"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #4531
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you to all for the best wishes!! Just getting the van loaded now. Almost ready to go.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #4532
Executive Chef

Have fun in Florida. My son and his family were there a week ago.

Old 08-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #4533
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just got back from the orthopedist. It seems I have a 'frayed or bruised' rotator cuff in my right shoulder. It's been hurting for a while so I finally made an appt. Now he wants me to go for an MRI. I'm not happy, that's a really small hole I have to go into. I'll need some good drugs.
Andy, the MRI machine has changed drastically. It is no longer a small hole you have to go into. It is now like a round doughnut with the hole in the middle. You can see all around the room and talk to the techie. No drugs needed. The machine now only makes a whirring sound. No more loud clanking and banging. Your KA makes more noise than the new MRIs. Picture a large plain doughnut and you lying in the middle of the hole. I have severe claustrophobia and if they told me I had to have an MRI right now, I would jump up on the table with no questions asked. The very first one I ever had was in the old type machine. They had to put me into a deep sleep before I would even go into the room. Trust me, you won't mind it. The worst part is when they inject the dye and you feel warm for about five seconds. Just make sure they give you a pillow. Some places don't. Even if they have to give you a rolled up towel or sheet. It is lousy laying flat on your back without a pillow. Let us know how it goes for you.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #4534
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Getting ready to check Shrek's scar..oh yea! That's the exciting thing tonight.

I was successful in beating the migraine last night, just a dull roar today, but nothing blinding...despite the 8 hours on the computer today. Just still a bit nauseated.
PF, I find that if I give into the nausea, it breaks the migraine headache for me. I know most folks don't like vomiting. But I am so used to it by now, that as soon as I feel it cominig on, I give in. I usually only get the dry heaves. All I do with that is drool like an idiot.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #4535
Certified Pretend Chef

Thanks, Addie. I'm having an open MRI so that should make it a little easier to take.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #4536
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but do you know that those TVs can spy on you?

New Samsung TV Watches You Watching It - Slashdot

I refuse to get anything from Samsung at the moment.
I checked my numbers. My Samsung is an LN model. And thank goodness, it is two years old. But I am going to show this to my son. He has his computer hooked up to his TV and he has a Samsung. But I think it is an older model like mine. Thanks for the info. Samsung is now on my DO NOT BUY list. Too bad. I have always liked their products. I am sick and tired of the world trying to invade my privacy. I don't lead the most exciting life. But it is my life and I would like to be able to choose who I want to let in.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #4537
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thank you to all for the best wishes!! Just getting the van loaded now. Almost ready to go.
It's just not fair. You get to go on vacation and I get to go to the doctor's AGAIN tomorrow. Have a fun time and forget your everday world.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #4538
Chef Extraordinaire

We got our new TV yesterday afternoon...we were so surprised as it was not meant to be delivered until next Wednesday...so we were so happy!!

We set it all up last night and watched a 3D movie, it was brilliant...and the TV is so big, I love it!

It is great too as it came with a set of 2 3D glasses
Old 08-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #4539
Executive Chef

Good for you. We got a new one a few months ago. I can actually see everything now. Enjoy! And what a great time to get a new one with the olympics on.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #4540
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks Chopper

We were actually watching the opening ceremony last night in 3D...they have a station over here that replays all the Olympics and the opening entertainment etc in 3D..it was great

Yes, it makes it a lot easier to see now with it being bigger, I love it to bits