What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what sort of diet have you been working on for next year, pf?

One that encompasses both heart and diabetic guidelines with weight-loss and taste, something I can and will stick to. I weigh in on the 1st, the first three months of the year will be the Biggest Loser contest at work. February and March are our Polar Bear Club months where we count the distances we walk, run, jog and whoever has the highest mileage wins. Then we start into walking season, I have several events I plan on being in. I have been cleared by my cardiologist to start running this year if I wish.:)

I was going to do some grocery shopping. But, I either did something to the thumb on my right hand or I've started experiencing arthritis. I can't remember doing anything to that thumb. It started hurting when I was spelunking in the chest freezer.

Wow that hurts. If this is what arthritis feels like, then my sympathy for people who have arthritis has just made a mega jump.

Cold is the enemy of arthritis. The cold from the freezer diving, a cold wind blowing across your hand. rinsing a glass off in cold water, anything can set off arthritis. The do have medication for the pain and development of arthritis, but do your research before you agree to take any of it. Some of them have nasty side effects. My sister had rheumatoid arthritis. That is the kind that twists your fingers in some crazy and weird shapes. Very painful. The doctors had her going through some of the meds. Some she stopped after one day. Some worked for a while.

My index fingers on both hands are twice the size they are supposed to be and twisted. I also have arthritis in my hip and spine. That is the one that gives me the most trouble and pain.

It doesn't take much to set off the pain of arthritis. Good luck. :angel:

My neighbors on both sides are off on vacation, one to India and the other to Washington DC. Both entrusted me with their car keys so I could move their cars if necessary to facilitate plowing.

We have 8" of snow and now I have to clear off and move three cars. Damn!

My neighbors on both sides are off on vacation, one to India and the other to Washington DC. Both entrusted me with their car keys so I could move their cars if necessary to facilitate plowing.

We have 8" of snow and now I have to clear off and move three cars. Damn!

Bummer. No remote start?
That's a big responsibility.

I have remote start in my car. I think I'll go out and start all three cars so they can melt off then start with mine first.

I have remote start in my car. I think I'll go out and start all three cars so they can melt off then start with mine first.

All done! The snow was light and easy to move. Got three cars cleared off and moved. The bobcat guy came and cleaned out all our parking spaces.

Then SO and I went to help out some of the really old folks clean off their cars and move them.

Time for coffee.

Hub and girls want to go out for lunch to Outback. Outback isn't my favorite place but oh well.

I'm living life in the fast lane, waiting for my pork loin to set up in the freezer so I can slice it up :wacko:

All done! The snow was light and easy to move. Got three cars cleared off and moved. The bobcat guy came and cleaned out all our parking spaces.

Then SO and I went to help out some of the really old folks clean off their cars and move them.

Time for coffee.
Kudos to you and your SO. You deserve that coffee.

We have no snow here - not even a drop of rain. The sun is shining but it is cold. I ventured out a couple of hours ago and found that my windows were frosted over with ice. I turned on the car, the back window defogger and tried to clean the windshield. There was no windshield washer fluid and my wiper blade snapped. I can't find either of my two scrapers and I now have a huge scratch in my windshield from the wiper. I sat and cried for a few minutes because I was looking forward to finally getting to church and it was too late to get a ride.

So I came in and got warm by sitting on the floor (something I haven't been able to do in years, AND I get up myself too!) cuddling with my puppies watching Shawshank Redemption. I have never seen it and it is awesome. Violet was "playing dead" beside me so I would rub her belly and Joie had one of his unstuffed stuffies which he was contentedly sucking while it rested on my leg.

Sometimes these moments are better than the ones we plan! :)

Time for coffee.

Okay, I'm not laughing anymore over the three cars to clean off. Good for you and SO!

Heh in our apartment building, Shrek and I are the old folks...

I can send you some of my meal plans from the Naturopath too. You don't have to go as strict as me but they are really helpful!:)

Sure, LP. I won't go as far as goat dairy products. But anything to switch up my breakfasts and lunches is going to be good. I will get tired of oatmeal really fast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom