What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We got a new bed, too! It's a Sealy Memory Foam mattress and I love it. It's a little taller than our old bed, so it will take some getting used to, but it's really comfortable.

That is excellent GG :)

Ours is a Sealy Posturepedic Oasis, it has a nice soft top, but still firm....we couldnt have gone the next bed up in the range and had the even softer cushion top but we didnt want it "that" soft

Yes, they say they can take up to 30 days or more for your body to adjust to the feel of the bed :)

The cool change came through overnight and it is lovely this morning :)

I am going to be doing a bit of gardening this morning...there are a lot of leaves on trees and shrubs that got burnt when we had that 46c day, so I want to cut all of those leaves off as they look terrible!

Just had a scare. I felt shakey, light headed and felt like I was going to pass out. I tested my blood and my blood sugar dropped down to 62. I had some coke and feel a bit better. Need to run pick DD up.

I am resting......albeit uncomfortably. I went to a routine Chiropractic appointment after work last night and left there feeling like I had been hit by a truck. I had one errand to run before I could go home and I nearly passed out from the pain when trying to get out of he car. By the time I made it the twenty or so miles home I could neither sit nor stand without significant excruciating pain. I took some naproxen, applied an ice pack for about an hour and then went to bed. Lying down was about 25% better than sitting or standing. Still lots of pain this morning (like muscle spasms). Had to go to work, because I was covering someone else who is out with Norovirus. Once at work we found someone to "cover" me (it was apparent that I would be of no use) and I headed back to the chiropractor. Turns out my "hip flexors" were all out of whack (from the neck adjustment last night) this has caused multiple muscle spasms and sciatic pain.
I probably should have posted this in "venting". But the thread title is "what are you doing"? And what I am doing is whining......and resting ;)
Are you guys okay now? Gee wilikers, will you ladies please take care of yourselves.

(((Hugs))) and healing vibes going out to both of you.

I got back from getting a new smart phone and buying a few groceries. I picked up a bunch of root veggies to add to the pork stew that I defrosted. I didn't put nearly enough vegis in when I made it.

I got back from getting a new smart phone and buying a few groceries. I picked up a bunch of root veggies to add to the pork stew that I defrosted. I didn't put nearly enough vegis in when I made it.

That pork stew sounds yummy Taxlady ;). Thanks for the hugs, I am still resting, feeling a bit better
than this a.m. :)

Are you guys okay now? Gee wilikers, will you ladies please take care of yourselves.

(((Hugs))) and healing vibes going out to both of you.

I hear ya. It seems every thread I open someone is feeling ill :(
We need a "What Ails Ya" forum :LOL:

I haven't done much of anything today. Made a formal complaint againt my local post office, that's about it. I've got a case # and everything :)
And I'm about to email someone and ask them if they got a purchase I made from them into UPS today, but I feel I won't want to read the reply. If they haven't sent me a tracking # by now... :mad:

I just had a go around with the USPS. My mail order pharmacy shipped me some meds on 1/2 and the tracking info indicated it was delivered on 1/5. I never got it. So I called the USPS and they surmised they put it into the wrong mailbox. They're hoping it will get turned in. They're not 'desirable' drugs - unless the thief has high blood pressure.

Then I called the mail order Rx company and they offered to do an early refill for which I will be charged my copay. If the lost drugs haven't turned up in three months, they will give me a free refill.

I am going away for two weeks in two weeks so I'm just trying to ensure I have what I need.

Kylie, we go to Aruba, where we have a timeshare, for two weeks every winter.

Taxlady, I try to plan ahead, so I have enough to keep me going until the new shipment arrives.

Just want to send out a group hug to all. I've been lawyering, paying bills, cleaning, and plan to get rid of the most extensive artificial flower collection I have EVAH seen! Dang! And the only Internet connection we have is my iPhone. Gah! I am down to one shred of hair!

Mom was a classy lady, but OMG, does she have stuff!

Last edited:
Just want to send out a group hug to all. I've been lawyering, paying bills, cleaning, and plan to get rid of the most extensive artificial flower collection I have EVAH seen! Dang! And the only Internet connection we have is my iPhone. Gah! I am down to one shred of hair!

Mom was a classy lady, but OMG, does she have stuff!
Yeah, my mum had a lot of stuff. I would never have believed that one person could have so much stuff to throw away. I spent a month on it in 2005, when she was alive and another two weeks on it in 2011. My sister had spent an extra couple of weeks on it between the time my mum died and the 2011 trip. Gah! is right. With my mum it was mostly papers, newspapers, and empty glass jars!

Went to a retirement party at John Deere's today and took the tour of the plant. The one building was 1.8 miles long, holy mackeral. Thank goodness we were able to ride on some sort of a tram. Very interesting.

I'm glad you like yours. I slept in one at my MIL's and hated it. It took far too much energy to change position. She hated it too and luckily the store exchanged it for something more normal/ordinary.
That mattress had the same effect on me. It felt like I was on fly paper & couldn't move, as I have always had a bad back. I know some people that have them & really love them though too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom