What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm getting ready to go with TB to the hospital to get all of his test results from his bout a couple of weeks ago with the shakes. We are pretty sure it is going to come down to his thyroid, or blood sugar, but they did heart and stroke tests as well.

On the yogurt front, I need it for my candida but can't have it for my dairy allergy - so, I have come to love plain goat yogurt which I eat plain or turn into tzatziki. What I don't like is the price! $7.00 for a 500 ml (2 cup) tub and I have to have it twice a day! :wacko:

I'm getting ready to go with TB to the hospital to get all of his test results from his bout a couple of weeks ago with the shakes. We are pretty sure it is going to come down to his thyroid, or blood sugar, but they did heart and stroke tests as well.

On the yogurt front, I need it for my candida but can't have it for my dairy allergy - so, I have come to love plain goat yogurt which I eat plain or turn into tzatziki. What I don't like is the price! $7.00 for a 500 ml (2 cup) tub and I have to have it twice a day! :wacko:
Hey there Laurie, hope your Christmas with that dear TB was the best. Mine was awesome. Just checking in and saw that you were here. Take care feel grand and have a happy new year.
Hugs
ma

I am sorry, but I can't get past sour. It is the one taste sense that sends me off to rinse my mouth out as fast as I can. Not even the Greek yogurt. My DIL comes from Albania and grew up on Greek yogurt. I keep hearing how so much different it is from other yogurt. So When he opened a small cup for my grandson, I asked her for just a small taste on the tip of the spoon. Nope. I worked it back to my taste buds and couldn't get to the faucet fast enough.

There are only two foods that I am willing to eat a little of. A cucumber, dill and onion dip with sour cream and an onion dip with sour cream. After just a couple of dips, I prefer to eat just the chips. I do not like sour cream on my baked potato.

I wish I could eat yogurt. It would have been the best thing for my stomach upset yesterday. And many other times. All my kids love it. Most mothers usually don't cook or offer foods to their kids that they don't like. But yogurt was always on my grocery list for a snack for the kids. :angel:

I just got home from walking to the dep (convenience store). It's only a block away. I'm glad I tucked my pants into my boots. The snow was almost up to my knees. It was very heavy walking, just getting to the street. It's the kind of weather when Canadians walk in the street, 'cause you can't find the sidewalk. I am pooped.

I am glad I didn't take the car. There were cars getting stuck all over the place. The parking lot of the dep hadn't been plowed yet. I saw the snow plow doing my street on the way home.

Yesterday they predicted 15-25 cm (6"-10"). There was already more than that when I woke up. Now they are predicting 25-50 cm. It's still coming down. I am not going back out in that unless there is an emergency.

I thought Canadians walked in the street so they could play hockey with a clod of ice, using the curbs as goals?

;)

I thought Canadians walked in the street so they could play hockey with a clod of ice, using the curbs as goals?

;)

I saw a commercial yesterday (Canadian) on the World Junior Hockey Championships with a young guy in a Canadian hockey jersey, stick and hockey bag and all he said was "You take away hockey you might as well just shut Canada down for the winter".

Hey, why doesn't anyone remember that Lacrosse is our official national sport and Basketball was invented by a Canadian? :wacko:

I saw a commercial yesterday (Canadian) on the World Junior Hockey Championships with a young guy in a Canadian hockey jersey, stick and hockey bag and all he said was "You take away hockey you might as well just shut Canada down for the winter".

Hey, why doesn't anyone remember that Lacrosse is our official national sport and Basketball was invented by a Canadian? :wacko:

I have always thought of hockey as Canadian. When the Bruins play any team from Canada, we know that our team has to play a lot harder than when they are playing an American team. Canadians have been playing hockey since childhood. Like four years and up. Our kids don't get a real start until they are in high school. :angel:

I have always thought of hockey as Canadian. When the Bruins play any team from Canada, we know that our team has to play a lot harder than when they are playing an American team. Canadians have been playing hockey since childhood. Like four years and up. Our kids don't get a real start until they are in high school. :angel:
Hockey IS Canada for sure....but I don't think it is enough to shut down the Country ;)

not doing much. had another bad fall. black eye, sprained wrist. sore every where. low blood sugar was the cause. my son took good care of me. i am better today. been bout three days. wish i would stop falling. good thing i have strong bones.

Hi Guys :)

Today we are heading out to do the grocery shopping, then for a drive out to a store that sells office furniture as we are on the search for some new computer chairs :)

not doing much. had another bad fall. black eye, sprained wrist. sore every where. low blood sugar was the cause. my son took good care of me. i am better today. been bout three days. wish i would stop falling. good thing i have strong bones.
Oh no! (((hugs)))

Please take care of yourself. No fooling around with that blood sugar.

Babe you have to eat to keep your sugar up. Even if it is just little snacks throughout the day. Please take care of yourself. :(:angel:

Normally I do not do heavy housework. I ask Spike to do it for me. Everytime I get in the mood and start a project, I start to get chest pains. But today, I have:

Scrubbed down the bathroom tile
Scrubbed the bathroom floor and really scrubbed around the toilet
Scrubbed the toilet bowl
Scrubbed down two walls in the kitchen
Scrubbed all the cabinet doors and counter tops
Cleaned the kitchen floor
And other stuff.

No chest pains. It must have been all that delicious lobster salad that got me in the mood and gave me the strength to do all this work. The only thing left to do is the vacuuming. A chore I hate. But it has to be done. So off I go to do it. :angel:

Normally I do not do heavy housework. I ask Spike to do it for me. Everytime I get in the mood and start a project, I start to get chest pains. But today, I have:

Scrubbed down the bathroom tile
Scrubbed the bathroom floor and really scrubbed around the toilet
Scrubbed the toilet bowl
Scrubbed down two walls in the kitchen
Scrubbed all the cabinet doors and counter tops
Cleaned the kitchen floor
And other stuff.

No chest pains. It must have been all that delicious lobster salad that got me in the mood and gave me the strength to do all this work. The only thing left to do is the vacuuming. A chore I hate. But it has to be done. So off I go to do it. :angel:
Take it easy Addie! Don't overdue. It's not worth getting chest pains over!:angel::angel:

Take care babe! I know how easy it can be to not take the time to eat throughout the day, but it has to be a priority when your blood sugar dips so low that you keep falling. It's just not worth hurting yourself.:angel:

Take care babe! I know how easy it can be to not take the time to eat throughout the day, but it has to be a priority when your blood sugar dips so low that you keep falling. It's just not worth hurting yourself.:angel:

+1

Take care, Babe!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom