What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been communicating with my siblings all night( 3 sisters & 4 brothers) our mom is in alot of pain with her back, she is 82. She went to the chiropractor today. After she got out of the car she could hardly move. A nice neighbor brought her to the hospital. She has to wait until tuesday to get an MRI to find out what's going on. The doc. thought maybe a pinched nerve. Just gave her some pain med.'s. She has to use a walker to even walk. I think I will go there tomorrow morning.

Just chuckling at TB. :LOL:

This morning he asked that I not go to my once-a-month ladies' night because we haven't had a lot of relaxing time together. He wanted to make dinner together and watch a movie. I jumped at the chance for the quality time together! :)

Well, a few days ago he ordered a new cell phone (long story) and he didn't think it would be here for a week but it arrived about an hour ago. He has been busily programming it and reading up on all the functionality.

So, a few minutes ago he said "honey, look, if you really want to go out tonight with the girls I shouldn't stop you - you don't get to do it often. I am just thinking of you".

Ya right! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I have been communicating with my siblings all night( 3 sisters & 4 brothers) our mom is in alot of pain with her back, she is 82. She went to the chiropractor today. After she got out of the car she could hardly move. A nice neighbor brought her to the hospital. She has to wait until tuesday to get an MRI to find out what's going on. The doc. thought maybe a pinched nerve. Just gave her some pain med.'s. She has to use a walker to even walk. I think I will go there tomorrow morning.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Simonbaker and her Mom}}}}}}}}}}}}}. Hope she can get some relief soon. Are they keeping her in the hospital? My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Just had a scare. I felt shakey, light headed and felt like I was going to pass out. I tested my blood and my blood sugar dropped down to 62. I had some coke and feel a bit better. Need to run pick DD up.

Oh no, MsM!:ohmy:
FYI - Better for you would be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, the jelly to pick up your blood sugar and the peanut butter to sustain that level. Just having a coke or juice brings up your blood sugar, but does not sustain it and you are at risk for another crash. Always have protein of some sort available for those blood sugar crashes. Don't want you bottoming out when you are driving...

Oh no, MsM!:ohmy:
FYI - Better for you would be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, the jelly to pick up your blood sugar and the peanut butter to sustain that level. Just having a coke or juice brings up your blood sugar, but does not sustain it and you are at risk for another crash. Always have protein of some sort available for those blood sugar crashes. Don't want you bottoming out when you are driving...
Thank you PF. It was pouring and I had to pick DD up after track practice (school is locked as soon as track is done). So I grabbed a slice of pizza down road from school and shared it with DD.

I did some gardening this morning, then this afternoon Steve and I have been playing the Zombie part of Call of Duty Black Ops on the Wii U, lots of fun :)

Then watched a few episodes of Masterchef :)

Thank you PF. It was pouring and I had to pick DD up after track practice (school is locked as soon as track is done). So I grabbed a slice of pizza down road from school and shared it with DD.

Ask Shrek, I'm a natural nagger...he calls me "5 Horse Woman"...Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag:rolleyes:

Thanks for asking Lizzie!:)

They both slept most of the afternoon and evening and only got me up once but it was just to go outside. Violet gobbled her breakfast and now is begging for her afternoon walk already which she hasn't been interested in for two days (a real sign of illness there). Joie wouldn't eat and threw up bile again and is the more subdued of the too. I will have to keep an eye on him.

Mom is better, but still concerned about the little one. A good night sleep really helped and I have TB home with me all day today so he can share in giving out the TLC! :)

That's all good news. What was that old saying about "when you've got your health, you've got everything" - when the household is healthy, life is more than good.

I don't have diabetes, but yesterday when I was in the store I started to feel really hungry and then I started to sweat and felt like I might faint. I bought peanut butter so I got a spoon out of my lunchbox when I got to the car. I really felt like it would be a bad time to drive, so I waited a few minutes, and then started feeling better after having the peanut butter. :wacko:

I don't have diabetes, but yesterday when I was in the store I started to feel really hungry and then I started to sweat and felt like I might faint. I bought peanut butter so I got a spoon out of my lunchbox when I got to the car. I really felt like it would be a bad time to drive, so I waited a few minutes, and then started feeling better after having the peanut butter. :wacko:

You can get Hypoglycemic, good job of thinking of the peanut butter. If this happens, you need to start having a mid morning snack. Or break up your meals to 6 a day. If you have a doctor, let them know you had an episode like this.

Yesterday I got a much anticipated item in the mail. My Diploma for my Master's was delivered. I am now, officially, a Geriatric Nurse Practitioner. That is... PrincessFiona60 MSN, GNP

You can get Hypoglycemic, good job of thinking of the peanut butter. If this happens, you need to start having a mid morning snack. Or break up your meals to 6 a day. If you have a doctor, let them know you had an episode like this.

+1

Absolutely right on that ! My Mom had it and that was her routine .. multiple small eats and she had it under control. I also have it and it's easy to deal with if you know what's happening. Keep a small snack within reach ... and let your Dr know what's going on.

I usually do eat a snack, and didn't that day because I had a lot to do after work. Silly me. I will remember from now on. That was a little scary.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom