"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-31-2012, 04:44 AM   #4501
Chef Extraordinaire

eau du bouche de incendie?

if you bottled it, people would probably buy it.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:27 AM   #4502
Executive Chef

17 September is quite a ways off.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #4503
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Good to hear, Babe! Glad you're back!
+1 !!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #4504
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindercat View Post
I'm watching Cook's Country on PBS while I relax after 4 hours of cleaning the kitchen in my new (new to me) classroom. I'd rather be watching Hell's Kitchen but it's reruns tonight, but then so is Cook's Country. The teacher in the room last year must not believe in cleaning anything. The sink was covered in multi-colors of paint splatters and dirt. The stove had a layer of cooked on grease under a layer of dust. The cabinet drawers had a layer of grit from flaking paint and dirt in the bottom of each drawer and shelves too. The utensils in the drawer hadn't been properly washed before putting them away. Mixer beaters still had dried batter on them. Muffin pans had baked on crud. Apparently they put one pan to soak and left it long enough for it to rust. I washed everything down. The sink now shines. Drawers and shelves are clean with most having new shelf liners. Most dishes and utensils have been scrubbed clean. Still have skillets to clean, more shelves to clean & line and replace the foil covered, rusty drip pans on the stove burners. I'm tired. Tomorrow my stuff from my old classroom is supposed to be moved to the new. Then I get to start unpacking! First back-to-school meetings are August 13. Lots to do!
I know the term is passe', but Atta Girl!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #4505
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Today, I am gonna go down to our friendly neighborhood motorcycle club and see about helpin' them for a spell. I ain't a member but I have known those guys most of my life. 2 years ago, the clubhouse got burned down by some young'uns that ran out of brains and somethin' better to do. They are in the process of puttin' up a new clubhouse at that location. Heap of work to be done.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #4506
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by justplainbill View Post

17 September is quite a ways off.
Yeah, it is. But, it seems like there has been construction on that street for years. There was a field/wooded area that got razed. Condos (apartment building style) were built all along that side of the street.

That's why the sidewalk and street surface are so crapulous - lots of heavy trucks. Yes, they did drive onto the sidewalk. I hope the city will fix that after they are done tearing up the street for the water main work. They aren't actually tearing up the whole street, just digging pits for the work.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #4507
Head Chef

TL - crapulous. Great word.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:48 AM   #4508
Chef Extraordinaire

I have a theory about street construction.

Some contractor had money left over from a previous job, and rather give it back to the city, they dig up a street or sidewalk. Whether it is needed or not. Can't let the citizens get used to happy living.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:26 PM   #4509
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
I have a theory about street construction.

Some contractor had money left over from a previous job, and rather give it back to the city, they dig up a street or sidewalk. Whether it is needed or not. Can't let the citizens get used to happy living.
After they get it all dug up they probably say, "Oops! It was more expensive than we expected. We need $$$$$ to finish it."
Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #4510
Sous Chef

Well, I was at school from 8:30 till 3:45 waiting for my stuff to be moved to my new classroom. I changed a dentist appointment so I could be there to tell them where to put the big stuff. Did they show up? NOOOO!!!! Did they call to explain? NOOO! I called (10:45am) to ask if they forgot. The secretary said she showed them what needed to be moved yesterday and they were supposed to move it this morning. The principal was in a meeting so I couldn't sick him on them. So I spent the day washing more dishes, matching lids to containers and cleaning another cabinet. Would you believe there were about 10 lids without matching containers? Usually it's the lids that are missing. I also talked to the shop teacher about putting one of my kids in his class, the librarian about low level books, the activities director about one of my students who happens to be her nephew, two office secretaries, the 7-8th grade special education teacher and met the 7-8th grade science teacher. If they don't get my stuff moved soon I'm going to run out of things that I can do without my stuff. : frustrated: