What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reading up on the new clinical recommendations for Cardiac Care and Diabetes. They are not too far away from recommending the Mediterranean Diet to lower a person's risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes and for patient's to switch to the Med. Diet rather than low-fat and diabetic diets.

This is good news, switching to natural foods instead of changing to artificial sweeteners, etc.

Reading up on the new clinical recommendations for Cardiac Care and Diabetes. They are not too far away from recommending the Mediterranean Diet to lower a person's risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes and for patient's to switch to the Med. Diet rather than low-fat and diabetic diets.

This is good news, switching to natural foods instead of changing to artificial sweeteners, etc.

I hope they adopt it, then maybe I can get my doctor to write me a prescription for a trip to Greece! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
I hope they adopt it, then maybe I can get my doctor to write me a prescription for a trip to Greece! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Now that would be cool! I'm more excited by putting away the low-fat aspect of my diet...it has severely restricted the foods that I can eat with the other diagnoses I have. So excited I just had an Almond Butter sandwich with some plum jam.

I think my doctor and dietician/nutritionist were onto something earlier than the study. they have always told me to eat what I wanted but try to keep the carbs low. And that is what I have done. I eat a lot of fish and seafood, (Med. Diet) and I use veggie oil or EVOO. I only use canned veggies for an ice cold veggie salad. But I do eat a lot of them. I prefer fresh veggies for my meal. Nowonder my doctor took my off my diabetes meds. :angel:

Transcribing some weights and measures equivalents to my desktop-
WEIGHTS AND MEASURES (CONVERSIONS)
GRAM = 15.432 GRAINS
OUNCE =437.500 GRAINS
OUNCE = 28.349 GRAM
POUND = 453.59 GRAM
LITRE:
TSP = 4.93 ML
TBS = 14.79 ML
OUNCE = 29.574ML
CUP = 236.59 ML
PINT = 473.18 ML
QUART= 946.35 ML
GALLON= 3.79 LITRE
CELCIUS FARENHEIT
25 = 77
35 = 95
45 = 113
50 = 122
60 = 140
70 = 158
80 = 176
90 = 194
100 = 212
125 = 257
150 = 302
175 = 347
200 = 392
225 = 437
250 = 482
275 = 527
300 = 572
350 = 662
1000 = 1832
2000 = 3632

The daughter (14) & I just got back from the movie "Safe Haven", Plans to celebrate my oldest sister's birthday tonight. Put a chicken oriental hotdish in the oven. Mom, brother in law are finishing up their card game. Birthday cake for dessert, just a small piece.

Today is the first anniversary of my Dad's passing. It is so hard to believe it has been a year. I am not sad today - not that I don't miss him, but I know that he has been at peace for a year, after three of hard suffering. He and Mom are together again (my personal belief), and watching down on us.

Thinking of you Laurie

This coming July, it will be 13 years since I lost my dad :(

This morning Steve and I are heading out and about again!

Going to a garden centre to look at some plants and to get a few bits and pieces :)

The daughter (14) & I just got back from the movie "Safe Haven", Plans to celebrate my oldest sister's birthday tonight. Put a chicken oriental hotdish in the oven. Mom, brother in law are finishing up their card game. Birthday cake for dessert, just a small piece.
Whose birthday?

+1

Just got back from walking Beagle. 29°F didn't feel bad, and it was so nice and sunny. I love that it gets lighter every day!

And then it's get lighter and day light savings changes and I'm back to floundering in the dark...

I missed that :(

Rosa Parks, American Hero.

Actions speak louder than words and her actions spoke truth to ignorance.

God bless her soul.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom