"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #4021
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindercat View Post
3:18AM and can't sleep. Can't find a comfortable position - more, I think, because I'm tired of laying down than from the mild sciatica pain. My head says sleep but my body says no. Already tried walking around, I put laundry in the drier. Guess I'll try reading some more.
I totally understand, Cindercat. Last night my "mystery pain" was not too bad but I was up several times with leg cramps. DH said I was actually falling asleep sitting up between attacks! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that this will settle down soon.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #4022
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Sorry to hear you are not sleeping well CC, hoping you get some rest after reading

We have had tea and now relaxing at the pc...off to watch some Masterchef soon
Kylie, I just watched that for the first time Monday. Not sure what I think of it. May try again next week.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #4023
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I will try to send the sleep fairie to CC and LP.

I'm waiting for a client and then I'm off to the Danish Club luncheon.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #4024
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, TL, I appreciate that!

Enjoy your luncheon!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #4025
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Is that sort of like the princess and the pea?
I am sure it was. That one flake gave off enough heat to hotten up a large kettle of soup. I had to drink milk just to be able to finish the pasta. Son #1 is still laughing at me. I think I will give the jar of red flakes to him. He loves hot food. I know I will never use it again. I thought dry mustard was hot. Mild compared to this one flake. Or as my son stated, "A flake for a flake." That child does not want to live very long.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #4026
Sous Chef

Just made my own coffee drink :) my bf used up all the coffee this morning, so I went to the coffee shop a couple blocks away, got a couple shots of espresso, brought it home, and made my own iced turtle latte! Yummy!!
Old 07-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #4027
Everymom

Just had a call from my Mom telling me I need to replenish her bank account at the seniors place. *sigh* AND that I need to buy her a new chest of drawers as she has too many clothes. *double sigh* Which means I have the somewhat unpleasant job of telling her to either weed out the clothes she isn't wearing and give them away or to buy some storage boxes for off season clothes. There is no way another piece of furniture is going in that apartment. I'm going to make my brother do the more unpleasant job of telling her to slow it down on the spending.

On the up side, its nice to see her happy.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #4028
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Just had a call from my Mom telling me I need to replenish her bank account at the seniors place. *sigh* AND that I need to buy her a new chest of drawers as she has too many clothes. *double sigh* Which means I have the somewhat unpleasant job of telling her to either weed out the clothes she isn't wearing and give them away or to buy some storage boxes for off season clothes. There is no way another piece of furniture is going in that apartment. I'm going to make my brother do the more unpleasant job of telling her to slow it down on the spending.

On the up side, its nice to see her happy.
I wish I had that problem with clothes!! I hate shopping! I always go for a specific item like a pair of shorts, try on 5 pairs, and a couple dresses while I'm at it, find that none fit right and walk away with nothing. Meanwhile, my bf who tagged along, will walk away with 3 T-shirts, a pair of shorts, and a new hat, and looks at me like, "What, you aren't getting anything?" He takes up 3/4 of our walk in closet, and I have my work clothes hanging in the other room because there is no space left for me lol. Now, if only I could put money in an account for him that would get empty when he spends too much!! I tried to get him to deposit his checks in my account and I would dole out cash, but he didn't go for it. So, I pay most of our bills, AND when we need a large chunk of cash, like when we just bought a van, I'm the one with savings. What's up with that?? Where does all his money go???
Old 07-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #4029
Sous Chef

Thanks everyone for the sleep wishes. I did get a couple hours in short naps between trips to the bathroom and walking around to loosen up that SI joint. I just took a wsrm shower and now I'm considering putting socks on. Whether it makes me hurt or not I've got to do it. I have to go to work & finish putting things away and labeling boxes so they can move me. It's only a month & a few days til school starts again. They have to move everything & I have to unpack it before Aug 15. Yuck!! I hate moving.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #4030
Head Chef

At bedtime, I've been having allergy-type fits with lots of sneezing and a stopped-up nose. So this morning I took the bed apart -- to get at the cat hair on the berber carpet underneath. That's the go-to for the cats on the occasion of a thunderstorm or human visitors. The dog would join them, but the bedrail is too low.

So now that's been well swept, put back together with freshly laundered sheets, and topped with a comforter that's supposed to be for company-only use.

Maybe tonight will be different. Or maybe the culprit is that final evening trip outside with the dog to do her business. Oh, well. It needed doing anyway.