What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe this post is one of those in the category of "it goes without saying," but here goes, anyway. It goes without saying that whenever our DC friends have problems, illnesses, heavy stress and all, there are limitless quantities of sympathy and well-wishes from us readers which may not reach becoming an actual post. I think I speak for others that sympathy and best wishes are always there, spoken or not. That is not to say that specific words are unimportant -- we're grateful for those; many at DC are so eloquent, conveying our community thoughts so well. Some to thank especially are those sharing expertise and experience.

Sorry if I'm belaboring the point -- just felt moved to take note for this and related threads of the bountiful good will, spoken or unspoken, present at DC, as well as the value of sharing the burdens we face from time to time.

I :wub: this place.

I believe this post is one of those in the category of "it goes without saying," but here goes, anyway. It goes without saying that whenever our DC friends have problems, illnesses, heavy stress and all, there are limitless quantities of sympathy and well-wishes from us readers which may not reach becoming an actual post. I think I speak for others that sympathy and best wishes are always there, spoken or not. That is not to say that specific words are unimportant -- we're grateful for those; many at DC are so eloquent, conveying our community thoughts so well. Some to thank especially are those sharing expertise and experience.

Sorry if I'm belaboring the point -- just felt moved to take note for this and related threads of the bountiful good will, spoken or unspoken, present at DC, as well as the value of sharing the burdens we face from time to time.

I :wub: this place.
"... many at DC are so eloquent, conveying our community thoughts so well." I think your post is an excellent example of this.

(((hugs Lizzie))) I :wub: this place too.

I just got back from grocery shoppig. It is bitter cold out. The grocery store is located in a very large flat open piece of land. So that nasty freezing cold wind blows across the parkng lot. I have just added ten years to my life. Because it wil take me that long to thaw out. I have to remember to take my reading glasses with me. Something new for me to learn.

I picked up some diced clams and clam juice for the clam cakes. And since I don'tlike bread, there is one bread product I do like. English muffins lightly toasted. So I will use one of them in the crab cakes. I also got a canister of French's Fried Onions. (Boy did that product shrink!) I figured to toss some in my mini FP and use them also in the crab cakes. Not going to happen. I am sitting here with a spoon and eating them like you would peanut butter out of the jar. The one thing I forgot to get was some sweet relish. I have a hankering for potato salad.

isn't life much more enjoyable when you have an appetite and can look forward to meals and certain special foods? (those you get a hankering for) it's so good to hear you talking about food with such obvious pleasure, addie.:)

Last edited:
"... many at DC are so eloquent, conveying our community thoughts so well." I think your post is an excellent example of this.

(((hugs Lizzie))) I :wub: this place too.

+1

Taxy, you fit this profile too! {{{{{{{{{{{{{Taxy and Lizzie}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Just got a phone call inviting my grandson Josh to go sledding tommorow, can't wait until he gets home from school to tell him. :)

Trying to get ready to go do some errands with TB. We have to go across the river to get his gluten free bread and some specialty items for me....mainly my organic unsalted roasted pumpkin seeds - my main munchy on my diet!

We also have to get my windshield wiper arm fixed, drop off all our soda cans and juice bottles at the recycling, do a Costco run and go to the deli. And I need to get some blood tests and an ECG for my angiogram in two weeks - hard to believe it is coming up that quick!

I think we are going to grab some tacos in there somewhere.

My mouth is still tender from the abscess, but the tooth is not aching and my sinuses are not pounding at the moment so it will be nice to get out and about.

Trying to get ready to go do some errands with TB. We have to go across the river to get his gluten free bread and some specialty items for me....mainly my organic unsalted roasted pumpkin seeds - my main munchy on my diet!

We also have to get my windshield wiper arm fixed, drop off all our soda cans and juice bottles at the recycling, do a Costco run and go to the deli. And I need to get some blood tests and an ECG for my angiogram in two weeks - hard to believe it is coming up that quick!

I think we are going to grab some tacos in there somewhere.

My mouth is still tender from the abscess, but the tooth is not aching and my sinuses are not pounding at the moment so it will be nice to get out and about.
I got tired just reading that.

I got tired just reading that.
:LOL::LOL: Yeah, it looks like a lot of work when you see it in print!

Well, I phoned the bakery just to make sure they were open and place my order. They are already sold out of the bread for today. :ohmy: So that trip has been put on hold until tomorrow. That lessens things for today. Everything else is in our area so is not too bad. Except tacos....so we are doing Swiss Chalet or Nando's instead! :yum:

I haven't even heard of Downtown Abbey.

I just finished snowblowing... again.
Darn wind. It hasn't even snowed today and I'm getting 6" drifts in my driveway.

I just finished setting up my DVD to record on Sunday night. Is anyone else as excited as I am to see the new season of Downton Abbey | Masterpiece | PBS ?

I can hardly wait!!!

Oh, yeah! Only drawback is timing -- I saw the first two seasons on DVDs from Netflix, so all the episodes were close to one another. It's going to be really hard to wait a whole week in between shows.

Did you hear that Dan Stevens (Matthew Crawley) says this is his last season? That's disappointing, but I wonder if it also means that Julian Fellowes plans to keep writing, and writing....sure hope so. That's some excellent writing.

Never heard of it?!?! Inconceivable!

isn't life much more enjoyable when you have an appetite and can look forward to meals and certain special foods? (those you get a hankering for) it's so good to hear you talking about food with such obvious pleasure, addie.:)

Thank you Vit and everyone else. I knew my appetite would return sooner or later. This has happened before and more than once. It was just a matter of waiting it out. But I hate when it happens. I think part of the problem is stress. I have been through a lot these past months. And for me it was the loss of an appetite. The stress was even evident in my grocery shopping these past months. A minimum of groceries to get me through the month. I found myself tossing out food because it had been sitting in the fridge for way to long. Eggs that I bought in October. Tossed out in December. I can't tell you how many quarts of milk I allowed to go sour. So thick I couldn't even pour it down the sink. I stopped even buying milk.

I am now back on the road to FOOD! Clam cakes sound so good right now. I put the French's onions away. Otherwise they would be all gone by now. And next week I am going to make a big pan of Mac and Cheese with tomatoes. A very big favorite of the whole famiy. I also want to make an orange or lemon cake for my daughter. Anything 'citrus' in this family goes faster than an eye blink. I have to make a simple syrup and thinly slice a couple of lemons that I have in the fridge. I will simmer the simple syrup and cook the very thin slices of lemons until the rinds are soft and edible. They will go around the cake and on top and a decorative way. The cake is lemon flavored along with the frosting.

Yes, I am back. YEA! :angel:

I haven't even heard of Downtown Abbey.

I just finished snowblowing... again.
Darn wind. It hasn't even snowed today and I'm getting 6" drifts in my driveway.

Horrors! I would strongly suggest that you go to PBS and watch both seasons before next Sunday. It has to be some of the finest writing I have ever seen. At least watch Season Two. And it is Downton Abby. No "W" in the ton. :angel:

Oh, yeah! Only drawback is timing -- I saw the first two seasons on DVDs from Netflix, so all the episodes were close to one another. It's going to be really hard to wait a whole week in between shows.

Did you hear that Dan Stevens (Matthew Crawley) says this is his last season? That's disappointing, but I wonder if it also means that Julian Fellowes plans to keep writing, and writing....sure hope so. That's some excellent writing.

Never heard of it?!?! Inconceivable!

I just hope it is not the last season for Downton Abby. Perhaps he goes off to Africa and dies of some hidious disease. Poor Mary. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom