What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should have said, the city cleans them, where there are sidewalks. There's sidewalk on my side of the street, not the other and none at all on some of the streets nearby. I would be really ticked off if I had kids who had to get anywhere by themselves.

Kids don't go anywhere by themselves any more. They take busses to and from school and have 'playdates' the parents arrange. One parent picks up the kid(s) and takes then to her house to play with her child then takes them home.

Life sure is different these days.

an interesting development here after a snow storm that left many thousands of people with no heat or utilities: this being a university town, there are more than 60 motels in the immediate area. many of these motels are offering their rooms at much reduced rates to folks without power. these motels are full up with families thankful for a warm place where to spend a comfortable night and recharge everyone's batteries and spirits....:)

Woke up not feeling much better than when I went to bed - maybe a little worse. Cough and sore throat have set in, still have chills and sweats. Stomach is still unsettled, but other symptoms have stopped. Guess I will be laying low again today. I had so much planned, but with my immune system I have to be careful.

I had a very long conversation with my sister this morning. She is really down as not only does she have the tumor in her tailbone but they now believe she has ovarian cancer as well. The treatment of these two types of cancer separately are bad enough, but together.... She has to wait until after her surgery on her back for any surgery and/or chemo on the other because she needs all her strength to come through a complicated 12 hour procedure. And no date is set for the back yet. I am trying to console her but at the same time am devastated that every member of my family has had some form of cancer. I am not worried for myself in the least, just shocked and angry at this horrible disease.

So, I am planning to go curl up in my recliner with some ginger tea (soothing for my tummy) and watch curling. This is the last weekend for the men.

Watching the snow falling and waiting for my dough to rise for Kaiser rolls.

Last edited:
Woke up not feeling much better than when I went to bed - maybe a little worse. Cough and sore throat have set in, still have chills and sweats. Stomach is still unsettled, but other symptoms have stopped. Guess I will be laying low again today. I had so much planned, but with my immune system I have to be careful.

I had a very long conversation with my sister this morning. She is really down as not only does she have the tumor in her tailbone but they now believe she has ovarian cancer as well. The treatment of these two types of cancer separately are bad enough, but together.... She has to wait until after her surgery on her back for any surgery and/or chemo on the other because she needs all her strength to come through a complicated 12 hour procedure. And no date is set for the back yet. I am trying to console her but at the same time am devastated that every member of my family has had some form of cancer. I am not worried for myself in the least, just shocked and angry at this horrible disease.

So, I am planning to go curl up in my recliner with some ginger tea (soothing for my tummy) and watch curling. This is the last weekend for the men.
{{{{HUGS}}}

I am "continuing to hold".
It's a beautiful sunny day and I should be outside doing something, but here I sit... for the last 30 minutes... long enough I grabbed my laptop.

I am "continuing to hold".
It's a beautiful sunny day and I should be outside doing something, but here I sit... for the last 30 minutes... long enough I grabbed my laptop.

Ditto. Don't feel much like moving at the moment.

I didn't get my call taken until about 1:45. All that for a ten minute conversation.
They should have one of those systems that calls you back when it's your turn.

I cleaned the bottom sashes of my two windows in the main room. Snowing like a banshee out and I decide to clean windows. I can't reach the top sashes. The dang windows are two stories high. I am going to have to ask Spike to bring me a tall ladder. Don't worry. He won't let me climb up. He will bring the ladder and do it for me. If not, I will borrow one from maintenance and set it up just before he is due to arrive here to watch TV with me. Then when he sees me starting to climb, he will stop me. :angel:

we have a new ordinance in c-ville which states homeowners will be fined if they have not cleared the snow from their sidewalks within 24 hours of a snowfall. yet, 1/3 of our c-ville residents are still without electricity, and many don't have cable or high speed internet service since yesterday's storm. most of our schools have already announced closings for tomorrow. the city will send out crews to clear walks of snow after 24 hours and charge the residents.
is this common practice, fining folks for not clearing their sidewalks? this is the first i've heard of such a practice.
oh, and i forgot to mention that voluntary snow-cleaning crews are supposedly being created to help those folks physically unable to comply with the snow removal requirement. except that, nobody has signed to volunteer their snow shoveling services as of yet....

Yes, it is common practice in Boston. My youngest kid never had to be told to shovel for the elderly couple next door. And he refused to take any money from them. So they always gave him a Christmas present instead. :angel:

Wishing I had a dress makers dummy. Need to alter a few blouses and slacks today.

Guess I'll wait for hubby to wake up. He's it! :LOL:

Munky.

TB picked up the little plaque we ordered with Joie's paw print on it. They took some of his hair and the company made the surface black and white, and his name is on the back. It doesn't bring him back, but it is sitting on a shelf where we can see it and be reminded of our precious pup.

I am supposed to bake some brownies to take as a housewarming present for one of TB's co-workers tomorrow but the thought of the smell of baking chocolate, which I usually love, is already making my stomach do flip-flops. I may have to come up with a non-edible Plan B. I have sent baking with him on a few occaisions so it has become kind of expected, but if I don't feel better I may not even be going so they will understand. If I am contagious, I don't want to be coughing into the batter :ermm::LOL:

Happy Saturday :)

Another hot day here in Adelaide, nothing new there :rolleyes:

Today we are having a relaxing day in, going to play some Wii U later and watch some movies :)

Early day, talked Shrek into taking me to 5Guys for lunch and then we did some little shopping. Ended up with a new cat tree and they are both going nuts over it. Sprained my little finger and ripped half the nail off getting the thing in the car. Good thing it's the weekend.

Was able to get some plain rotisserie chicken down for dinner and it is sitting well. No appetite but knew I needed to eat.

Have decided not to make the brownies and probably won't go to the party. TB will pick up some flowers or something on his way there.

I slept 11 hours last night and while I am still walking up I think I am finally feeling better! :)

Has anyone heard from Snip? I was very concerned about her - am hoping she went to the doctor.

Back
Top Bottom