What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are wise to let Violet keep Joie's toys. I really do believe that animals also go through a time of grieving. This is Violet's way. She is letting you know that she misses her playmate and friend also. Just don't be too quick to take them away from her. Give her time. She may even make them her own toys. How many of your father's belongings have you made your own? Should you decide to sell and move, those toys may just be the only items left for Violet to remember her friend.

Wise words, Addie. Thank you. She can keep them as long as she likes! :)

Anybody got any 'gitupandgo'? I have the git up but am lacking the go. I do have the git up for a cup of coffee, go to the outhouse, little things that don't matter. Self serving stuff. I did manage to get the trash done and new bags in the waste baskets. I also swept the kitchen floor. A whole 20 second chore. Now I am exhausted. I need to give the kitchen floor a quick wipe for some spots of spilled coffee. I am afraid my go got up and is gone. I did check my sugar reading again. Four days in a row. A new record for me. :angel:

I just placed my first ever online grocery order. It should arrive tomorrow between 10 and 11h. That injury to my thumb and index finger are keeping me from driving and Stirling doesn't drive.

I just placed my first ever online grocery order. It should arrive tomorrow between 10 and 11h. That injury to my thumb and index finger are keeping me from driving and Stirling doesn't drive.

I understand completely. Due to arthritis, the thumb and index finger on my right hand are useless. The same for the left hand. It does make it difficult and sometimes impossible to do some tasks. :angel:

Good morning everyone :)

It has cooled down a bit overnight which is lovely!

Today I have to head to the shops again to get some bits and pieces, then a relaxing afternoon in :)

Taxy, I didn't read until now about your injury. Sorry to hear it. Like Addie, I suffer from arthritis and totally understand about hand pain. There are times when I can't even type here (and voice recognition is useless for me because of my raspy throat. We have tried several).

I am hoping to start using online grocery ordering from an organic co-op soon. Our friends use it and find it not too expensive and great quality. You can even pool orders so you would get a 50 pound sack of say potatoes and then split it with however many people.

I hope you heal soon. Not being able to drive is very difficult (I am rarely doing it lately), not to mention everything being more difficult.

oooh taxy oooh! i've been months waiting for someone to come along with whom to share my delivery grocery adventures and tales! i'm so glad it's you, taxy.:) it's gonna be such fun! if your experience with ordering groceries online is even 1/2 as fabulous as mine continues to be, you may never want to visit another supermarket in life! well, maybe once in a while, just for that forgotten item or two...:)

and taxy, get this---call it serendipity or whatever you will, but my grocery order goes in today too! i place my orders on monday by midnight, and they are delivered tuesday afternoons. so, we can talk about our food finds (and our peeves) as we unpack our totes tomorrow. although so far, i can find hardly a thing to complain about. one of the first nice surprises for me was, and it was a biggie-- finding out that other people CAN do my food shopping for me--even better than i had been doing it myself! hard to believe, but true...and it is fun shopping! oh taxy, i hope you think so too, i can't wait!:)

Last edited:
Laurie, you have been too occupied with Joie and losing him to be paying attention to my little injuries. I found a couple of places that deliver organic food to the 'burbs, but their websites are driving me buggy. This is Canada, will you please put the price in kgs, not lbs.

Vit, so I take it you are enjoying the order-groceries-online experience. I'll see how it goes. I foresee one problem: I can't read the ingredients from the website. I only ordered produce and stuff that I know the ingredients. I find that kinda stop-gap, 'cause so many items change the ingredients and I would only find out after buying it that now it contains, e.g., unfermented soy. Man that soy shows up in everything. There's soy lecithin in lots of chocolate, even Lindt! :ohmy:

I think my gitupandgo has returned. I had the git up but was lacking the go. Since then I have vacuumed two rooms, made a large pork chop (delicious) but couln't finish it all. Just too large. Teddy will have a feast tonight. Cleaned the kitchen. While cleaning the back room, I got aggravated all over again. I have a wonderful habit of not checking pockets and when I shake out the laundry, wet tissue goes flying all over the place. So when I was vacuuming, I was thinking all the white things on the rug were pieces of tissue. Nope. PAINT. It is a wonder the painter got any on the walls. In the middle of vacuuming, I noticed that I was going over everything twice or more. I checked. No suction. The hose was clear. The bag wasn't full. I took a look at the foam filter. I am lucky I didn't burn out the motor. The dust was about a half inch thick. So glad no one was here to see it.

My next project is to clean the bottom of my windows. You need a professional window washer to do the top. Standing on my red stool, I can reach the top of the bottom sash. No one under ten feet can reach the top of the top sash even standing on a stool. They need a ladder or a squeegie. It is up to management to take care of that. I don't care if the top completely blocks out the light. I am not going to try and clean it and I'm certainly not going to pay someone. Right now I need to clean off my computer desk. There are cup rings all over it. :angel:

My daughter wearing 'mekhla & Chadar'

Photo-0447.jpg

The maroon one is mekhla & the yellow one is chadar, the white piece of cloth is Assamese gamochha.

Laurie, you have been too occupied with Joie and losing him to be paying attention to my little injuries. I found a couple of places that deliver organic food to the 'burbs, but their websites are driving me buggy. This is Canada, will you please put the price in kgs, not lbs.

Vit, so I take it you are enjoying the order-groceries-online experience. I'll see how it goes. I foresee one problem: I can't read the ingredients from the website. I only ordered produce and stuff that I know the ingredients. I find that kinda stop-gap, 'cause so many items change the ingredients and I would only find out after buying it that now it contains, e.g., unfermented soy. Man that soy shows up in everything. There's soy lecithin in lots of chocolate, even Lindt! :ohmy:

finished placing my food order with 'relay' just now. today, just for me, they brought in some regular cantaloupe from a freelance produce co. in town. i like the fact that i have my choice of organic produce (or not), grass-fed beef, range-free chickens (or not) bakery baguettes or wonderbread, cheeses, imported from around the world, homemade in a local amish cheese store, or 'kraft singles' from a regular grocery store. they carry foods from three different organic type markets, including 'whole foods' and 'foods of all nations'. they deal with some 60 or more, small and independent vendors who have their specialties like seafood, exotic mushrooms or asian foods... a dozen bakeries, and another several dozen farms, ranging from dairy, to beef cattle, pig and chicken, fruit, and truck farms, most of them organic.
and taxy, i keep a magnifying glass handy for reading those super-maddening small-print food labels online. but that is honestly the only part of online grocery shopping that is a real pain. i love to peruse page after page of colorful fruits and vegetables, artisan and specialty foods, raw meats, grains,etc. this is what i meant when i said that 'relay' delivers groceries better than when i do my own shopping. for a nominal $7 fee, my grocery shoppers gather product from miles around--farm-fresh meats dairy and produce, fresh bakery goods, wine from local vineyards, herbs and spices of every conceivable form and variety. it would take me a full long day of shopping and miles and miles of driving, to replicate the sort of shopping odyssey these 'relay' folks are able to accomplish in about one hour.-- of course, they have the benefit of their humongous warehouse in addition to the actual supermarkets, where to do their marketing....
anyhooo, i wanted to wish you good luck with your first time food delivery tomorrow morning, taxy--hope it works for you....:)

Vit, that relay thing sounds really cool. I'm just ordering from a local supermarket. They didn't have any super tiny labels to read. :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom