What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been cold here today. The temp stayed at about freezing as our high and in the upper 20s the rest of the day. Tomorrow's supposed to be even colder, in the teens and single digits.

In view of the impending cold weather, I just finished making a nice big recipe of cornmeal mush to fry for breakfast tomorrow. It's one of my childhood cold weather comfort foods. I'm really looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning.

Our credit card got hacked this morning :mad:

I am very happy with how quickly the bank got onto it :)

They have already closed that account and are going to send me out a new credit card next week, so all new numbers and everything!

It is just a horrible feeling knowing this happened!

I have to contact our house and contents insurance, private health insurance and car insurance companies as we have a direct debit with them using our credit card, so of course if they go to take their money, they cant :rolleyes:

Oh no...no using the credit card for a week ROFL, Steve will be chuffed LOL!!

I'm sitting here thinking where I can find an affordable Ball Gown for a 10yr old. Caitlin was asked to the Valentine's Ball by a very sweet boy in Grade 7. I need to find her something. It's her first real dance and she's so excited!!

Check online - you can often get good deals that way. Also, do you have consignment stores where you are? These and Thrift shops can have some great finds and very economical. Sometimes they may need sizing or a little revamping or they are great just the way they are! Good luck!

I had one of my cards hacked three times, Kylie. Always the same card and one time just days after activating the new card. The last time it was hacked there was a $7 charge at a hotel in Kentucky (nowhere by me) and then a $500 charge at a bus terminal in England. Weird.

Relaxing in my recliner, it's been awhile. My younger sister is here caring for my mom. Up to this point it's taken 24 hour care with all the personal items. Another sister & brother are coming up tomorrow. We all plan to put our heads together & come up with some type of positive resolution that will work for everyone, It's a great relief, I feel I can breathe a little easier.

Chillin' after work, reminding myself that I don't have work email on my phone for a reason so I shouldn't cheat and use our webmail to check it. Trying to get my head away from the problems I was working on and impatiently wondering the response to a couple questions asked because I really want to figure one of them out (in that nerdy, "oh my gosh this is such a cool problem" sort of way). Getting to sleep tonight is going to be a challenge. The brain is just all sorts of chatty with itself.

Check online - you can often get good deals that way. Also, do you have consignment stores where you are? These and Thrift shops can have some great finds and very economical. Sometimes they may need sizing or a little revamping or they are great just the way they are! Good luck!

Thank you Laurie :) I'll have a look today. I think looking online might be the best idea. Caitlin is tall for her age so finding something that's the right lenght is a problem. There are a few second hand stores too. Holding thumbs!

Our credit card got hacked this morning :mad:

I am very happy with how quickly the bank got onto it :)

They have already closed that account and are going to send me out a new credit card next week, so all new numbers and everything!

It is just a horrible feeling knowing this happened!

I have to contact our house and contents insurance, private health insurance and car insurance companies as we have a direct debit with them using our credit card, so of course if they go to take their money, they cant :rolleyes:

Oh no...no using the credit card for a week ROFL, Steve will be chuffed LOL!!

That has happened to us twice now. The last time was a couple of weeks ago. It drives me crazy too, but I was glad our bank caught it right away too.

Trying to decide if "The Taste" is just a culinary rip-off of "The Voice" or if I really liked it. Also trying to think what my one bite would be if I were to go on it. :ermm:

i am lurker surfing....there are about ten other people on the site, variously occupied. i notice that according to the roster, i am (vitauta is) viewing the foodie anagram puzzle thread. but that is wrong. actually, i am lurking on the who's online page. what is it again that i can do once i'm here? follow in other people's footsteps, and check to see what they are reading? i must be missing something, or else, lurking isn't the fun late-nite activity it's cracked up to be. i think i need lessons....

I had one of my cards hacked three times, Kylie. Always the same card and one time just days after activating the new card. The last time it was hacked there was a $7 charge at a hotel in Kentucky (nowhere by me) and then a $500 charge at a bus terminal in England. Weird.

Whoa, 3 times, that is heaps Pac!

Yes they seem to hack in from all over the world, but that is strange one in the US and one not long after in the UK :ermm:

They tried 5 times on our card...the first time was only $8.30 apparently, they were probably seeing if it worked, realised it did and then they did a purchase for about $800, then a few more :rolleyes:

We had only just got a new card (same account) just with a new expiry date on it, so didnt have that one for long

Last edited:
That has happened to us twice now. The last time was a couple of weeks ago. It drives me crazy too, but I was glad our bank caught it right away too.

2 times too many Chops!

It is so annoying as you have to go without a credit card for about a week...then we have to set up the new account on the online banking, contact all the companies you have direct debit set up with...just a huge annoyance!

I am sitting here waiting for the floor man to come put in a new floor in the bathroom. I am hoping he come this morning. I want to see what is underneath. I say it is mold. Maintenance says it is age related. Hogwash! El Toro Poo Poo!

Want to get me really pi**ed of to the max? Treat me as if I am stupid and don't know what I am talking about. I am just an old lady who gets hysterical. Tomorrow they are supposed to show up for the painting. When my BIL was starting his own contracting business, he couldn't afford to pay a helper. So I used to go with him and help him. My sister watched the kids for me in exchange. I learned a lot and it was fun. I also have a son who is a contractor. I have listened to hours of the work he does and I know what he is talking about. My other son is a floor expert and a plumber. For more than 16 years The Pirate installed every type if flooring there is. From private homes of the rich and famous to large supermarkets. His knees finally gave out and he had to find another trade. So I am not stupid when it comes to repairs and problem solving in maintenance. I can hang wallpaper and paint with the best of them. I can point a chimney or other masonry. I can ever connect the electrical for a furnace. I know the difference between a negative and positive pole. Don't treat me as if I am stupid. I probably know more than you. :angel:

Shrek's Birthday today, have got everything prepped so I can toss together chicken and dumplings (that's what he wanted) when I get off work. Plan on stopping and getting him a cake of some sort. I got him a couple of books and a Joe Bonamassa CD set.

Shrek's Birthday today, have got everything prepped so I can toss together chicken and dumplings (that's what he wanted) when I get off work. Plan on stopping and getting him a cake of some sort. I got him a couple of books and a Joe Bonamassa CD set.

My Gran would have been 92 today. Miss her sooo much! She was a fantastic person. Shrek must be great too, anyone born on the 23rd of Jan must be! Hope you have a fabulous time and Big Happy Birthday to Shrek!!!

Back
Top Bottom