What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thinking of making a loaf of multigrain cinnamon raisin swirl bread. Thats as far as I have gotten. NEED coffee!

It's around 3 am our time and we just said our final goodbyes to our brave little pup, Joie. Violet found him and woke TB up. His breathing was horribly laboured last night and he wouldn't take any of his medication or food. He also looked at us longingly but if we tried to console him he would walk away (walking being difficult). I wanted to stay up but having done that the better part of 2 nights and with my own pains, I couldn't.

But he is now a peace and isn't hurting. We had made the decision when we went to bed that we would take him to the vet in the morning...it was time. But now we don't have to carry out that decision. Violet seems a little better and is her usual self trying to console us.

I will miss my little man, but I have so many good memories and I just couldn't stand to see him so sick.

RIP, Joie. You were loved so much.

Laurie, I am so sorry for your loss. JoAnn

It is so hard to let them go, even when you know in your heart that is the best for the pet, and you. I cry every time, and cry some more. Hope and wish that you are crying a bit, but moving on with you other animals. Cuddle up with your other doggie and cry, cry, cry. I've done it many times myself.

I just returned from the dreaded trip to Wally World. I was getting low on several items, but when I only have about 1/4 cup of olive oil left, it's time to get a move on. Brunch as I drove home was a Slim Jim and a Hershey bar with almonds.

Thanks, everyone, for your condolences and encouragement. I have had a few good cries, and I even had a session where I just didn't want to believe it and wanted him back, but for the most part I have a peace about it. Violet is sticking close to us but I think even she understands he isn't suffering. I think her being the one to find him was the best for all of us.

Today is get back to reality day. We have been off our diets through all of this, eating takeout, Chinese with TB's parents, etc. and today it's back to our watching our intolerances.

We are going to remove all of Joie's things except his two favourite toys which Violet seems to be moving all over the house - we will let her have them just for a little while.

We are also going to start doing serious thinking about whether we continue renovating this place the way we want it or just getting it in shape to sell and move closer to family and TB's work (still not far from here, but more convenient).

I have a horrid task ahead...cooking up 3 pounds of bacon ends and pieces, mostly for the bacon grease. The package was $2 off regular price. I use the bacon bits in my salads and soups.

So, I will be filling the apartment with the smell of bacon...

I have a horrid task ahead...cooking up 3 pounds of bacon ends and pieces, mostly for the bacon grease. The package was $2 off regular price. I use the bacon bits in my salads and soups.

So, I will be filling the apartment with the smell of bacon...

I cooked up two pounds of bacon this morning for breakfast and future uses. I actually didn't need the fat...

The ends and pieces have to be cut into uniform sizes so they cook the same. I don't know why we seem to run out of fat so fast...

That crossed my mind too.

And yes, great story Tom.

I'm just wondering what (in the second to last paragraph) "...(we lost) he told me that he went 2 for 2, so our head coach gave him the game ball." means.

I am not surprised at bt. You teach by example. :angel:

Thanks, everyone, for your condolences and encouragement. I have had a few good cries, and I even had a session where I just didn't want to believe it and wanted him back, but for the most part I have a peace about it. Violet is sticking close to us but I think even she understands he isn't suffering. I think her being the one to find him was the best for all of us.

Today is get back to reality day. We have been off our diets through all of this, eating takeout, Chinese with TB's parents, etc. and today it's back to our watching our intolerances.

We are going to remove all of Joie's things except his two favourite toys which Violet seems to be moving all over the house - we will let her have them just for a little while.

We are also going to start doing serious thinking about whether we continue renovating this place the way we want it or just getting it in shape to sell and move closer to family and TB's work (still not far from here, but more convenient).
Oh Laurie, i'm so sorry. Haven't been following mush here diaylsis has whiped me out ately . Know how much I understand what this means for you. I had to put my Maggie down a few years ago and I have her little box here with me there are meny times I hold it and cry. it still hurts me so. Have some peace Laurie I"ll hold you close in my heart and thoughts. Love to you and TB.
ma

lp, i'm terribly sorry for your loss. I too know how you feel and heartly sympathize having had to take 3 of our cats to the vet to be sent on to heaven in the past 5 years. (in this case, catholics got it wrong). joie's life energy is once again healthy and happy.

good luck, though, in making your decision on a move. i'm sure you'll find a new place to call home sweet home soon enough.

Thanks, Ma. I will be PM'ing you soon.

Thanks, Bucky. I remember a few years ago you had to explain to your boy that one of the cats died and the way you handled it was so moving. I will never forget that.

And yes, I believe Joie is breathing freely in a meadow somewhere, wiggling his bum and giving nose kisses to the angels (hope I am not offending anyone here, it is the way I have to think of him or I become a pile of blubber again).

As for house hunting, we still have to wait for my father's estate, but we are looking at our options so we will be ready to make a decision when the time comes. I want to be closer to my sister while she goes through her cancer battle and it would be nice to be near TB's family as well. And where we are looking his travel time to work will be cut at least in half!

Well, I have been out and about all day and am quite tired, so nice to be relaxing now with a cup of tea :)

I ended up finding a few good things for Steve for his birthday...I also found some things for mum to buy for Steve and also mums partner Don to buy for Steve :)

He will be so happy this year as everything will be surprises presents and I know he will like everything, as I know what he likes ;)

I am going to get him a couple more things tis week, I just had to get them ordered in :)

thanks jharris, taxy, and addie, about the baseball stuff. all of the credit goes to our head coach for selecting him because of the goodness in his heart for a special boy.

That crossed my mind too.

And yes, great story Tom.

I'm just wondering what (in the second to last paragraph) "...(we lost) he told me that he went 2 for 2, so our head coach gave him the game ball." means.

2 for 2 means that he got up twice and got 2 hits, aka batting 1,000. normally, a walk or hit by pitch doesn't count towards that stat, but he didn't know that. :)

at the end of each game, the player who plays the best or does something outstanding on each team gets a new ball or "game ball". i was thrilled that julian got his during the season.

You are wise to let Violet keep Joie's toys. I really do believe that animals also go through a time of grieving. This is Violet's way. She is letting you know that she misses her playmate and friend also. Just don't be too quick to take them away from her. Give her time. She may even make them her own toys. How many of your father's belongings have you made your own? Should you decide to sell and move, those toys may just be the only items left for Violet to remember her friend.

Back
Top Bottom