What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The steaks are very good but also very expensive. If you are willing, it's a gift that's usually really appreciated.

Ditto here. My son gets one every year from someone he works for. He gave me one of his prized steaks. So tender. Fork tender.:yum:

:chef:Having many mini heart attacks. Watching the Pats vs Denver, Brady vs. Tebow game. Right now we are ahead, I was up all night, so of course I slept the whole day. Once the game is over, I am going to make up a packet of dry ingredients for the apple pie for DD and cut up the salt pork for the Xmas Eve corn chowder. Because it takes me twice as long to accomplish a chore, I have to start early.

I have a friend in Atlanta. Her daughter is an avid fan of the Patriots. My son finds certain scratch tickets and sends them in for what is called "A Second Chance." If you win, you get a package of Patriots' equipment. He has won so many packages over the years and has run out of family members and friends to give the stuff to. Well, he won again Ho Hum. How boring. So he is sending one of the packages to my girlfriend's challenged daughter. Unfortunately, she won't receive it until after Christmas. The last time I visited them, I brought with me a Bobble Brady head, a cap with the old Logo on it, and a few other pieces of Pats stuff. That was three years ago. She still is sending me thank you notes. I don't want to be there when she gets a big box that will have a football with the team signatures and logo on it along with a Brady shirt and other good stuff. This girl can give you the stats on every Pats player for the past ten years. There is a sports bar in Atlanta that she goes to whenever the Pats are playing. Everyone there is a Pats fan. She has become the 'go to' girl to settle an argument. And she lives in Falcon land with her mother. Go figure. :chef:

just kicking back with a drink. day of wrapping and knitting. can see the light at the end of the tunnel. five more to wrap and all will be in gift bags. made great progress on the scarf. i will be able to finish in time. then will just have dinner, read and go to bed.

I am trying to keep my mind occupied (it is not working). A friend of mine(my savior out of my abusive marriage) died yesterday. She was way to young to go. R.I.P. Jamie

I am trying to keep my mind occupied (it is not working). A friend of mine(my savior out of my abusive marriage) died yesterday. She was way to young to go. R.I.P. Jamie

Patty, think of it 'that she got you out of a difficult life, and now she has gone to a place of peace.' God needed her. She did the work he asked of her. Now she is getting her reward. :)

I'm sorry for your loss. Someone who will do what she did is a true friend.

Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, having a cup of coffee and catching up on the night's doings.

Correction...SPILLING a cup of coffee! Grrrr!

I just know you drew my name for Secret Santa.:angel:

Here's the Christmas Sunday Brunch menu

img_1085417_0_45e9c6afa662ec660fb33e6e69f581bf.jpg

Trying to decide if going back to bed and getting up on the other side will help make the day go better.:wacko:

I kinda wish I had gotten up earlier today, but on the other hand, I feel rested and awake for once. Shrek kept waking me up to ask me when I was going to get up, since HE wanted to run to the bank. Well, I'm going to the bank, too, but they are still open this afternoon.:rolleyes: He went without me and now I can go do laundry, bank and wander the stores without him being ready to go home. Method to my procrastination.:)

Trying to decide if going back to bed and getting up on the other side will help make the day go better.:wacko:
Good luck, LP. I take a nap almost every day around 4pm to 7pm. Naps are great! It takes me about 30 minutes to shake off the nap when I awake, but then I always feel like the day has just started again!

I once knew a lady who was 111 years old. She told me that she accredited her longevity to taking naps every day when possible and not allowing herself to stress out over anything.

She also took ice baths every day. At the time, one of my wife's responsibilities was to help her in and out of the tub. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Life can be so hard sometimes and I'm so sorry to see you are hurting.

Pricing aluminum sulfate and neet's foot oil (or neem oil) at amazon, since I couldn't find either at the stores yesterday.
I'm going to try to tan a beaver hide with the fur on, for a hat for my son.
My first time probably won't be successful, but, if I keep trying, I might learn to do it well.
I just received a beautiful beaver fedora hat and he really loved the texture of it. He wants a man's hat though with the tied up ear flaps and the silky lining.

About to cook a spicy sprout stir fry. In about 10 minutes. Right now I'm watching Come Dine With Me, and drinking cider. Had a busy day Christmas shopping, so tired!!!

Pricing aluminum sulfate and neet's foot oil (or neem oil) at amazon, since I couldn't find either at the stores yesterday.
I'm going to try to tan a beaver hide with the fur on, for a hat for my son.
My first time probably won't be successful, but, if I keep trying, I might learn to do it well.
I just received a beautiful beaver fedora hat and he really loved the texture of it. He wants a man's hat though with the tied up ear flaps and the silky lining.

If I were to guess for a year, I doubt that I could guess what you've decided to tackle. What an interesting challenge. Good luck!

If I were to guess for a year, I doubt that I could guess what you've decided to tackle. What an interesting challenge. Good luck!

TinLizzie, thank you for the compliment.
I'm on the fringes of cooking combined with chemical experiments. Like homemade soaps, laundry soaps, tailoring and designing and other strange ways to make things for my family. I really enjoyed organic chemistry and regular chemistry in college and it never ceases to amaze me what I can learn on my own at home.
I'm nervous about trying it because I want to succeed. Luckily I have a supply of furs coming in, depending on the weather, the furs will be thick and luxurious. If I succeed or even if I am close to succeeding, I'll put up pictures to share the fun. Thank you for the encouragement!

Back
Top Bottom