What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom, the Adelaide Cup gets a holiday same as The Melbourne Cup...we dont mind a day off just because there is a horse race going on :LOL: :LOL:

The PVR is great...is a Personal Video Recorder, it records live TV to a hard drive

The one we bought mum has a built in hard drive, it has a twin receiver, it is a DVD player and a DVD recorder and also records live TV, 2 stations at once, it is pretty cool :)

Oh man do I miss my PVR :(
Just to be even more confusing BT, we had a HDPVR :LOL:

boy, i wish we got a day off for the kentucky derby. that would be nice.

we only get holidays when someone does something great, then dies.

are the banks and post office in Boston closed on those days, addie?

Only the state licensed banks. If it says Federal before or N.A. after the name, they are open. It is a state holiday. The Post Office is open I think. They just hold back the mail to businesses to be delivered the next day. Mailmen hate those days. It makes the next days work twice and heavy. All courts and state offices are closed.

We make a big deal out of those two days. After all, everyone's freedom in this country started in Boston. It was our discontent with all the new laws and taxes that England was placing on the colonies that set us off to rebelling. Then when the Boston Massacre happened, that really did it. We have in the Massachusetts Historical Society some documents that the rest of the country is not privy to unless they are willing to travel here and read them under the tightest security.

And you have to remember, John Adams, Hancock, Sam Adams, and Ben Franklin among others came from Boston. Yes, Ben Franklin. He was born and lived here until he was 17. His parents have the biggest grave marker in the Granary Burial Grounds.

March 17th - Remember, Boston was the only town that was blockaded by the British. By both land and sea. They were finally driven out of Boston Harbor on March 17th. Long before it was celebrated as St. Patirck's Day.

April 17th - The British went to Lexington and started the war there on the Town Green. And then they marched on to Concord. Most people think it all started in Concord. There is a plaque at the place in Concord where British soldiers are buried. On Ralph Waldo Emerson's property.

Yes, we take our history very seriously. Every where you walk in downtown Boston, there is a plaque commerating an event that led up to the war or where someone of interest lived.

;) I love Boston history. Get me started on it, and there is no stopping me. As you can tell by this missive. :angel:

Last edited:
boy, i wish we got a day off for the kentucky derby. that would be nice.

we only get holidays when someone does something great, then dies.

Bucky, I can hop on my scooter and be at Suffolk Downs in a matter of three minutes on Derby Day. That place is packed to the walls on that day. Would you believe I have lived here almost all of my life and have never been there to see a race. I have seen them running from the top of the hill where they filmed Six Bridges To Cross. I have served jockeys and other personnel that work there, (boy do they smell) as a waitress in a restuarant with walking distance of the track. But never been there. I have been to their large conference room when my GD was always competing in Miss East Boston and other pageants. Yes she always won. the conference room is totally separate from the track, yet part of it. I did practice driving in their empty parking lot as a teenager once. Everyone goes there to learn how to drive. :angel:

I'm procrastinating. I have conf. calls all day. I should get off my butt, feed the dogs, feed the chickens, collect and wash eggs, take a shower, load files. Instead I'm on DC.

I am getting ready to go out for supper tonight with my daughter and her husband. Have my hair done, makeup on, and clothes laid out. We are going to a local restaurant. Her husband teaches school tomorrow night so we can't go then. My daughter doesn't want to drive because of the weakness in her muscles from the chemo. She is afraid she wouldn't have the strength to step on the brakes if it was necessary. I think I am going to order Eggplant Parm. One of my favorite dishes. Definitely my favorite veggie. :angel:

I like to read while I am having breakfast or lunch, so I just bought me a book holder at the Kitchen Store in the mall. It is so nice to rest my book on. It is adjustable to any angle.

I like to read while I am having breakfast or lunch, so I just bought me a book holder at the Kitchen Store in the mall. It is so nice to rest my book on. It is adjustable to any angle.

Every so often you have to treat yourself. What a nice present. :angel:

Off to see my shoulder surgeon again this morning...this time he will tell me the results of my scans taken one year after the operation...see if he can see why I am still in pain sometimes

We just got back from a shopping trip and lunch at a Mexican restaurant...Yum! Now i guess I should go put things away...

aiting for dh to get home. He had to go 75 miles south of town. Our big hobart mixer took a dump today. Cannot have a business without it. Not what we needed right now. He got a good used one. All is well. Had a great deep water class tonight. I'm going to go & take a shower then figure out what to make for supper.

I am just putting the finishing touches on the 2012 package of paperwork for the income tax guy!

I wish they would just go to a flat federal sales tax and end this annual nightmare! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Got my grandson here with me today, he stayed home from school because of a bad cold. He was not able to go today on his field trip with the rest of his class mates. I said I was so sorry but he said that it was alright because he didn't want to get the rest of the kids sick. This is the last year at this school because in the fall he will be starting Jr. High.

Sitting infront of my PC trying to keep my eyes open lol! Daniel was up most of the night again. He'll be 6 in July, this has got to stop. Not sure I can handle this for much longer.
He started sleeping through the night when he was only a few weeks old but started waking again when he was 6 months old. Hasn't stopped since. He wakes up screaming most nights. Loud enough to wake the whole house. Darn it I'm tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Snip I am so sorry to hear about Daniel's sleep patterns. Do you know if it is night terrors? Sounds like it. My friend's son had them and did finally grow out of them, but then he had something similar the last couple of years (he is now 17). They told her kids have them during growth spurts. I used to wake up with horrible pains in my legs and I grew tall quite fast - the doctor told my Mom that "growing pains" can be very real because your bones are literally growing over night. Maybe if you look these up on Google you might get some answers.

I had a rough night too - my side pain is back though they keep saying it isn't my kidney. I finally got into a solid sleep about 2:30 am but still woke at my usual 7, going back for an hour but then was awake for good.

I am trying to figure out my plan for the day. If I decide to enter a cake decorating contest I will be spending much of the day solidifying the design. I haven't done a cake in awhile and am both excited and a little nervous. It is just an online contest so not too strenuous but I am rusty.

If I decide not to do the cake, then my decision for the day turns to which room do I work on that needs a good spring cleaning - our bedroom, the storage room or do some work on my craft room.

Of course tiredness and pain may make all the decisions for me ;)

I am just putting the finishing touches on the 2012 package of paperwork for the income tax guy!

I wish they would just go to a flat federal sales tax and end this annual nightmare! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I got our taxes done and electronically filed on the weekend. We are both getting a refund this year so we wanted it in ASAP. I still haven't finished Dad's but it is a little more complicated and since money is owed by the estate (which isn't finished yet, though we can still have it paid from it by going to the bank), I am holding off awhile. We don't have to file until April 30th in Canada.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom