What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. We are open w our daughter about being adopted. Every july 22nd we celebrate her"special day". It's the day we went to court & legally adopted her. We always make it just a fun family day with the 3 of us.:angel::angel::angel: And 2 for you & your daughter:angel::angel:

Thank you. Yesterday my daughter had her MRI. I will call her tomorrow and ask how she is feeling. She will find out on the 20th the results. :angel:

Every bone and muscle in my body is aching today. And it is not raining. I really don't want to take a Vicodin. They leave my mouth so dry. I sure could use some energy if anyone has any laying around not being used. I have to head over to the house and feed the kitties. :angel:

It is Steve's birthday today, so I am just waiting for him to wake up so that I can give him his presents :)

We had a lovely dinner at mums last night, wonderful food mum cooked, great night!

Tonight we are heading out to a chinese restaurant for Steve's birthday dinner :)

2 nights in a row of no cooking and no dishes, I could get used to this :LOL:

For Steve's presents, I have bought him a couple of boxes of Shreddies which are a cereal that is sold in England and Steve used to love them. They now sell them here but only in a Lolly Shop as they get them imported in, they only have them every now and then, so when they do, I get a couple of boxes to last for a while. The catch is though that they are $10.00 a box OUCH...total rip off for the size of the box, but Steve loves them, so it is worth it

Also 3 blu ray movies...one being Avatar in 3D as we both have not seen that and it is meant to be very good!

Also a figure of Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit...mum got him Gollum, they look so cool!

Also a couple of UK Mars bars, as Steve said the chocolate tastes different on them compared to the Aussie ones and also a couple of Double Decker chocolate bars as he loved them back in the UK and once again, they cant be found in supermarkets over here. They too were quite expensive but worth it :)

He is now having his breakfast, so present opening soon!

For Steve's presents, I have bought him a couple of boxes of Shreddies which are a cereal that is sold in England and Steve used to love them. They now sell them here but only in a Lolly Shop as they get them imported in, they only have them every now and then, so when they do, I get a couple of boxes to last for a while. The catch is though that they are $10.00 a box OUCH...total rip off for the size of the box, but Steve loves them, so it is worth it

Also 3 blu ray movies...one being Avatar in 3D as we both have not seen that and it is meant to be very good!

Also a figure of Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit...mum got him Gollum, they look so cool!

Also a couple of UK Mars bars, as Steve said the chocolate tastes different on them compared to the Aussie ones and also a couple of Double Decker chocolate bars as he loved them back in the UK and once again, they cant be found in supermarkets over here. They too were quite expensive but worth it :)

He is now having his breakfast, so present opening soon!

what a loving wife you are, kylie--breakfast cereal and candy bars! steve's gonna be mad when he opens his presents and finds out he coulda had shreddies for breakfast.:)...unless, of course, you surprised him an even more special b-day breakfast this morning....:)

happy birthday, steve, hope you have a fabulous time!

Last edited:
Thank you V, I will pass on your birthday wishes :)

Steve loved all his presents, he also got a couple of blu rays from mum, a Gollum figure and a 1.8 litre thermos, so he is well chuffed!

It is Steve's birthday today, so I am just waiting for him to wake up so that I can give him his presents :)

We had a lovely dinner at mums last night, wonderful food mum cooked, great night!

Tonight we are heading out to a chinese restaurant for Steve's birthday dinner :)

2 nights in a row of no cooking and no dishes, I could get used to this :LOL:

Now if someone would come along and do your ironing for you. :angel:

don't you guys have poly/cotton where you live? other than dress shirts, i have needed to do very little ironing for some twenty or thirty years. always hated ironing....:)

don't you guys have poly/cotton where you live? other than dress shirts, i have needed to do very little ironing for some twenty or thirty years. always hated ironing....:)

I have an old wooden ironing board and an iron that has a large water tank. I love to iron. Set up the board and stand in front of the TV. I am a happy person. :angel:

We do, but I cant stand anything but cotton...I love wearing cotton clothing, sleeping on cotton sheets etc

Poly and cotton blended ends up getting lots of lint/pilling (bitties I call them) and I cant stand the feel of it...so cotton it is :)

We do, but I cant stand anything but cotton...I love wearing cotton clothing, sleeping on cotton sheets etc

Poly and cotton blended ends up getting lots of lint/pilling (bitties I call them) and I cant stand the feel of it...so cotton it is :)

Kylie, because of a skin condition, I too have everything cotton. Even my sheets and tablecloths. The first thing I look at is always the label. I love the look of a nice crisp ironed crease down the front of a pair of slacks. My first husband was a pro chef. He had the option of having a professional laundry company do his uniforms. But he complained that they didn't iron them to his liking. And I didn't mind doing them at all. I like to iron.

When the kids were small, my sister hated to iron. She had a big box, like the kind a washing machine would come in. She would always toss her ironing in it. When the ironing got to the top, after the kids went off to school, I would head for her house with my iron in hand. She got a second ironing board for me. We would set them up in front of the TV and watch our soap operas all day until the kids came home from school. And we ironed, and ironed and ironed. But we got it all done. For some strange reason I always got stuck doing the difficult pieces. We even ironed her husband's boxer shorts.

I have an old wooden ironing board. The label is still on it. It was from the early forties. I found it many moons ago in a thrift shop brehind some dusty old bed springs. It cost me the grand sum of $.69. A couple of my kids have already started to fight over who gets it. When I got it, it had about 20 covers on it. I now am using the last one. Everytime a hole shows up or a wear spot, I get some old material I have, and with the Stitch Witchery, I cover it and just continue ironing. I have even covered some of the patches. I have had that board and cover for almost 40 years and I hate to give that cover up. So I will continue to patch it and patch it. :angel:

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!! Éirinn go brách (I'm Irish today LOL)

I would like to make some jalapeno bagels but not sure I will get to it.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I hate ironing lol When DH was first in the Navy, he expected me to iron his uniforms. Uh, no way, Jack. I didn't join the Navy, you did. He even ironed my uniforms when I was in culinary school last year.

I have an old wooden ironing board. The label is still on it. It was from the early forties. I found it many moons ago in a thrift shop brehind some dusty old bed springs. It cost me the grand sum of $.69. A couple of my kids have already started to fight over who gets it. When I got it, it had about 20 covers on it. I now am using the last one. Everytime a hole shows up or a wear spot, I get some old material I have, and with the Stitch Witchery, I cover it and just continue ironing. I have even covered some of the patches. I have had that board and cover for almost 40 years and I hate to give that cover up. So I will continue to patch it and patch it. :angel:
Ooh, I don't mind patches on lots of stuff, but not on an ironing board cover. Don't the edges of the patch make little lines in the stuff you iron on top of them?

I loved ironing as a kid. I still enjoy it if I have some company.

My mum hated ironing. When I would do a load of laundry that needed ironing and do the ironing, she would pay me $1. That was four times as much as my weekly allowance!

I went ot Amazon to look at bathroom scales. There are 121 pages to look through. Are they crazy? Do they really think someone is willing to sit there and go through all those pages?

All I want is a simple scale. My present one is a digital. Step on it and if you already know your weight, it is pretty accurate. But if you don't like what you wiegh, move it an inch or two and you can lose up to 10 lbs.

They have scales that not only tell you what you weigh but whether you are hydrated, your BMI, what you should weigh, what your calorie intake should be, and a host of other stuff that I have no interest in. All I want to know is what do I weigh today. And I want it to be consistent each and every time I step on it. I looked at the first ten pages. There is only one company that consistently got five stars on all their products. And they are in my price range. I received $100 from my daughter for my birthday. So now I have to decide which scale to get. It will probably be the least expensive one with the least features. And it will have a large readout that I can see when I am standing up with a back light. :angel:

Waiting for my surprise visitors to call and tell me they are ready for breakfast. My Mom and Brother showed up last night. Baby Brother drives truck and happened to get a load slated for Missoula. Mom hitched a ride.

Ooh, I don't mind patches on lots of stuff, but not on an ironing board cover. Don't the edges of the patch make little lines in the stuff you iron on top of them?

I loved ironing as a kid. I still enjoy it if I have some company.

My mum hated ironing. When I would do a load of laundry that needed ironing and do the ironing, she would pay me $1. That was four times as much as my weekly allowance!

No. I use Stitch Witchery and make sure I get all the edges. It is just plain cotton material. Some patches have ballerinas on them. Other have palm trees and flamingo birds. Material I had left over from projects. I have had this ironing board cover for so many years, it will soon be an antique. I hate to get rid of it. It is like an old friend. Lesson from my mother. Nothing goes to waste. I swear, she will haunt me to my grave. :angel:

I'm looking over the mountain of laundry we brought home from vacation. Yuck.

Back
Top Bottom