What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know much about septic systems. Why is this good news?

Because I am far enough away that I don't have to hook up to it.
Typically, at least in the states, when these townships run sewer lines you are forced to hook up to them. That means not only a quarterly sewer bill based on water consumption, an estimated between $7,000 to $21,000 to hook up to it. And that's not counting changing the plumbing all around in the house and actually running your own line out to theirs.

Because I am far enough away that I don't have to hook up to it.
Typically, at least in the states, when these townships run sewer lines you are forced to hook up to them. That means not only a quarterly sewer bill based on water consumption, an estimated between $7,000 to $21,000 to hook up to it. And that's not counting changing the plumbing all around in the house and actually running your own line out to theirs.
Oh, I see. It would cost you a whackload of money and some effort and you already have a perfectly good system.

I never heard of a sewer bill before. :ohmy:

Just got off the phone with the vet.

Good news - the mass around the lung area is a hernia and not a tumour.

Bad news - there seems to be a foreign mass in the stomach i.e. a piece of cloth (toy) or something soft (not sharp like a bone, etc.). Also his white cell count is elevated indicating infection and/or inflamation.

Maddening news - they want to repeat the x-rays on a fasting stomach and that will be another $200 that I honestly don't have at the moment. She said if it gets to surgery they can do a payment plan, but not for "incidentals". She did waive the visit fee if it is only the x-rays.

I know it is not about the money, it is about our dogs. But with my cold, dentist tomorrow, angio Friday, trying to balance a budget with non-existent money and worrying about Joie I am worn out.

And this is just bringing us to the point that if it does show something in the stomach there will be some form of surgery required to remove it. :( More worry, more bills.

Sorry to be such a downer today folks.

Laurie, if there's something in the stomach it usually means throwing up yellow bile. It means the stomach acids are working on something that isn't moving... in either direction... She "may" just get rid of it herself. There for a few years my one dog was always "getting rid" of a wash cloth she had eaten. She was 94 lbs though. It would eventually break down enough to pass. Of course, it could lodge somewhere, too. Tough call. I don't think the X-rays would tell them anything revealing. JMO.

Laurie, if there's something in the stomach it usually means throwing up yellow bile. It means the stomach acids are working on something that isn't moving... in either direction... She "may" just get rid of it herself. There for a few years my one dog was always "getting rid" of a wash cloth she had eaten. She was 94 lbs though. It would eventually break down enough to pass. Of course, it could lodge somewhere, too. Tough call. I don't think the X-rays would tell them anything revealing. JMO.

Thanks, Pac. I was hoping you would chime in:). It's actually Joie, our "boy" that is sick this time. Usually it is Violet getting into things. I wouldn't be too worried but he is only eating half meals and that is with coaching. Usually you can't get the dish down fast enough for him. He is sleeping a lot and when he does come out he is really "needy" - again not a normal trait.

I have told them we will wait until tomorrow to make a decision and they said that is fine but if he gets worse today to just bring him down before 6.

I have cancelled my dentist appointment and it looks like my angio will be cancelled too unless I make a huge improvement. The cold seems to be travelling into my chest.:(

Well, I am not looking at the Christmas tree and thinking I really need to put it away. I finally did that yesterday. It is so hard for me to call the Christmas season quits. Hubby was so nice and started taking it down when I was in the shower yesterday, and we finished together. He knows that I need a bit of a push sometimes. I am so happy that I have someone so wonderful!:)

Well, I am not looking at the Christmas tree and thinking I really need to put it away. I finally did that yesterday. It is so hard for me to call the Christmas season quits. Hubby was so nice and started taking it down when I was in the shower yesterday, and we finished together. He knows that I need a bit of a push sometimes. I am so happy that I have someone so wonderful!:)
You too? I got tears in my eyes yesterday watching DH put ours away.I just kept thinking all my little angels and will I be here to enjoy them next year. I know I shouldn't feel like this but I've had so much ilness these past few years it's hard not to, but it's done and I'm boxing things up and will just think good thoughts and pray I stay well.
kades/ma

You too? I got tears in my eyes yesterday watching DH put ours away.I just kept thinking all my little angels and will I be here to enjoy them next year. I know I shouldn't feel like this but I've had so much ilness these past few years it's hard not to, but it's done and I'm boxing things up and will just think good thoughts and pray I stay well.
kades/ma

Praying with you Kadesma. :angel:

kades/ma

{{{{{{{Ma}}}}}}}}

As most of you already know, I have been to see The Hobbit in 3D with Steve...well tomorrow I am going to see it in 2D with my mum, as she has not seen it yet and I really want to see it again...looking forward to it :)

trying to snooze. hungry, except i'm not cooking for the 5th time in 24 hours. cereal.

Last edited:
I am singing an old Nina Simone song (redone and over done by many others but never as good) right now - "It's a new day, it's a new dawn.....and I'm feeling good!"

Got a solid 11 hour sleep with coughing only before the last hour - took medicine and went back quite quickly. My nose is no longer plugged or running, my throat is better and my chest still feels a little heavy but tons better than yesterday. Joie is pretty much his old self and we decided to put off the x-rays for now. I cancelled my dentist appointment for today because of how I was feeling yesterday so I don't need to go out in the cold. I have one more day to improve before the final decision on my angiogram, but I have made total peace and if it doesn't happen I am okay with it - then we can decide if I go through with it. If it happens this week then at least I know if I needed it or not (I think not but am not a cardiologist).

So, I am sitting here sipping my peppermint tea and enjoying life as it is right now 'cause "I'm feeling good!" :)

Last edited:
I am singing an old Nina Simone song (redone and over done by many others but never as good) right now - "It's a new day, it's a new dawn.....and I'm feeling good!"
I sang it right, just didn't write it right - "It's a new dawn, It's a new day....." But I'm still feeling good either way! ;)

Good morning guys :)

Not the greatest of sleeps, it was hot overnight YUK!!

Nevermind....the day must go on!

This morning I am making lasagna for tonights dinner

Then I am off to the pictures with mum to see The Hobbit again :)

Back
Top Bottom