"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #3991
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you Cheryl

I have just come back from the physio as I had shoulder surgery about 3 months ago, I am on stretches and theraband.

I love going to the physio to get the area massaged, best part

Old 07-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #3992
Master Chef

Massage sounds good, Kylie, I could sure use one at times.

6:00AM here now, sitting on the patio with my laptop and a glass of iced tea, watching the sun come up through the trees. Beautiful and cool morning.

Old 07-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #3993
Assistant Cook

Off Course Interneting and Browsing
Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #3994
Chef Extraordinaire

i dragged my butt out of bed because i have to be back in at 4pm for another double shift, and had some fun feeding a robin that lives in my apple tree.

this little bird is pretty cool! he doesn't seemto be afraid of me. when i was turning over the garden to put in my veggies a few weeks ago, he followed me around just a few feet away to pick out bugs.

so just now, as he was rooting around the hydrangeas, my boy ran inside and got some worms out of the fridge that we've saved for fishing (dw just loves a container of worms in the fridge )

he cuts them in half and is flying them back to his nest. i think the fact that they're ice cold is freaking him out, though. worm brain freeze as it were. lol

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #3995
Chef Extraordinaire

So what am I doing? Sitting here with the biggest sigh of relief you ever heard.

I have been really sick with a lot of pain for the past four days. I was scheduled to go in for the procedure to open the arteries in my stomach tomorrow. Had to cancel. They will have to reschedule. I couldn't even go for the pre op blood work.

My innards have been impacted for the past four days. I ate a rather large amount of Swiss cheese nibbling on it as a snack. I know better than that. But it is my all time favorite cheese and I just kept nibbling and nibbling. I am just glad that this time it didn't do the damage it did the last time. That time it caused internal bleeding. I am just glad no one is here with me right now. This is not the most aromatic place to be.

I hope I have put this as delicate as it could be written. I certainly don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities. Please forgive me if I have.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #3996
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm busy doing data entry of income and expenses in a spreadsheet. It's not real bookkeeping, but it gets me the figures I need to do sales tax reports and income tax returns. It's for a client. I'm working on 2008 now. I will be working on newer ones soon.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #3997
Chef Extraordinaire

just don't lift your leg and pump your arm, addie, and we're good.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #3998
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
So what am I doing? Sitting here with the biggest sigh of relief you ever heard.

I have been really sick with a lot of pain for the past four days. I was scheduled to go in for the procedure to open the arteries in my stomach tomorrow. Had to cancel. They will have to reschedule. I couldn't even go for the pre op blood work.

My innards have been impacted for the past four days. I ate a rather large amount of Swiss cheese nibbling on it as a snack. I know better than that. But it is my all time favorite cheese and I just kept nibbling and nibbling. I am just glad that this time it didn't do the damage it did the last time. That time it caused internal bleeding. I am just glad no one is here with me right now. This is not the most aromatic place to be.

I hope I have put this as delicate as it could be written. I certainly don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities. Please forgive me if I have.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #3999
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i dragged my butt out of bed because i have to be back in at 4pm for another double shift, and had some fun feeding a robin that lives in my apple tree.

this little bird is pretty cool! he doesn't seemto be afraid of me. when i was turning over the garden to put in my veggies a few weeks ago, he followed me around just a few feet away to pick out bugs.

so just now, as he was rooting around the hydrangeas, my boy ran inside and got some worms out of the fridge that we've saved for fishing (dw just loves a container of worms in the fridge )

he cuts them in half and is flying them back to his nest. i think the fact that they're ice cold is freaking him out, though. worm brain freeze as it were. lol
bt, what a precious experience to share with your child. And what a great wife to let you and your son keep worms in her fridge. Now that is
Old 07-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #4000
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm busy doing data entry of income and expenses in a spreadsheet. It's not real bookkeeping, but it gets me the figures I need to do sales tax reports and income tax returns. It's for a client. I'm working on 2008 now. I will be working on newer ones soon.
I love doing data entry. One hand on the numeric pad and the other on the tab key. Then go back and tie them all together with formulas.