What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scan the photos, leave them in an archival box, fiddle with the electronic versions. You can have a book made with the photos arranged how you want them from the scans.

If you want the actual photos in an album, you could attach them with photo corners. Then there is no glue touching the pics. Then you can still take the photos out of the album to look at whatever might be written on the back and easily put the photos back in the album.

I have a whole pile of very old photos and documents for our family tree. I scan them and then put them in plastic sleeves in binders. I have the good quality plastic ones and they keep everything neat, protected and sorted.

The unsorted and not scanned ones are in archival boxes waiting for their turns. I only use printed copies from my digital images to give copies, show or even hang on the wall.

Princess, what a treasure you have received! I am currently putting together family pictures for my two nephews (mainly for their ladies who have requested them). Funny thing about that - my sister, their Mom, is a photographer :LOL:

Just came in from digging my car out of another 9" of wet snow so the plow can clean out our parking spaces. Then had to go back out and clean up after the plow so I can have a full width parking space.

It's snowin' and blowin' here, too, Andy. Bitter cold. I don't think we're supposed to get what you guys did though.
I had to re-snap some siding on my house this morning from the winds we got yesterday. It appears March has come in like a pride of lions.

It's snowin' and blowin' here, too, Andy. Bitter cold. I don't think we're supposed to get what you guys did though.
I had to re-snap some siding on my house this morning from the winds we got yesterday. It appears March has come in like a pride of lions.

Just came in from digging my car out of another 9" of wet snow so the plow can clean out our parking spaces. Then had to go back out and clean up after the plow so I can have a full width parking space.

Aww, guys I feel for you I really do. We are having severe weather problems here too. I had to close my blinds because the sun was shining on my monitor and I couldn't see what I was typing. :angel:

It's snowin' and blowin' here, too, Andy. Bitter cold. I don't think we're supposed to get what you guys did though...

Fred, we don't have the bitter cold or winds you have. It's actually above freezing right now.

This is a lot more snow than we had last year. It was reported that Boston's snowfall level this year is about 26" over normal. Last year it was about 30" below normal. Our levels are similar.

Our contract with the landscaper/snow removal company includes their dealing with a set amount of snow in the annual contract amount. Any amount over that we get charged extra per inch. We're already about 25" over the limit. Fortunately, we budget for overage each year. Some years we have leftover, some years, we don't.

This is going to start sounding like a broken record. I'm working on tax returns. One client came by today to pick up returns.

This could go under several threads - pets, losing weight, last smile, etc. But I chose this one because it is about something I did! :)

I had to take Violet to the vet to get her nails trimmed. It wasn't essential but she loves the people there and I thought it was a good thing. But she was very nervous and even pulled away from one of her favourite people! She was more squirmy for them than usual and couldn't wait to get back to the car.

Okay here it is:

To make up for it I decided to take her to the offleash park. I have only gone there once without TB (Joie was with us) and Violet ended up running into me full force and knocked me down. It was kind of the end of my knee and I never thought I could do it again.

The hardest part was getting her from the car (on leash) and into the park. After that we did one round, each of us going our own speed. I think we got close to a half hour of good aerobic workout.

She is asleep beside me and I am feeling really great! I hope I can do this more! :clap:

Thanks, Pac. An outing and a 30 minute walk might not be much for most people but for me it is a real accomplishment! :)

I also just came back from a quick trip to the organic store to pick up some breakfast items for TB and me - Gluten free waffles, a GF pancake mix, goat yogurt, a chia/hemp mix to add to my yogurt with some flax seed (it has currants and cranberries in it too!), and a not-so-breakfasty treat - coconut gluten free "ice cream" sandwiches. They are expensive and tiny, but oh so tasty! ;)

So I think putting my feet up tonight and catching up on some TV has been earned. We had a huge feed of chicken wings for lunch so I will probably just have a small salad for dinner later.

Sounds really fun L. P. Good for you and Violet too. :)

I'm baking some cookies for the guys. May need to chew some gum so I don't want to try one when they come from the oven.

Last edited:
I need to start getting ready for my last appointment with my eye surgeon tomorrow. But first I have to go out to the kitchen and put away all the clean dishes. I have absolutely no energy tonight. Spike was here and we watch Treasure Detectives together. It turned out that the Andy Warhol painting was not real but the Strad violin was and was worth 12M. It is on CNBC on Tuesday night. A little drawn out but I stay with it to find out if the treasure is real or not.

I am nervous thinking about what my daughter will hear from her oncologist tomorrow. She gets the results from her last MRI. I also need to ask her if she talked to her daughter about the big meeting at Hooters. :angel:

Went to the store this morning and bought a jar of Krafts Miracle Whip. I have tried the store brands and to me they just don't taste as good. I buy a lot of store brand food but on this item I will stick to Krafts.

Went to the store this morning and bought a jar of Krafts Miracle Whip. I have tried the store brands and to me they just don't taste as good. I buy a lot of store brand food but on this item I will stick to Krafts.

I buy house brand veggies in the can for my cold veggie salad. But not peas. For them I only buy the LeSeur Petite Peas. I also only will buy brand names for cheeses. I would have to say 90% of my grocery order every month is house brand. That is probably why my cart is full to the top yet I still have a good amount of food stamps left for emergencies and items I forgot. Like my son says, "I not too proud." :angel:

I hear ya. DH brought home a store brand of mayo, I haven't even opened it. Gotta have my low fat Hellman's.

I usually wouldn't go with store brand cheese, but surprisingly, Our Family low fat shredded cheddar is quite decent, melts well, and has a nice flavor. It's frequently on sale too. Oh, and store brand Velveeta is nasty....

I'm doing the pre-cleaning lady pickup. Always something I look forward to, not.

Last edited:
I have made an effort to switch to store brands to save a buck here and there. Where we shop, the store brand products are almost always noticeably poorer quality. Their cheeses and frozen veggies are really awful and they are squeezing out the national brands and replacing them with store brands.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom