What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today was a quiet day. I thought I was going to be really depressed because of it being one year for Dad and a week for Joie, but I enjoyed the sunshine, did some shopping, chatted with a young woman I have been mentoring from the camp we cooked at several years ago and even had a nap.

Now I am making sandwiches for TB's lunch, I have put out his uniform and just have to get his bag ready for the morning as he leaves early. It is hard to believe the week is over and he has to go back to work, but it was great being together, getting taxes done, removing all of Joie's things and taking in the changes in our lives.

I hope they adopt it, then maybe I can get my doctor to write me a prescription for a trip to Greece! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Some friends lived in Italy for 6 years and she has celiac disease (gluten intolerance). She could get all her food on prescription and it was paid for by the Italian government. Not only that, but they would "prescribe" too much and she had all this pasta and stuff left over! The pasta kept and she brought it home, but the breads, etc. wouldn't last. Here the items are very expensive.

I have been having a clean out of the spare room today and have got a heap of things set aside for mum to sell at a garage sale she is having in a few weeks :)

Now time to go and get dinner on the go :)

Goody! Daylight Savings in one more week!

I'm waiting for the morning sun to start it's yearly movement across my wall. My plants look like they're getting excited too. They're amazingly healthy looking for so little sunlight.

The Butter Chicken was wonderful....took some time to make, but well worth it :)

Now off to watch some Grand Designs :)

I'm cooking breakfast right now. Bacon, eggs and an enormous amount of home fries :pig:
The local store had spuds on sale yesterday, so I bought a 10 lb bag for $2.49 and they are the largest russets I have ever seen. Huge. I see some twice baked potatoes in my near future.

Thanks Pacanis for reminding me I have to peel and cut a few potatoes and put them in water for FF tonight. The Pirate is coming over to spend a couple of hours and eat while he is watching TV with me. :angel:

I'm cooking breakfast right now. Bacon, eggs and an enormous amount of home fries :pig:
The local store had spuds on sale yesterday, so I bought a 10 lb bag for $2.49 and they are the largest russets I have ever seen. Huge. I see some twice baked potatoes in my near future.

Potatoes are one of my favorite foods, I love them cooked any which way. I have also eaten a few slices raw with a little salt (in my younger days).:yum:

Working on a new version of hash browns with Andouille sausage. Everything is diced and ready, but I'm not hungry yet.

Potatoes are one of my favorite foods, I love them cooked any which way. I have also eaten a few slices raw with a little salt (in my younger days).:yum:

I love potatoes, too, and still remember my mother giving me a piece or two when cutting fries.

I'm spending way too much time exploring Pinterest. Excuses: Need to help design a garden for master gardener class, need to design a plan for our backyard redo, need to decorate a bathroom, need to finish decorating the sitting/guest room upstairs. So much to think about doing! :LOL:

Trying to figure out who took my brain while I was sleeping last night. Made bread dough this morning. It's cold today and in the kitchen it's not as warm as it needs to be to help that bread dough rise. So the sensible thing is to warm the oven, turn it off, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise - I always do it this way. Fast forward to 4 hours later. I'm thinking baked potatoes would be nice with dinner ... go to oven and crank that baby up to 400. A few minutes later I'm wondering what that smell is ... OMG it's the plastic wrap melding with my bread dough that I left in the oven :( I ALWAYS open the oven and check for gremlins or whatever before I turn it on .. first time I've done this .. hope it's the last !

Trying to figure out who took my brain while I was sleeping last night. Made bread dough this morning. It's cold today and in the kitchen it's not as warm as it needs to be to help that bread dough rise. So the sensible thing is to warm the oven, turn it off, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise - I always do it this way. Fast forward to 4 hours later. I'm thinking baked potatoes would be nice with dinner ... go to oven and crank that baby up to 400. A few minutes later I'm wondering what that smell is ... OMG it's the plastic wrap melding with my bread dough that I left in the oven :( I ALWAYS open the oven and check for gremlins or whatever before I turn it on .. first time I've done this .. hope it's the last !

They may have taken your brains, but they left your nose to smell your disasters. How kind of them. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom