What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrek's Birthday today, have got everything prepped so I can toss together chicken and dumplings (that's what he wanted) when I get off work. Plan on stopping and getting him a cake of some sort. I got him a couple of books and a Joe Bonamassa CD set.
Wish him happy birthday from the DC crowd.

I have been vindicated!

They removed the toilet. The wax ring is almost completely worn away. The subflooring is soaking wet. It has to be cut out and a new piece put in. They also need to put in a new wax ring. The floor man is having trouble getting the old floor covering up. So he is thinking of removing the whole subflooring and just replacing it all. And to think I was the stupid one and didn't know what I was talking about. They are going to be putting down tiles instead of a sheet of floor covering. :angel:

Shrek's Birthday today, have got everything prepped so I can toss together chicken and dumplings (that's what he wanted) when I get off work. Plan on stopping and getting him a cake of some sort. I got him a couple of books and a Joe Bonamassa CD set.

Wishing you dear Shrek a very special and Happy Birthday.

I just got back from seeing my eye surgeon. I was planning on taking a nap. Instead I have a neavy duty commercial heater fan blowing into my bathroom to dry the glue down to tacky.

I thanked my surgeon today for making it possible to have anesthesia for my eye surgery each time. I got a big hug from her. Boy did that lift my spirits. I also found out she did give me implants that were a little less than giving me perfect vision. She did hear me when I said that I didn't want to have to stop wearing glasses. I am having such a hard timie trying to get used to not wearing any. Yesterday when I went to take a shower, I was st anding there nekked trying to remember something I needed to do before I stepped into the shower. It was to take off my non-existent glasses. So I have to turn my scripts in for reading and infinity viewing. So many times each day I find myself doing something that was in ingrained habit with my glasses. Yea! :angel:

Shrek's Birthday today,

Happy Birthday Shrek! Have a wonderfully awesome day with your princess! :)

So many times each day I find myself doing something that was in ingrained habit with my glasses. Yea! :angel:

Yay, Addie. I keep putting off going to the eye doctor because I know I am going to have to have major changes. But it will be so good to see again! :)

Happy Birthday Shrek! Have a wonderfully awesome day with your princess! :)

Yay, Addie. I keep putting off going to the eye doctor because I know I am going to have to have major changes. But it will be so good to see again! :)

LP, little by little my eye sight got worse as the cataracts ripened. So gradual, you hardly would notice it. Then I had the left eye done first. Closing my right eye, my vision had improved 1000 times over what it was before the surgery. and that is my bad eye. I can't focus with it at all. So I use only one eye. But my sight was so improved, that I found myself trying to train my left eye to do the work it had never done before. And I couldn't wait until I had the right eye done. My surgeon saw how impatient I was becoming and put me up on the schedule ahead of others. Best thing that ever happened to me. Get thee to the eye doctor, Pronto! Would you rather go blind?

This journey of mine has been ten months in the making. Best trip I ever took. :angel:

I have been vindicated!

They removed the toilet. The wax ring is almost completely worn away. The subflooring is soaking wet. It has to be cut out and a new piece put in. They also need to put in a new wax ring. The floor man is having trouble getting the old floor covering up. So he is thinking of removing the whole subflooring and just replacing it all. And to think I was the stupid one and didn't know what I was talking about. They are going to be putting down tiles instead of a sheet of floor covering. :angel:

Isn't it wonderful that they are making the needed repairs. :)

Isn't it wonderful that they are making the needed repairs. :)

They are heavy duty commercial tiles in speckled brown with dark brown baseboard. It looks so pretty. I am a happy camper. Tomorrow, the painter arrives. That is going to be interesting. Our temps are in the single digits and it is going to be interesting with the windows open. :angel:

Shrek says, "Thanks, everyone!" I ended up getting us a couple cupcakes, but I drew the line at 67 candles...didn't need to set the apartment on fire. The cats both got new catnip toyus and they are blissed out.

I'm taking tomorrow off, I am finally caught up to next Tuesday...the two weeks of no admits because of the flu have caught up to me. I'll be going in Friday to deal with any discharges or admits over the next couple days.

Shrek says, "Thanks, everyone!" I ended up getting us a couple cupcakes, but I drew the line at 67 candles...didn't need to set the apartment on fire. The cats both got new catnip toyus and they are blissed out.

I'm taking tomorrow off, I am finally caught up to next Tuesday...the two weeks of no admits because of the flu have caught up to me. I'll be going in Friday to deal with any discharges or admits over the next couple days.
Did he see his happy birthday thread?

Happy Birthday to Shrek :)

Sounds like a wonderful evening planned :)

Feeling down today. 2 of my brothers & 2 of my sisters were here last night. We all had alot of fun playing games with alot of good food & fun. Worked on mom's placement to go back home. All were in agreement that she needs physical therapy with 24 hour care. So, after spending everyday with mom for the past 2 weeks they took her back home today to get her admitted to the nursing home, with therapy, temporarily, until she can gain her independence. As we had our differences at times, I am sure missing her now. The house feels so empty without her...

Feeling down today. 2 of my brothers & 2 of my sisters were here last night. We all had alot of fun playing games with alot of good food & fun. Worked on mom's placement to go back home. All were in agreement that she needs physical therapy with 24 hour care. So, after spending everyday with mom for the past 2 weeks they took her back home today to get her admitted to the nursing home, with therapy, temporarily, until she can gain her independence. As we had our differences at times, I am sure missing her now. The house feels so empty without her...

I understand the feeling, SB. {{{{{SB}}}}}}

Well, the painters have left. They didn't have the furniture covered well enough. There are little tiny splatters on everything from when they were doing the ceilings. Very fine steel wool will remove it. But I shouldn't have to have more work to do. It will tak me at least a week to get my home back to where it was. Not very happy. I know it can't be easy to paint an entire apartment with all the furniture and belongings there, but they left a heavy bookcase loaded with books in front of the closet door. They also blocked a major outlet with the wrong piece of furniture. Of course, another heavy piece. I will have to remove everything from the bookcase, move it and them reload the stuff in it. That could take me as much as three days to accomplish. It is the bending over to empty and refill the bottom shelf. I get very dizzy when I bend over. Will have to see if Spike can help me. :angel:

Tough decision but it sounds like a good one to me. A true assessment of your Mother's abilities needs to be made by folks who don't know her. Sounds odd, but those who dont know her are not biased by emotional ties. Give your Mom a couple of days and then visit when you can. Even Shrek enjoyed his rehab stay.

Be grateful for small favors. Well, Huge, humongous favors. That is to say, it sounds like you and your siblings are in agreement as to her needs. Keep up the good work. Hope the good coordination with your sibs and your mom continues.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom