What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you replace your own screens, you can buy pet resistant screen at just about any home supply place or hardware store (Canadian Tyre carries it). If you have someone else replace them, just ask the screen guy about it.

I had to switch after a neighbor's yappy dog came into my front yard and Tyson went right through the sliding door screen after it. Huge hole! No one plays in my yard without Tyson's permission.

We actually "built" our own screens a couple of years ago. We even built in a doggy door in the sliding screen so in the summer the dogs can come in and out as they please without letting in any bugs, etc. Violet destroyed the front screen door trying to do much the same as your Tyson (I had a guard cat once, they are great ;):LOL:).

Thanks, I have to go to Canadian Tire and/or Rona today so I will look.

I've always considered mac and cheese to be junk food and avoided it. I had a little of it about a month ago and it convinced me to wait another 20 years before eating it again.

There must be 10 thousand abbreviations in use for various things. I don't think anyone knows them all. Most people learn the ones they come in contact with most often. Since I seldom eat KD, I missed it's abbreviation.

Timothy, I hope you know I wasn't mocking you in any way. If you aren't exposed to Kraft Dinner you are sure to not know KD.

Have you tried a good home-made-baked-in-the-oven-full-of-creamy-real-cheddar-goodness-and-a-cheese-and-bread-crumb-crust Macaroni and Cheese. It is pure bliss in a casserole dish. :yum:

Timothy, I hope you know I wasn't mocking you in any way. If you aren't exposed to Kraft Dinner you are sure to not know KD.

Have you tried a good home-made-baked-in-the-oven-full-of-creamy-real-cheddar-goodness-and-a-cheese-and-bread-crumb-crust Macaroni and Cheese. It is pure bliss in a casserole dish. :yum:

I didn't think you were mocking me in any malicous manner, LP. Just having fun with me. The mac and cheese you describe is how I ate it as a kid, and liked it, but its on my Docs hit list, so I try to stay away from it. I don't want him to come beat me up.

I've always considered mac and cheese to be junk food and avoided it. I had a little of it about a month ago and it convinced me to wait another 20 years before eating it again.

There must be 10 thousand abbreviations in use for various things. I don't think anyone knows them all. Most people learn the ones they come in contact with most often. Since I seldom eat KD, I missed it's abbreviation.

its. don't be mad, tim, but i couldn't resist "busting" you on grammer!:) i know i wouldn't have another chance for at least 20 years....:)

I didn't think you were mocking me in any malicous manner, LP. Just having fun with me. The mac and cheese you describe is how I ate it as a kid, and liked it, but its on my Docs hit list, so I try to stay away from it. I don't want him to come beat me up.

Yes, it would be on my doctor's hit list too - so I don't ask! :LOL: But do understand. It isn't the healthiest of pasta dishes.

Ha! BUSTED! I type really fast and most of my mistakes are the result of that speed typing. Shame on me! 20 years? I wish.
I don't know about that! My Dad is 86 and I started serving him Mac and Cheese (all forms - home baked, KD, Chef Boy R Dee microwavable singles) again and he doesn't even mind the junk types....then again it is one of the few foods I can serve him that I don't have to puree so that might be a selling point ;). He would never eat and kind but my Mom's baked M & C before.

So 20 years might not be such a mis-type after all :rolleyes:

knitting and knitting, just dawned on me, it is a christmas gift and not much time is left. no wrapping as i planned but that is ok. mostly in gift bags anyway. this gloomy weather makes me slow and sleepy.

knitting and knitting, just dawned on me, it is a christmas gift and not much time is left. no wrapping as i planned but that is ok. mostly in gift bags anyway. this gloomy weather makes me slow and sleepy.

I know the feeling. This stupid muscle relaxer has me missing most of my life. But I shoudn't complain. It is working. Each day my neck is feeling so much better. I figure another week, and I should be back to new. :chef:

My DIL who hails from Michigan talks fondly about having had KDs in her youth. At our house, we had mac and cheese made from that same blue box but I had never heard it called KD.

apparently, there's a whole world of abbreviations, now of commonplace usage, that sprang up while i was sleeping....

kd was around when i was a kid. i just never confused it with the real thing. i thought it was something you ate at camp, or if your mom didn't know how to cook. that powdery-tasting cheese memory has kept me from ever picking it up as a convenience food....

Last edited:
I would LOVE to be doing something right now other than reading posts on doing nothing.....but that's exactly where I'm at! LOL.

It so cold out here even the trees are wearing PJ's and won't wake up. It's all pretty and hoar-frosty looking outside, and the boids are waiting for the feeders to fill (oh, self-filling birdfeeders; wouldn't that be wonderful?)

It's 9:06AM and I'm still in my PJ's. The woodstove finally warmed up though, so it's possible that I could actually move around without icicles forming on my nose....

I want to try making hard candies today, especially for the senior citizens I visit in a nursing home. One is wheelchair bound, finds the air so dry there that she keeps sipping water, but then needs to ring for someone to take her to potty but they don't always come.

I shopped around for hard candies for her to suck (her fav flavour is cherry) but only found Lifesavers to suit her....yet they break easily in the mouth....so I just copied off recipes from the net, and will give it a go.

I don't have cherry flavoring though....will use almond instead.

I'm watching youtube vids on the TV. I think I'll go turn one of the extra sausages I grilled last night into a breakfast sandwich.

Getting ready to clean out the fridge. I may leave that till tomorrow after the trashmen have emptied the dumpster, it's overflowing. I would like to vacuum today...but it's foot ball day. I guess I'll just read a book and goof off.

This morning I am preparing my Secret Santa gift and taking pictures to put into the accompanying menu. I am making a Christmas Champagne Sunday brunch for two, featuring orange Swedish pancakes (Swedish pancake mix with orange zest mixed in) with butter (butter does not require refrigeration short term) and Mandarin orange syrup (I am providing canned Mandarin orange slices to be simmered by the giftee in pure cane syrup, which I am also providing), basted egg (eggs do not require refrigeration short term), bacon (pre-cooked bacon does not require refrigeration), home made sliced banana walnut bread mini-loaves with butter and Mandarin orange marmalade, Mimoasas made with Proseco and orange juice (the flutes, wine and orange juice are part of the gift), espresso roast French Press coffee (the coffee and the French Press are part of the gift), and a selection of organic green and oolong teas (the cast iron pot and cups are part of the gift, as are the teas from Gypsy Tea Company).

Last edited:
Horrendous night. Got home by 2 and was up by 3 talking to Ralph and Bula on the big white phone. Stomach bug. A few people I have had contact with over the last 36 hours had\have it also. Nice, sunny Sunday, but I can only watch it from outside the window. Couch ridden, watching Coronation Street.

This morning I am preparing my Secret Santa gift and taking pictures to put into the accompanying menu. I am making a Christmas Champagne Sunday brunch for two, featuring orange Swedish pancakes (Swedish pancake mix with orange zest mixed in) with butter (butter does not require refrigeration short term) and Mandarin orange syrup (I am providing canned Mandarin orange slices to be simmered by the giftee in pure cane syrup, which I am also providing), basted egg (eggs do not require refrigeration short term), bacon (pre-cooked bacon does not require refrigeration), home made sliced banana walnut bread mini-loaves with butter and Mandarin orange marmalade, Mimoasas made with Proseco and orange juice (the flutes, wine and orange juice are part of the gift), espresso roast French Press coffee (the coffee and the French Press are part of the gift), and a selection of organic green and oolong teas (the cast iron pot and cups are part of the gift, as are the teas from Gypsy Tea Company).

I just know you drew my name for Secret Santa.:angel:

I took the tractor for a drive and shook the muddy clay off the tires that I got on it yesterday, then attached the snow blower to it. I've got a feeling I'll be running it tomorrow morning, as this snow is sticking.
Watching TV now, wishing I could get the Denver/NE game later today.

Back
Top Bottom