What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today we are getting our new Sealy Posturepedic mattress delivered, WOOHOO!!

Nothing like a brand new mattress :)

So I am having to stay in and wait for it to arrive...so I have been out in the garden this morning and now about to get on the exercise bike :)
Yes, getting new things like that is always nice. TB is waiting for his new "superphone" to be delivered. But beds are specially nice! I can't wait to get a new one!

Here's to good sleeps! :)

Here's to Serta commercials when I was a kid growing up :angel:
"Be a perfect sleeper, Buy a perfect sleeper... from Serta"

It's been snowing all day, 6" of snow in the flat. Now it's starting to blow. I wore Mary Janes to work this morning...:rolleyes: Facility still in quarantine, some family members are angry...but hey, we are trying to keep it contained. No new flu symptoms showing up, just the original 4 residents and three nurses.

Long day heading for bed soon, Shrek said he'd sleep in his chair again so I could sleep in the bed, I had more twists in my back than a pretzel this morning.

It's been snowing all day, 6" of snow in the flat. Now it's starting to blow. I wore Mary Janes to work this morning...:rolleyes: Facility still in quarantine, some family members are angry...but hey, we are trying to keep it contained. No new flu symptoms showing up, just the original 4 residents and three nurses.

Long day heading for bed soon, Shrek said he'd sleep in his chair again so I could sleep in the bed, I had more twists in my back than a pretzel this morning.

Hope you get a better sleep tonight Princess. Stay healthy! :)

So glad you have snow PF, Please send some my way.

Wish I could, but the ground is sucking it up really fast. The water table is usually fairly high so it takes a while for the gutters to clear, the melt water is going quickly. Not a puddle anywhere.

the chobani greek yogurt cups are piling up at my house. it all started about two weeks ago, with my finally discovering a yogurt i could eat. as i do with so many new things, i am buying up and eating as many flavors of chobani as i can, as fast as i can. one creamy spoonful after another, this stuff is so ridiculously, incredibly tasty, that some days i have eaten nothing else. there are many flavors, all good, and so far, i will go back for more of every one. my favorites so far: passion fruit, pineapple, black cherry and pomegranate.
The fig kind is very good too. I sprinkle a few walnuts in that one.:yum::yum:

So glad you have snow PF, Please send some my way.
You can all keep the snow out west!! Ours is just about all melted with the rain today, I would be happy to do without any snow for awhile. Rain isn't so bad for moisture as long as it doesn't freeze.;):)

I picked up a couple of masks today at Winthrop. If I hear of just one resident having the flu, I will use one every time I leave my apartment. They have had only one case in Winthrop. A nurse. All of the staff are wearing masks.

My apartment is going to be painted next Tuesday. I have an appointment at BMC the same day. I am nervous about going there. I think I will bring a mask with me. :angel:

We got a new bed, too! It's a Sealy Memory Foam mattress and I love it. It's a little taller than our old bed, so it will take some getting used to, but it's really comfortable.
I'm glad you like yours. I slept in one at my MIL's and hated it. It took far too much energy to change position. She hated it too and luckily the store exchanged it for something more normal/ordinary.

Just heard the washer stop, which means I will be going outside to hang our linens on the line to dry. Love crawling into bed on Friday night. The fresh smell of line-dried sheets is such sweet perfume.

Once the sheets are on the line then I'll begin "Kabooming" as Glenn calls it. He calls today "Kaboom Friday" because that's the name of the products I use to clean the bathrooms. Once the bathrooms are done, the kitchen and utility room floors get scrubbed and the vacuum is pressed into service for the rest of the house.

The temp is almost to the mid-60s and I'm sooooo tempted to open a window or two to shoo out some of the stale wintertime air in the house, but I think I'll refrain from that. Not quite warm enough to do it. Still......

Okay, back from the vet. The dogs were both unusually hyper by the time we got there - the staff all know them and said "they aren't usually like that". Their temps and hydration are good, but they both had tender tummy regions, glassy eyes and were panting like they were in pain (I know that one from Violet with her chronic hip pain). The vet said (as you already alluded, Pac) that she can only guess it was the salt because I can't come up with anything else they could have got in a 48 hour period.

We have to watch them carefully and they are both on some stomach medicine for three days. If it gets worse or no better, I have to take them back for more tests.

I am exhausted from being up with Violet most of the night and then dealing with Joie and then rushing to the vet. After TB leaves for work I am hoping the three of us can have a good nap.

Thanks everyone for allowing me to go crazy here - they may be animals, but they are my only "kids". :(

So how are the kids? And how is Mom?

So how are the kids? And how is Mom?

Thanks for asking Lizzie!:)

They both slept most of the afternoon and evening and only got me up once but it was just to go outside. Violet gobbled her breakfast and now is begging for her afternoon walk already which she hasn't been interested in for two days (a real sign of illness there). Joie wouldn't eat and threw up bile again and is the more subdued of the too. I will have to keep an eye on him.

Mom is better, but still concerned about the little one. A good night sleep really helped and I have TB home with me all day today so he can share in giving out the TLC! :)

Just had a scare. I felt shakey, light headed and felt like I was going to pass out. I tested my blood and my blood sugar dropped down to 62. I had some coke and feel a bit better. Need to run pick DD up.

I am resting......albeit uncomfortably. I went to a routine Chiropractic appointment after work last night and left there feeling like I had been hit by a truck. I had one errand to run before I could go home and I nearly passed out from the pain when trying to get out of he car. By the time I made it the twenty or so miles home I could neither sit nor stand without significant excruciating pain. I took some naproxen, applied an ice pack for about an hour and then went to bed. Lying down was about 25% better than sitting or standing. Still lots of pain this morning (like muscle spasms). Had to go to work, because I was covering someone else who is out with Norovirus. Once at work we found someone to "cover" me (it was apparent that I would be of no use) and I headed back to the chiropractor. Turns out my "hip flexors" were all out of whack (from the neck adjustment last night) this has caused multiple muscle spasms and sciatic pain.
I probably should have posted this in "venting". But the thread title is "what are you doing"? And what I am doing is whining......and resting ;)

Back
Top Bottom