What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm watching the neighbour's 8 year old daughter. Actually I am watching her play with Violet! :) We will be leaving soon for her gymnastics class. It will mean me driving home in the dark, but thankfully it is very close to home.

She is a great kid and very good for Violet, specially right now!

Still in the hospital lst night they said I was going to have surgery today. Then it was called off this morning & rescheduled to have it again than yet again it was cancelled. Still waiting for surgeon to get here to explain what's going on.

Still in the hospital lst night they said I was going to have surgery today. Then it was called off this morning & rescheduled to have it again than yet again it was cancelled. Still waiting for surgeon to get here to explain what's going on.

Good grief. That's ridiculous. SB, I hope you soon get someone to explain what's happening, hang in there, Sweetie! Is DH going to be there to catch anything you might miss? Hope they're keeping you comfortable, and pain-free.

Last edited:
Good grief. That's ridiculous. SB, I hope you soon get someone to explain what's happening, hang in there, Sweetie! Is DH going to be there to catch anything you might miss? Hope they're keeping you comfortable, and pain-free.
+1 on all the above and I will add some love, hugs and prayers. Be well my friend.

oh sb, it's so maddening to have hospital doctors keeping you in the dark, waiting for crucial information about your condition and treatment!! you have been in my thoughts a lot since yesterday, sb. in the face of your sudden health scare, i am encouraged by one thing in particular. it is the fact that you are in the best physical condition possible at this time. because of your hard work with exercise and meals these past months, your weight is down, and your blood tests reflect a far healthier person, with a level of fitness far better than it has been in years.:) this is such a positive factor in your favor in many important ways, particularly if you are to be undergoing surgery soon. i hope your dh is able to continue spending time being with you while you are in the hospital. he can be invaluable as an advocate for you, and in keeping communications open between you and the staff providing your care. i know this first-hand, sb, from both sides of the hospital bed. sending you my best wishes, take care and keep in touch with your friends at dc. you are not alone.:)

simonbaker, +1 to what vitauta said. You're in my thoughts as well.

@JoAnn - what kind of soup did he bring?

I'm doing lots of piddly things today. I've called my cell phone company, I've called a police officer about the accident I witnessed, I've called an online company to fix my order...busy busy busy. LOL!

simonbaker, +1 to what vitauta said. You're in my thoughts as well.

@JoAnn - what kind of soup did he bring?

I'm doing lots of piddly things today. I've called my cell phone company, I've called a police officer about the accident I witnessed, I've called an online company to fix my order...busy busy busy. LOL!

It is chicken vegetable, oh, it smells so good, I can't wait for supper.:yum:

That is no good at all, what are they doing there??

Dh is here with me in the hosp still waiting. Sounds like they may send me home today to come back next week for surgery. The ddaughter is at a game until 6. Sure hope doc gets here soon so we can get out of here!

Thank you to all for all your well wishes!!!

We just want you well, healthy, and back with us, SB! So glad you're still able to share stuff!

I'm getting ready to watch Old Yeller on TCM. :(
They've been doing vintage dog movies all day.

I'm getting ready to watch Old Yeller on TCM. :(
They've been doing vintage dog movies all day.

Well, you're a better man than I, Pac. I still can't watch it. :(

I'm cleaning out the fridge, and picking up and shredding stuff. Made some more calls on Mom's behalf.

Last edited:
Didn't anyone ever make a happy dog movie? :huh:
I'm thinking 90% have something unsettling happen in them.

Hmm. Good question. The Incredible Journey. Benji. 101 Dalmations.

Yup, that's it.

Last edited:
The Incredible Journey gets to me, too... when you think the old dog didn't make it...
But it ends happy anyway!

Back
Top Bottom