What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Kylie, I am sittiing here knowing that you are a day ahead. How is the end of the world going down under? Any excitement? Seems foolish to me for you to do the ironing when the world is ending. :angel:

I just love ironing so much, what can I say :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I decided to take the Chief's advice. I have Christmas carols playing on the TV, the cake is in the oven and the cream cheese and butter are softening for the frosting. All the holly leaves are done and in the fridge. Even the red royal frosting for the berries is waiting to go on the cake. Oh yes, one more thing. The coconut has been dyed green. I have to get down my cake dish and wash it. By the time the cake has cooled down enough, it should be around eight or nine tonight when the cake is finished. Tomorrow is cookie baking. They are all made and formed and in the freezer. But should I thaw them out first before I bake them, or just put them in the oven frozen?

My goodness, I am so organized. What is wrong with me? :angel:

You can put the cookies in the oven frozen, just watch them carefully. That's how Shrek used to bake them when he worked in the grocery bakery.

Oh, my

I've never seen such a thing and I hope I never do. Looks dangerous. I've heard that we have a shortage of bees and now I know why. They are all in your chicken coop.
Best of luck.

I'm getting ready to make German springerle cookies for the first time. They're DH's favorite Christmas cookie from childhood. I've never made them before because his mother's recipe says to beat the eggs for 20 minutes, then add sugar and beat for another 30 minutes :ohmy: He gave me a Kitchen-Aid mixer last year for Christmas, so no more excuses ;) Should be interesting.

I'm trying to convince myself to go out in the snow to buy some Scotch Guard for my new chairs. There was already one spill last night. :(

I finished the second dishwasher load and a bunch of hand dish washing. I still need to wash all the crystal glasses (8 flutes, 8 water glasses, and 2 wine glasses). I think I might do them in the dishwasher.

Nope. No more excuses GG. That should be a good workout for your KA. I used mine the other night to mix the spices into my ground turkey. It doesn't get used often enough, so I use it when I can.

Good morning everyone :)

Only 2 more sleeps till Christmas, I am all excited, so love Christmas :w00t2:

It is going to be very hot here today, 40 degrees, it is already 30 degrees at 7.20am

All good though as we have air conditioning all throughout the house ;)

I have the sprinkler system on outside watering the entire garden right now as everything would be thirsty from yesterdays hot day and it will set them up for today too!

Have a nice day/night everyone :)

trying to get a little computer work done, but, I have a hurt that keeps me from doing very much. have a little decorating to do, some cookie batter for the kids tomorrow. Large antipasto tray to do after diylasis tomorrow. Hope is for completing everything.
kades

I finally got myself out the door, into the snow and cold. By the time I got myself motivated, it was 16h30 and the majority of stores close at 17h on a Saturday. I went to the mall that's just over a km away. I tried The (Hudson's) Bay (Company) (Canadian department store) and Sears, but neither store carries Scotch Guard. The line up to get out of the parking lot was humongous.

Then, I went to Pharmaprix (Shoppers Drug Mart in the rest of Canada). They stay open 'til midnight. They had the Scotch Guard. If I had gone there first and they hadn't had it, I wouldn't have had time to get to the mall. Pharmaprix is a block away.

I'm making chicken stock. I used up all my chicken stock yesterday. If I don't have enough liquid from the roast to make a good quantity of gravy, I want that chicken stock to top up the liquid.

It was a very enjoyable afternoon at the pool. Work is done until wednesday, Happy Dance!! Finished up 98% of the Christmas shopping today, throughly enjoying our time off. The daughter cannot believe we are all home together with nobody having to work for 4 days, very rare occasion. We will be having our Christmas eve tonight with just us. Ready to cook some fillets soon for supper.

Just got back from the store myself, found three tiny lemons (not Meyer's) so I can top my salmon and some nice asparagus.

We have been making fruit mince pies...they are nearly ready :yum:

We will have have one each for afternoon tea, we have to try them afterall :LOL:

Then the rest will be for Christmas ;)

Been doing a bit of reading too, nice relaxing day!

I am sitting here in shock. Spike came with Teddy. The cake was all done and wrapped up for transportation and a picture. Spike just walked out the door with it. Didn't get a chance to take the picture. He is taking the cake to his wife's cousin for a Christmas present from the both of us. That was not what the cake was for. Well, no time to make another one. All that is left is to clean up the mess. Oh well, on to the cookies. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom