What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished baking my fourth round of cookies .. enough for today. Only have 4 other type to bake tomorrow .. then we pkg them up and take them to our elderly neighbors. We do this every year and they love it. We are a day late this time and one of them stopped me this morning and asked if my oven was broken LOL I assured him it was working just fine and he would get his package tomorrow.

I am sitting here hving a hard time trying to adjust to not wearing glasses except for reading. The computer screen is very bright and hurts my eyes. I can't look at it for too long. No one told me I would be having such a hard time. the glasses I am using are 2.5 strength and I need a 2.0 It just doesn't make sense to go and buy a pair that I will never use again after I get my prescription ones. I find myself having the reading glasses down on the edge of my nose so I can look up and see the TV. Sure makes yo feel like Granny.

Tuesday is The Pirate's birthday. He wants the same present he wants every year. A car for his birthday and have it registered with insurance for Christmas. Good luck with that one son. Although I did give him a small Match Box car one year.

I still have the mess from the cake to clean up. Off I go! :angel:

The Sunday paper is at end of the driveway -- I have my woolly bathrobe on this morning, since we have a cold snap and it's only 37F out there. Can I snatch up the paper before the neighbors see me? :ohmy:

The Sunday paper is at end of the driveway -- I have my woolly bathrobe on this morning, since we have a cold snap and it's only 37F out there. Can I snatch up the paper before the neighbors see me? :ohmy:

If it's not white, brown or black I don't see a problem...otherwise they might think there is a bear in your driveway.;):LOL:

Whoa, Addie -- next you'll be trying to get me to streak up and down the road. Not a pretty sight -they'd arrest me for sure.

PF, actually we've been having bear problems down here - black bears, not those big ol' grizzlies. And the bathrobe is pink, fortunately.

Whoa, Addie -- next you'll be trying to get me to streak up and down the road. Not a pretty sight -they'd arrest me for sure.

PF, actually we've been having bear problems down here - black bears, not those big ol' grizzlies. And the bathrobe is pink, fortunately.

Bear problems everywhere...ours should be hibernating, but they are out and about.

Pink wooly bathrobe, you should be fine.:) I remember grandma driving me to school in her robe and curlers. I wear sundresses as nighties, so I can go out to the trash bin or mailbox if'n I feel like it.

I just talked to my daughter. She has the flu! She is trying to do too much. She will call her doctor tomorrow. I am going there tomorrow and heaven help anyone who won't let her sleep in peace. She refuses to cancel the party. So she wants me to play hostess. I will do it just to keep her in bed. I am hoping that when she calls her doctor, she tells her to get to the hospital and they admit her. It is the only way she will get the complete rest she needs. I would love to slap her kids into the next century. They are both one step below useless. And her husband is not too far from them. He is the one that gave her the flu. Maybe this post should go into venting. I am so angry and worried right now. :angel:

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, Addie, but trust me, the hospital is the last place people get any rest. It's especially depressing to be in the hospital over a holiday.

Hope she gets better quickly.

Just taking a break. Had two little gifts for Glenn's granddaughters to wrap and set aside for delivery in a couple of days. We're going to their house on Friday.

I have this urge to sew something...anything. Not sure where that is coming from, but I think I'm going to go out to my studio to see what I can rustle up. I think one of the granddaughters is getting an American Girl doll from Santa and I have some patterns for those dolls. Maybe I'll make some outfits as a surprise for her.

I've also been wanting to make a valance for Glenn's mother for her guest bathroom. I have some beautiful remnants of watercolor-like decor fabric that would perfect. I could do that, too. We'll see what moves me.

Otherwise, we are having a very relaxing day and it looks like we are going to enjoy a nice gentle slide into Christmas. Yeah!!!!!

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
That's a nice thing to say :LOL:

I live in Montana, it's a legitimate concern. :mellow: I have a hot purple wooly robe...just so that mistake cannot happen. That could have tragic consequences...especially since I no longer have my gallbladder...I'd be shot for nothing.:wacko:

Happy Christmas Eve everyone (in Oz) :LOL:

The cool change came through overnight and it is the most lovely, sunny cool morning, just perfect for Christmas Eve :)

It is only 19c right now, heading for 25, bliss!

Tonight Steve and I have our CE buffet...big variety of food on the table...we watch a couple of movies and drink snowballs (advocaat and lemonade) YUM!!

Cant wait!

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, Addie, but trust me, the hospital is the last place people get any rest. It's especially depressing to be in the hospital over a holiday.

Hope she gets better quickly.

That is sad but true GG!

When Steve had his gallbladder out, he was in hospital for 3 days, he hardly slept at all...he hated it there

Earlier today I stood looking out the window, waiting for a friend to arrive. I started to choke up, like I had a few other times today. Like I had most of yesterday after he had returned my phone call. And as I did my oldest dog Tursa, whom I had been stroking, started to whimper and pull herself up to lick my face. I offered her my cheek and like usual, she would have no part of that, so I turned my head to face her and let her lick the front of my face. She was after all trying to console me for my troubles. It was different than when she tried to do this as I was sitting tying my shoes in the morning, playing a game of dodge Tursa's tongue. She hadn't done that the past few months though, preferring to stay laying by the heater vent in the other room. Today I would give her what she wanted. It was her birthday. She was born December 24th... thirteen years ago.

My friend, a retired veterinarian, arrived ten minutes later. Tursa mustered a little growl at the strange car pulling in, but that quickly gave way to a wagging tail as he and his wife walked in and said hi. Tursa stayed on the table I had lifted her onto. She knew she was most comfortable lying down. Her hind legs just weren't what they used to be. It was her time.
Rest in peace, Tursa.

Attachments

• Tursa1.JPG
    Tursa1.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Tursa resting on me.jpg
    Tursa resting on me.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 178

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom