Feels good to sit & relax for awhile before going back to pick up the pans & trays.

Sounds really pretty Addie. Would love to see the pics :)

I'm getting a break this year. Going to my mom for Christmas. She's making leg of lamb. She started working at a B&B a few months ago so we'll be staying for free and the B&B will be closed so we have the place to ourselves.

I will take the pics before I deliver it to my daughter's house. :angel:

I have been out doing some shopping and getting a few bits and pieces

When to visit mum, was there for about 2 hours chatting away :)

Now relaxing, going to head outside in the garden and have a coffee :)

I just finished assembling one Ikea chair. The rest should be quicker. Tomorrow I intend to pick up the other four. The seat covers are washable, but you have to unscrew the seat to get them off. I think I better pick up some Scotch Guard.

I just finished assembling one Ikea chair. The rest should be quicker. Tomorrow I intend to pick up the other four. The seat covers are washable, but you have to unscrew the seat to get them off. I think I better pick up some Scotch Guard.

Good idea. The dirt creeps up on you before you even notice it. Then it becomes very difficult to get clean. :angel:

I am sitting here looking at a present for my 12 y.o. great granddaughter.

Spike goes through the trash at every store he goes into that sells Lottery tickets. Like he says, "he ain't proud." We have what they call 'Second Chance to Win." If your ticket is a loser, then you can submit it for a prize drawing. If he finds them on the street, he will pick it up. Even torn ones. Sometimes folks don't finish scratching the ticket and he finds that it is a winner. A few times he has scratched off $100. Not bad. So he has these piles and piles of tickets (somewhere in the thousands) and comes up here every night to enter them on my computer. Then they have the drawings. You would not believe some of the prizes he has won. Dinner in Mr. Kraft's box and watch the game with him and his guests. He can bring three friends. He gives that kind of prize to his son. Last night his son had a buffet dinner in the press box and tickets for four. He has won jackets, signed game balls, all sorts of signed memorabilia, tickets to Bruins, Red Sox, Patriots and Celtics games and can bring three friends. Now even though he has won one of the main prizes, if someone fails to claim their prize, he wins a second time in the next drawing.

This has happened several times. Tonight he brought over a sterling silver (995) beautiful heart necklace and bracelet. I went to turn over the heart and was so surprised to feel how heavy it is. He had it engraved with a beautiful Script "L". Spike told me that if that were selling in the jewelry store where he works, it would go for at least $200. The prizes are not cheap crappy stuff. When he wins jackets, and other clothing items, they are what the players wear. Top quality merchandise. I sent a package of Patriots merchandise with a signed game ball to my girlfriend in Georgia. Now ever time the Pats are playing, she puts on her Tom Brady shirt and Pats hat. Tonight Spike made $50 on unfinished scratched tickets. Those tickets cannot be entered for the Second Chance Drawing as they are winners. And so is Spike. :angel:

I had a nice relaxing time in the garden this afternoon, then a nice tea and soon we are going to retire to the lounge and watch some UK Masterchef :)

I am sitting here wondering why timing is sometimes so bad. We were getting ready to go do our Christmas shopping this morning. I ran down to the basement to put a load of clothes in and there is water everywhere :ohmy:

Our water heater blew. So Christmas is on hold now. We have a new water heater down in the basement but it won't be hooked up until tomorrow.

Sometimes I just feel like throwing in the towel :(

Shrek and I were out late last night, movie, a run to Target for tissues and a McDonalds run. We got home at the late hour of 10:30 PM:ohmy:

I am sitting here wondering why timing is sometimes so bad. We were getting ready to go do our Christmas shopping this morning. I ran down to the basement to put a load of clothes in and there is water everywhere :ohmy:

Our water heater blew. So Christmas is on hold now. We have a new water heater down in the basement but it won't be hooked up until tomorrow.

So sorry, it does always seem to happen at the worst times. I think there is no such thing as a good time for this.

Time for a song...
♥ "High Hopes" ♫ Frank Sinatra - YouTube

Hang in there. At least you don't live in Newtown. :angel:

I spoke to Spike a little while ago. He wrapped up Teddy in a warm towel and put him in his bed. He slept all night right up to eight this morning. He is usually up at six wanting to go out. But he is feeling a little better. Spike said he is definitely going to speak to the groomer next month and tell her no flea bath. As you can see by the pictures I posted yesterday, he is just too small to tolerate chemicals easily. He has had reactions before, but never this bad.

When he was here last night, he was up on my bed cuddling up right close to me. When it was time for him to leave, Spike put his coat and leash on, and he was shaking so hard, he wouldn't jump off the bed. I have never seen him do that. I had to pick him up and put him on the floor. My heart was breaking for him. I was so worried about him all night.

Well, now that I am feeling better about Teddy, I can concentrate on getting ready for my surgery tomorrow.

BTW, I have been trying to find a stupid calendar for 2013. You used to be able to get them from banks, stores, and everywhere else. Even Dunkin' Donuts gives them out free. Maybe there really is something to the Mayan calendar and the world is going to end on the 21st. So no one is printing calendars for next year. :angel:

This morning I am heading out to an appt to see my shoulder surgeon, this will be the 3rd time I have since him since my operation in April.

I am still in a lot of pain and I dont think I should I should be this long after the op :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom