What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their time is ALWAYS too short pacanis. Seems a few of us are feeling that the last few months. Glad its an easy fix.

vitauta, I've not been online for a bit, I'm so glad your mom has improved. Its scary. Prayers and thoughts going up for you.

I'm going to have a nap. I'm tired physically and emotionally, it was a tough day at work today.

VB, wanna grab a virtual cup of tea and share your troubles? A burden shared is a burden lifted. We need a thread like that.

My Grandma passed away yesterday. My family wants me to come home, but my eyes are so swollen from crying, i can't even see.
Losing a Grandma is even harder than losing a parent, in a way. Grandmas have a special place in our hearts that can never be filled again by any other person.

My condolences, VB. Remember all of those wonderful memories of your Grandma.

My best wishes to you and yours.:flowers:

Vanilla Bean said:
My Grandma passed away yesterday. My family wants me to come home, but my eyes are so swollen from crying, i can't even see.

So very sorry, VB. My heartfelt sympathies. Take some time to collect yourself.

My Grandma was the most important person in my world, and losing her was devastating. Hugs to you.

You won't be the only one with swollen eyes. You need to cry. It is the first stage of grief. And you need to return home so that you can receive the comfort you need, and can only get from family members.

Just try to keep remembering that God put your grandmother here with a purpose in mind. She fulfilled God wishes and now he wants her to come home, just like your family wants you at their side. They need to reach out to you and share their grief with you. This is your chance to share your memories of your grandmother and to say goodby to her.

A nice cold cloth will reduce the swelling. And time will reduce the pain you are feeling. But you will never forget her. Grandmothers always have a special place in our hearts.

When my daughter died, I gathered her five children to me. Her youngest one was only an infant and doesn't remeber her mother. But as her grandmother, I am now able to pass on good memories to her. Just like your family wants to share theirs with you. Go to your family and let them embrace you with love. :angel:

VB, my sympathy and warmest thoughts are with you. May your memories of your grandma give you comfort at this time of sorrow. JoAnn

Thank you, everybody. I guess what really put me over the edge is I received a Christmas card from her with money inside. I'm okay, and I'm trying to stay busy,

Thank you, everybody. I guess what really put me over the edge is I received a Christmas card from her with money inside. I'm okay, and I'm trying to stay busy,

I clearly remember the day my sister called me to tell me my Grammy had passed. It shook me hard. She was the first family member to pass into the afterlife that I'd ever experienced at the time. I was a mess for a couple of days before I could again put everything into perspective.

The hurt in your heart will fade with time. Remember the good times with her and your love for her. That will keep your heart warm for the rest of your life. As long as she is always in your heart, she'll never be entirely gone. Part of her is in you.

Last edited:
Winding down, have a long day tomorrow and hoping I can stay busy. Shrek has a thing at the music store and he won't be done until I've been ready to go home for 2 hours...

I haven't been online for a few days and just saw this VB. I am sending you my sincerest condolences and warmest hugs through the Peace Arch.

Back
Top Bottom