"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-02-2012, 07:44 AM   #3841
Head Chef

I'm figuring out departure time for taking ol' doggie to the vet for her annual shots at 9 this morning. I hate being early and having to sit in the waiting room with sometimes rambunctious pets while doggie shivers her brains out. I'd rather surf DC.

It's so good to have Nurse Ratchett's input on minor health problems.

TL, didn't you have a glass sliver in your foot to contend with lately? Hope that got settled without the need for Ratchett's hatchet.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #3842
Executive Chef

Getting ready for a hike up to Barron Canyon in Algonquin Park...

Old 07-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #3843
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
I'm figuring out departure time for taking ol' doggie to the vet for her annual shots at 9 this morning. I hate being early and having to sit in the waiting room with sometimes rambunctious pets while doggie shivers her brains out. I'd rather surf DC.

TL, didn't you have a glass sliver in your foot to contend with lately? Hope that got settled without the need for Ratchett's hatchet.
At least my way was a lot quicker then digging at it with wire cutters...
Old 07-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #3844
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Finished breakfast a little while ago and the daily morning chores. Gonna be another scorcher so I'm getting ready to go outside to water our veggie plants. Probably going to be the first of two waterings today. Have had to water twice per day the last 5 days or so because of the heat and wind.

I noticed yesterday that the bushes near the fence beside the garage are dying. Glenn hasn't mowed in nearly 3 weeks, the yard is covered with leaves as if it were autumn and the yard is drying up beyond description. The Japanese beetles, in spite of traps/lures, skeletonized our plum trees so they're looking pretty pitiful. In the state they're in, along with the drought I wouldn't be surprised if they die, too.

After I water everything, I have a session with Miss Clairol planned. I'm lookin' a little grey around the gills, so it's time to consult with my very colorful friend.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #3845
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post

Yes, I had several glass splinters and got all but one of them out. I think I will be showing up at my doctor's walk in clinic. I hate going to her walk in clinic because it's from 08h00 - 09h00 and "in town". That means I either leave the house at 06h30 or deal with rush hour traffic. Have I mentioned that I'm not a morning person? Taking the bus isn't really an option, because I have osteoporosis and need a seat on the bus. I just don't look old enough for people to give me a seat.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #3846
Everymom

Spent the early morning out on the deck with my coffee and kindle. What a gorgeous day! Cooling off a bit before I jump in the shower, checking out the posts and email. Got some salmon brining for the smoker later and going to do a run to the produce market later.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #3847
Chef Extraordinaire

trying to decide which chores are pressing and which can wait. slow starter today.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #3848
Head Chef

The vet gave doggie all her shots plus drawing blood, a fecal sample, and clipping her nails. Lots of quivering on her part, but not a sound. She's such a good girl...not for the first time was I thinking that she's a better dog than I am dog owner. We get along well, but it's pretty clear to me after nearly two years now that I am more of a cat person. For her part, she's very patient with my two 5-year old indoor cats (and me). I'm not sorry I adopted her because she gives the 'beware of dog' sign on my fence meaning by barking at passers-by, but it seems that we'll just be housemates.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #3849
Everymom

Cake is cooling. I've got the butter softening to make the buttercream soon. Salmon is smoking and making the neighbourhood smell delicious. Its clouded over a a bit now so I'm doing a run through DC and FB and then going for a power nap before I change out the chips in the smoker again.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #3850
Chef Extraordinaire

I have just had breakfast and driven hubby up to the bus stop for work, then rushed back here to our nice warm home, it is freezing out there this morning