"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #3861
Head Chef

I seared some blade roast this AM when it was still only 83 degrees out, put it in the crock pot for sandwiches later, which turned out good.
Then picked garlic until I had a blister, looked for band-aids, none in the right size. Then washed the red quilt in the new pool (ha ha) it's only 1 foot deep and the directions on the pool said 'no diving'........shoot, no diving for me.
Put new water in it and started washing the white quilt. It's going to soak overnight. More garlic to string up tonight. It's crazy hot here, I want snow now.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #3862
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I took the bus to the local walk in clinic. I waited in line for 10-15 minutes. When I got to the front of the line, the receptionist put out a sign that there would be no more walk ins taken until tomorrow at 07h30.

I phoned two other walk in clinics. One was already full up for the day. The one that is further away said to get there by 17h30. It was 16h10. I took a taxi and done by 17h30. The doctor was very nice. He said that my arm (and a groin pain) were inflammations. After asking how my stomach was for medications and being told "cast iron", he gave me a 'script for Voltaren. He had a look at the foot with the tiny, invisible, glass splinter. He couldn't find it. He said to soak my foot in hot water every day and it should come out by itself. If it didn't come out within two weeks, have it looked at again. He said the pain could be from the little flap of skin. Maybe it already came out by itself and it is just that little flap of skin. It doesn't hurt nearly as often as it did.

I didn't feel like trying to cook one handed. I was at the nearby pharmacy and saw the sign, "Jade Palace". I phoned Stirling and asked how he felt about going to Jade Palace for supper. We had a very enjoyable Chinese meal with Tsing Tao. Then, a nice, short walk home.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #3863
Chef Extraordinaire

Had an enjoyable evening in the pool. Dh, the daughter, & the neighbors & their 3 kids all went to the pool together. Great way to cool off. Just got out of the shower & am relaxing in my recliner getting caught up on DC.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #3864
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Ripping tape off Shrek...muahahahahahaha!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #3865
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Relaxing with a glass of wine.

That Voltaren seems to work. It's been about five hours since I took the first one and my arm is already beginning to hurt less.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #3866
Certified Cake Maniac

Making supplies for tomorrow's cake decorating with our youth group.

I think I am going to run out of icing sugar though.....I am glad I gave up eating all the icing and decorating products (fondant, gum paste, etc.) They are all pure sugar. I swear I get a buzz of the powdered sugar as it flies into the air!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #3867
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Relaxing with a glass of wine.

That Voltaren seems to work. It's been about five hours since I took the first one and my arm is already beginning to hurt less.
Glad to hear it helps. Doesn't seem to work on me. But I can't have the wine "chaser"

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #3868
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
ROFL
Old 07-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #3869
Head Chef

On this Fourth of July holiday here in the States, here is what passes for a news item: a Wisconsinite has carved Mount Rushmore in cheddar cheese. Mr. Lincoln's bushy eyebrows were hardest to do.

He calls it, "My country 'tis of cheese."
Old 07-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #3870
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That sounds like fun.

I made the potato salad last night. Son #1 was here and took it to my daughter's house for me. I am still in the learning process with my scooter and didn't trust myself transporting it.

Son #3 called me. His wife doesn't have a paddle for her KA and is making frosting. Can she use the whip? Yes. And I told him I have an extra paddle and bowl she can have. So he will be by Friday night to bring me my farm fresh eggs and pick up the paddle and bowl. Over the years I have been collecting extra parts to my KA. Having three bowls is more than enough.

And one more thing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL AMERICANS AND NON-AMERICANS. Today is your day.