What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are travelling to Maple Ridge (about 45 - 60 minutes away) where my Dad lived before he came here. Our trip is for three reasons - to check the name plate at the cemetery, set some flowers for both of my parents (Monday will be 18 years since we lost my Mom and it is a year for Dad).

Laurie, my DH is from Maple Ridge (Haney) we visit there often. :) hope everything is as you wish at the cemetery.

I slept 11 hours last night and while I am still walking up I think I am finally feeling better! :)

Has anyone heard from Snip? I was very concerned about her - am hoping she went to the doctor.

Here I am, still have flu but I'm ok thank you :)
Glad you are feeling better!
Had a few vodkas with my mom on friday (Sometimes listening to mother is not best :rolleyes:)
No blood when I cough anymore and the infection seems to be clearing up a bit.
Went to the clinic and got some more meds.
Hope you get well soon :flowers:

SB, have you ever had surgery? Take it from someone who has every part of her body cut on, It is a snap. They will probably do microscopic surgery. Tiny scar and you can go home the next day. :angel:
No, I have never had surgery before. The latest word on it now is they want to wait on surgery. The doctors & surgeons had a conference on friday morning. Now, they want to do a CT scan biopsy, then some radiation to try & shrink this mass in my lower left back. Unfortunately they are leaning more towards the possibility of cancer. I so hope they are wrong. It was a real struggle to get through the daughter's concert on friday night. Afterwards she had a sleepover planned with a good friend in town. Dh & I went out & had a few, well way to many, cocktails which is not real common. Just starting to feel better now. It's about time for bed.:innocent:

No, I have never had surgery before. The latest word on it now is they want to wait on surgery. The doctors & surgeons had a conference on friday morning. Now, they want to do a CT scan biopsy, then some radiation to try & shrink this mass in my lower left back. Unfortunately they are leaning more towards the possibility of cancer. I so hope they are wrong. It was a real struggle to get through the daughter's concert on friday night. Afterwards she had a sleepover planned with a good friend in town. Dh & I went out & had a few, well way to many, cocktails which is not real common. Just starting to feel better now. It's about time for bed.:innocent:

Oh SB, hoping and praying for the best. You hang in there, sweetie! You're a strong person, I know you will tackle and defeat whatever it may be. {{{{SB}}}}}

Last edited:
sb, i'll say a decade tonight for you so that everything will be fine.

i wish i didn't have to work tonight. i hate the clock change over. we have to set several master clock systems in the building that control just about everything the network does to a very precise frame accuracy. after setting the clock drivers, we have to test a dozen master control rooms' outputs, and check clocks in various departments to make sure everything jives.

it wouldn't be so bad if i could just go home and sleep in the morning when i get out at 8am, but i have to be at a baseball coach's clinic at 11am, then have tryouts at 1:30pm, and the draft at 4pm, and be back at work by 7pm.

it's gonna be a rough day with no sleep whatsoever.

bt, I commend you for spending so much time with your son. There are a lot of fathers that can't be bothered. Let their mother do it. But has it ever occurred to you to every so often to say "No". I have to work. When Spike was 10 he was in Little League. For some strange reason they always schedueld practice and games at 5 p.m. I finally got sick of him missing family meals and coming home starving. I started to say No" and after a while other mothers joined in. They quickly change the time to 6;30. I later found out the reason for the 5 p.m. time was because the coaches wanted to be home in time for their supper and TV. :angel:

no, addie. ;)

see, there ya go.

lol, it's just one day. yesterday's snow storm messed things up so the clinic, tryouts, and draft was compressed into today.

i'll survive. i can always say no to work, but i'm greedy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you SB.

Thoughts and prayers going out for you SB. I pray that the doctors will figure out the best action to take, and that you will fight off things if need be. (((SB)))

You inspired me. SO and I had BLTs for lunch. They were delicious.

It's a great sandwich, isn't it?
I don't often have both fresh lettuce AND tomatoes in the house, so they are kind of a treat for me.

Happy Monday everyone :)

It is a public holiday here today, Adelaide Cup!

Steve and I are heading over to mums as we are going to set up the new PVR that we bought her, so now she can get rid of her DVD player as this plays and records DVD's too, and she can start recording live TV and she will have a big 500GB hard drive to store all her shows and movies etc

PVR's are great!

Mum is also making her famous pasties for us all to enjoy for lunch YUM, cant wait! :yum:

pvr?

adelaide cup?

c'mon now, you're just trying a little too hard to be different. :glare:

lol, but seriously, what does the adelaide cup stand for that it requires a national holiday?

Simon,

I don't know you personally but I know through your posts that you're dealing with challenges right know.

As someone with struggles of his own I can empathize.

Just remember my friend...

You are never alone

You are loved

You are appreciated

We all struggle in one way or another

We all fall down

If we have trouble getting up all we have to do is reach out and we will be lifted up.

During a very very difficult time in my life I sought help from a psychologist.

The most profound words he ever said to me were "respect your struggle"

I don't know why these words were so meaningful to me but they always come to my mind in times of trouble and they always strengthen me.

Highest regards,

Jeff

pvr?

adelaide cup?

c'mon now, you're just trying a little too hard to be different. :glare:

lol, but seriously, what does the adelaide cup stand for that it requires a national holiday?

Tom, the Adelaide Cup gets a holiday same as The Melbourne Cup...we dont mind a day off just because there is a horse race going on :LOL: :LOL:

The PVR is great...is a Personal Video Recorder, it records live TV to a hard drive

The one we bought mum has a built in hard drive, it has a twin receiver, it is a DVD player and a DVD recorder and also records live TV, 2 stations at once, it is pretty cool :)

Back
Top Bottom