What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everyone. We are coping and thankfully have a full day. We are meeting TB's parents for lunch and then I have my kidney ultrasound in the afternoon. We are supposed to meet friends for dinner, but will decide whether we go closer to the time. We are pretty exhausted and want to spend as much time as possible with each other and Violet.

Princess, your message comes through loud and clear with no words.

My little man is at rainbow bridge and I know he is probably already making a ton of friends there!

So very sorry for your loss laurie. Be at peace. Maybe eventually you will find a place for a new one.

My husband likes to think the pets we have had to put down are all living in a great big landfill, running around chasing rodents and sniffing and sniffing and smelling all kinds of nasty stuff we'd have not allowed them in life!

We were both raised Roman Catholic, which preaches (or did at one time) than animals don't go to heaven. So we always claimed, we might be Catholic, but our dogs belonged to a religion that has doggie heaven. As far as I'm concerned, if my doggies and kitties cannot be in heaven, then I'm not going!

Right now I'm re-watching (half watching, half listening since it isn't the first time around) a BBC series called "Pie in the Sky". It combines two genres I just love -- murder mysteries and FOOD!!!! I've seen it all at least once, so husband is running them again before returning them to the library, so I'm enjoying listening, sipping, writing and reading while enjoying a repeat of the series.

As far as I'm concerned, if my doggies and kitties cannot be in heaven, then I'm not going!

I totally agree, Claire!

I'm still going through Mom's papers and such, sorting stuff and running the shredder.

My husband likes to think the pets we have had to put down are all living in a great big landfill, running around chasing rodents and sniffing and sniffing and smelling all kinds of nasty stuff we'd have not allowed them in life!

We were both raised Roman Catholic, which preaches (or did at one time) than animals don't go to heaven. So we always claimed, we might be Catholic, but our dogs belonged to a religion that has doggie heaven. As far as I'm concerned, if my doggies and kitties cannot be in heaven, then I'm not going!

I love this!

There was a Twilight Zone episode where the old man couldn't get into heaven because they wouldn't take his old hound dog. So he bypassed supposed heaven, and went to another gate. At that gate they told him the previous one was actually the gate to hades. Of course he and his hound could come in to heaven.

There was a Twilight Zone episode where the old man couldn't get into heaven because they wouldn't take his old hound dog. So he bypassed supposed heaven, and went to another gate. At that gate they told him the previous one was actually the gate to hades. Of course he and his hound could come in to heaven.

One of my favorites!

wonderful story, pf. thanks.

we had a developmentally challenged boy on our baseball team last year named julian. i had to run down the line from the first base coach's box on every single pitch he faced to show him how to stand, and hold the bat, and so on. every single pitch; dozens of times over the season. it was very tiring and slowed the games down a lot, but not one person ever complained. i had tremendous respect for my head coach for choosing him to be on our team after seeing how aggresively competitive the coaches on other teams were.

during one important game, julian got up to bat and got hit by a nasty pitch on his tiny elbow. he cried, but i convinced him to take first base. he was thrilled to be on base for his first time, which i think helped the pain go away. unfortunately, we didn't do anything else that inning.

the next time he came up to bat, he was terrified so he kind of asked me if he could just go sit down. i knew that the coach from the other team would demand the rules be followed, so i just told the ump we'd take an out and moved on.

again, no one from our side said a peep. in fact, in his final trip to the plate, all of the players and fans from our side started chanting "king julian!" and convinced him to get up to bat. surprisingly enough he walked, and after the game (we lost) he told me that he went 2 for 2, so our head coach gave him the game ball.

it was great. his mom thanked us over and over at the end of the season party, and took pictures of julian with the coach and i. he said he was going to frame it and put it in his room.

Last edited:
Claire said:

Saw that, great episode.

buckytom said:
...again, no one from our side said a peep. in fact, in his final trip to the plate, all of the players and fans from our side started chanting "king julian!" and convinced him to get up to bat. surprisingly enough he walked...

I like to think that the pitcher could have easily struck Julian out but was so moved by the spirit of your team that he walked him in spite of his coaches poor attitude. ;)

Great story. Thanks for sharing it.

I like to think that the pitcher could have easily struck Julian out but was so moved by the spirit of your team that he walked him in spite of his coaches poor attitude. ;)

Great story. Thanks for sharing it.
That crossed my mind too.

And yes, great story Tom.

I'm just wondering what (in the second to last paragraph) "...(we lost) he told me that he went 2 for 2, so our head coach gave him the game ball." means.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom