"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #4451
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Just got home from a day of zip lining over on the Quebec side. Slow roasting a pork belly. Think a couple of beer and bit of tv will be good. It's been a busy day already.
Bring me my Brown Pants!!!

Old 07-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #4452
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Bring me my Brown Pants!!!
Do you see those metal steps pounded into the rock along side the slide? That is the ladder you climb to get up to the top. I am sorry. I am going to be sick that weekend and I will needd PF to take care of me. Shrek can take our place.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #4453
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Do you see those metal steps pounded into the rock along side the slide? That is the ladder you climb to get up to the top. I am sorry. I am going to be sick that weekend and I will needd PF to take care of me. Shrek can take our place.
Shrek will be right with you, I'm not afraid of heights...I'm afraid of losing my glasses and/or going upside down. Bodily functions I cannot control while I'm screaming my head off in terror/delight.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:19 AM   #4454
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Shrek will be right with you, I'm not afraid of heights...I'm afraid of losing my glasses and/or going upside down. Bodily functions I cannot control while I'm screaming my head off in terror/delight.
Acrophobia and claustrophobia are two of my life's bugaboos.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:44 AM   #4455
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Acrophobia and claustrophobia are two of my life's bugaboos.
Me too!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:36 AM   #4456
Chef Extraordinaire

Today I hit the shops and did a bit of sales shopping

I then watched a few episodes of Criminal Minds and of course a little sleep in the recliner
Old 07-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #4457
Chef Extraordinaire

I am feeling pretty good this morning after a fun weekend. There were 36 of us staying at a resort in the hills. Beautiful area. Nice to see everyone at least once a year. Getting ready to start back to work monday morning.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #4458
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here wondering if my arms are ever going to get back to their natural coloring. My cardiologist was finally convinced to reduce my dosage of aspirin. So the mark and blue blacks (childrenese) have gotten less and less. Just as the markings are almost gone, I end up in the ER again. Now my skin is very fragile due to the lack of collagen. Any pressure and I bruise or the skin breaks and bleeds. When they put the tourniquet on my arm some of my skin got caught and broke. Or should I say it was torn.

Now I am grateful for any medical care I receive. And I know these problems are not created deliberately. But come on God. Give me a break. If I don't have the mark and blue blacks (childrenese) then I am covered with scabs. I look like a diseased old lady. Plus I have those horrible bat wings on the underside of my upper arms. Not to mention the turkey neck. Oh well. I guess it is the price you pay for living this long. I was looking at the family tree. I have lived longer than any of my ancestors. They all died in their sixties or younger. They all died due to heart/heart related disease. My sister lived til 74. I have just less than one year to go to surpass her. The up side is that I wouldn't have found DC and all good friends if I had followed my ancestors.

Time to start another day!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #4459
Everymom

Not sure why I was awake so early, but there you go. Tidied the kitchen (not the full scrub down yet) and made a cup of maple coffee. Listening to the dee dee's chirping at each other and planning my day. I have to work today so the schedule of events will have to be condensed to end at 200pm. Looks like its going to be another hot one!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #4460
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Not sure why I was awake so early, but there you go. Tidied the kitchen (not the full scrub down yet) and made a cup of maple coffee. Listening to the dee dee's chirping at each other and planning my day. I have to work today so the schedule of events will have to be condensed to end at 200pm. Looks like its going to be another hot one!
What are dee dees and why are they planning your day?