What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's 11 am here and I just got up a half hour ago and just woke up about 10 minutes ago ;) This not sleeping during the night and then in bed half the day is getting really old. But I have been able to remove two of my pain medications (one at a time) and it is getting easier each day. I really want this to be a positive thing. They aren't major meds but all the more reason to start with them first!

I am going to try my first day of walking. I don't seem to be getting to the pool, so I will try walking around here. My first route will be small - to the recycling and back (I'll take a bag with me of course) but everything in it's time.

Then I will "rest" while sorting out my desk and watching curling. :)

I just finished making my nacho chips dip for today. It's in the fridge, ready when I am.

It's 11 am here and I just got up a half hour ago and just woke up about 10 minutes ago ;) This not sleeping during the night and then in bed half the day is getting really old. But I have been able to remove two of my pain medications (one at a time) and it is getting easier each day. I really want this to be a positive thing. They aren't major meds but all the more reason to start with them first!

I am going to try my first day of walking. I don't seem to be getting to the pool, so I will try walking around here. My first route will be small - to the recycling and back (I'll take a bag with me of course) but everything in it's time.

Then I will "rest" while sorting out my desk and watching curling. :)

Shrek started out walking from the apartment to the street and back (about 1/2 a city block), then down the street to the corner (a city block). Increasing the length of his walk each day until he was all the way around the block. It's not how far you walk, it's how long you are out walking. Shrek is up to a 30 minute walk every day, now to convince him to do it twice a day.:LOL:

Other than a couple loads of laundry, I have done diddly squat all day. Just shipped DH off to a Super Bowl party with a meat and cheese tray. I have no interest in football or in having my doing nothing interrupted.

Other than a couple loads of laundry, I have done diddly squat all day. Just shipped DH off to a Super Bowl party with a meat and cheese tray. I have no interest in football or in having my doing nothing interrupted.

Shrek can have the TV, I'm going shopping...:angel: I haven't been out on my own in a couple of weeks.

Superbowl is on in the background, dh is still munching on those pistashio's. We just got home from a chinese buffet, ate way to much. Need to get to helping the daughter lined up with classes for next year.

Good grief. Watching "Off Their Rockers" hosted by Betty White, while on the recumbent bike. Too funny! Had never seen it before!

A bunch of senior citizens being as off-the-wall and as obnoxious as can be to unsuspecting bystanders.

Last edited:
I haven't seen it DL, but I am sure with Betty White it is hilarious!

I am doing a quick email / DC check before settling down to watch Johnny Depp's "Dark Shadows". I watched the original soap (when my Mom didn't catch me" when it originally aired.

Good grief. Watching "Off Their Rockers" hosted by Betty White, while on the recumbent bike. Too funny! Had never seen it before!

A bunch of senior citizens being as off-the-wall and as obnoxious as can be to unsuspecting bystanders.

I started watching that last week, it cracks me up. Now that is a funny show!:ROFLMAO:

i started, then stopped watching betty white's new show. when it was funny, it was verrry funny--just too long between the 'funnies' for me. when the rest of the stuff is unfunny, or only marginally, tepidly funny, the pace of the comic sketch goes all to heck...

i'll have to give it another try now though, with you guys rolling all over the floor....:)

Agree, PF! I'd never seen it before, Vit. Seemed like a good alternative to football while on the Punisher (I usually watch Big Bang on the bike, can't do it without some form of entertainment). Some of the stunts seemed mean, but most got some big grins from the kids they pranked.

Last edited:
Yes some of the stunts are rather mean, but there are ones that are just hysterical...I'm going to have to start writing some of them down...

I have been out this morning doing my mystery shopping jobs, came home and did up the reports for submitting then relaxed on the lounge this afternoon

At seven a.m. Spike picked me up and off to grocery shopping we went. The store was almost empty. My freezer and food cabinet were both bone bare. Not anymore. I picked up a nice chuck 7 bone roast and will cut it up for the meat grinder for hamburger. Unfortunately, my food stamps have been cut again, so I was not able to get as much for the church food bank as I have been in the past. I am feeling guilty about it. I usually get a large jar of PB and one of grape jelly. Also two large boxes of cereal. This month I only got the cereal.

God Bless Spike. He comes right up to my apartment, and puts all my groceries away. I would be lost without him.

I got a scare last night. The Pirate is a recovering drug addict. He has been straight this time for three years so far. He has been here every Sunday night to watch DA with me. Last night he didn't show up. And there was no phone call all night. He wasn't even answering his phone. Did he fall off the wagon? Or is he dead somewhere? Those two thoughts are always in the back of my mind when I don't hear from him when I am expecting him to touch base. Just as we got in the door with the groceries the phone rang. It was The Pirate. He had been out all night on a broken pipe call. Our temps are below freezing, and folks forget to keep their water dripping so the pipes don't freeze. The reason he wasn't calling me back was because his phone was in the truck. Of course PBS reruns DA during the week, so maybe I can talk him into coming over so I can see for myself how he is doing. I learned many years ago not to take his word on anything.

I am off to do laundry. :angel:

It is 7:30 am here and unlike Addie, I am not going grocery shopping - though it is a great time to do so. I just went yesterday. ;) (Addie, I hope all is well with your son).

I am up because at first I couldn't sleep because of pain, then Joie jumped up on the bed about 4:30 and was totally inconsolable. He was shaking and just wouldn't leave me alone. So he, Violet and I ended up cuddling on the couch. I thought maybe his stomach problem was back so I gave him an antacid and pain pill as the vet instructed, but it took hours for him to settle down. Now everyone in the house is sleeping...except me!:wacko:

I need to be up in half an hour to take medicine, so likely I will stay up until after that.

So, I am catching up on DC while sipping some ginger tea with Joie curled up in the dog bed by my desk. :)

It is 7:30 am here and unlike Addie, I am not going grocery shopping - though it is a great time to do so. I just went yesterday. ;) (Addie, I hope all is well with your son).

I am up because at first I couldn't sleep because of pain, then Joie jumped up on the bed about 4:30 and was totally inconsolable. He was shaking and just wouldn't leave me alone. So he, Violet and I ended up cuddling on the couch. I thought maybe his stomach problem was back so I gave him an antacid and pain pill as the vet instructed, but it took hours for him to settle down. Now everyone in the house is sleeping...except me!:wacko:

I need to be up in half an hour to take medicine, so likely I will stay up until after that.

So, I am catching up on DC while sipping some ginger tea with Joie curled up in the dog bed by my desk. :)

Good morning LP. When we pulled up this morning from shopping, someone was going out in an ambulance. A rather common occurrence here. I am sure I will hear about it later. Oddly enough, I was just downstairs in the laundry room and one of the residents stated that she thought it was me that went out. Heaven knows, I have made more trips out of here in an ambulance so many times, I have lost count.

I just hope that whoever went out, they get to come back.

I am dong laundry downstairs. Spike usually does it for me. And now I know why. I get out of breath real easy. And I have to use the front loading washer. I can't reach the bottom of the top loaders. Just transferring the clothes from the washer to the dryer left me out of breath and developing chest pains. Last time I will do laundry. I hate to admit it, but I am going to have to ask to have a housekeeper come in once a month. I am finding it more and more difficult to accomplish the chores in my apartment. I tire so easily and get out of breath. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom