What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am trying to get ready to head out to DH's parent's place (about 1/2 hour away) for the family Christmas. We always have it a week before the real date as several family members (there are 22 including kids) come from out of town. Then DH and I will celebrate on the day with my Dad and sister (and hopefully my nephew and his fiance but that will be a surprise for his Mom and Grandpa).

I have our clothes in the dryer, am putting together my MIL's baking package (it's my gift every year because they winter in Palm Springs and just come back for the holiday), wrapping presents, making sure my Dad and dog are both well enough to leave them.

Watching Shrek sleep in his chair. I think I will put on a rousing rendition of the William Tell Overture.:devilish:

Trying to guide DH through the process of putting apps on his new work iPhone. A very slow and painful ordeal. We got him a second new iTunes account, and as he is extremely impatient, nothing was working to his exacting specifications, which meant it was my fault.

We were able to get him through his favorite weather apps, Google Earth, Slacker, HBO GO, and MAX GO, along with a few others. Now I am going to go and play outside, as it's almost 50° here. Think I'll go chop some wood. With my nice new axe.

Last edited:
Being lazy, listening to one side of DH's phone convo with his sister, watching DIY shows on tv. Perusing DC. ;-).
Dawgluver, my sympathies to you, I have the same issues here when trying to help DH with computer/phone/DVD.....well heck, all electronic issues :). And it's always my fault, as apparently I am supposed to be a computer genius ???what???

Being lazy, listening to one side of DH's phone convo with his sister, watching DIY shows on tv. Perusing DC. ;-).
Dawgluver, my sympathies to you, I have the same issues here when trying to help DH with computer/phone/DVD.....well heck, all electronic issues :). And it's always my fault, as apparently I am supposed to be a computer genius ???what???

i think men, therefore most dhes, often don't have the patience required to work through technological red tape. but i'll bet many of them would insist, if asked, that they are the smarter ones when it comes to electronics, wouldn't you agree?:)

Somebunny said:

:LOL:, guys! Thanks, Bunny. Vit, you are right. I do our electronics myself, along with minor plumbing and electrical stuff, as I have enough patience to read manuals and follow instructions. I also put together any furniture kits and such, as I don't need to bash something with a hammer in order to make things fit. I sure as heck sympathize with computer techies ( which I am not!)

Last edited:
:LOL:, guys! Thanks, Bunny. Vit, you are right. I do our electronics myself, along with minor plumbing and electrical stuff, as I have enough patience to read manuals and follow instructions. I also put together any furniture kits and such, as I don't need to bash something with a hammer in order to make things fit. I sure as heck sympathize with computer techies ( which I am not!)

Nobody with an axe needs a hammer! :LOL:

taking a break from wrapping. i don't enjoy it. maybe because i wrapped so much when i was mgr. of hallmark store. did learn some tricks though. got a lot done on scarf, so later today, will work more on that.

taking a break from wrapping. i don't enjoy it. maybe because i wrapped so much when i was mgr. of hallmark store. did learn some tricks though. got a lot done on scarf, so later today, will work more on that.

In High School I worked as a janitor in a department store. My job was take out the trash, sweep and mop floors, dust. No interaction with the customers beyond, "Excuse me!" Then is was someone's bright idea to make me wrap packages at Christmas. Talk about total drudgery, I would rather sweep and mop floors.:LOL:

Last edited:
this is my first time buying anything from omaha steaks. my sil just came home from hip surgery. omaha steaks is taking the place of a fruit basket, which i know would have done nothing for my manly sil.:) i'd like to know if any of you have an opinion about omaha steaks, positive or negative that you care to share....:)

this is my first time buying anything from omaha steaks. my sil just came home from hip surgery. omaha steaks is taking the place of a fruit basket, which i know would have done nothing for my manly sil.:) i'd like to know if any of you have an opinion about omaha steaks, positive or negative that you care to share....:)

The steaks are very good but also very expensive. If you are willing, it's a gift that's usually really appreciated.

Typing out a stack of handwritten recipes i found while cleaning out my cookbook shelves. Decided they need to be in the computer instead of on odd pieces of paper. Those I think might be interesting to you folks, I'm posting in their respective forums.

Yes, Omaha Steaks make a great present. I was given one and enjoyed it. I ordered one later and didn't enjoy it as much. Good food, small portions. And getting them to stop calling every week was an exercise in creativity. Fantastic as a present though. Order it through an email account you can disregard.

okay. thanks. i feel better now. oops, they have my main email address--i'll unsubscribe. unless they do this all the time, i think i got a good deal: 50% off the entire order, plus free shipping. that made it hurt a bit less....:)

We got Omaha steaks from MIL one year, they were good. It sounds like you got a great deal!

Vit, in future you may want to check out Greenberg Smoked Turkeys. Www.gobblegobble.com. I've given them as gifts for years, and got us a small one this year. I have fixings from the carcass for 5 more meals in the freezer. They come fully cooked, and are just delish. Featured on Oprah's favorite things one year.

^^^ see, i'm a quick learner.:) yes, i remember some greenberg talk from before...to me, smoked turkey is way tastier than the regular. that picture on their website--makes you just want to reach out and tear off a leg!! thanks, i'll keep them in mind for the future....:)

I think smoked poultry in general is amazing. I've smoked whole chickens and a turkey breast and they both were among the best I've ever eaten.

Back
Top Bottom