"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #4771
Everymom

Thanks Taxlady, I will!

(Notice me procrastinating here...still online when I have so much to do!)

Old 08-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #4772
Certified Pretend Chef

Thanks, Alix. Where are you guys going???

Old 08-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #4773
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Andy, I'm glad you have a potential "fix" for the shoulder issue, but it sucks that you have to have surgery. I had "micro tears" down one side of my spine that all connected up to make one BIG tear and cause me horrifying pain a long time ago. Its sure no fun, especially when you don't have anything in your life you can adjust to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Planning my day here. I'm off now for holidays and today is shopping/laundry/packing day. Costco run, regular grocery run, vacuum out van, pack dry goods in boxes, find the cooler to pack in the AM, write a "pet care" list for MIL who is staying with the pets, make sure there are clean sheets on the guest bed, and do laundry in between all those chores.

Oh, did I mention the hoards of people who will descend upon the house today? The girls are popular and will be saying good bye to all their buddies who will have to do without them for a week or so.
I remember days like that. Now it can take me as long as an hour to do just one chore. Have a fun time.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #4774
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Thanks, Alix. Where are you guys going???
Going up to Panorama, BC. Near Invermere. My sister has a couple of condos there and we find it a perfect summer break. Lots to do if you want to DO, and lovely pools and quiet if you don't.

Done the Costco run, laundry nearly done, dry goods are halfway packed. I still need to do a run to Safeway, but I might just do a bunch of that shopping when we get to Invermere tomorrow.

Taking a little break with a cuppa and a piece of Bugs chocolate crack. Sooooo gooooood!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #4775
Certified Pretend Chef

Enjoy your holiday and relax.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #4776
Everymom

I will! Thanks Andy.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #4777
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm watching the dishwasher repair guy. We were planning on leaving at 17h, to visit friends. I don't know if he will be done. It doesn't seem to be doing its trick for him. It's trick is piddling on the floor.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #4778
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm watching the dishwasher repair guy. We were planning on leaving at 17h, to visit friends. I don't know if he will be done. It doesn't seem to be doing its trick for him. It's trick is piddling on the floor.
He changed the gasket on the door. The old gasket did look squashed awfully thin in places. Well, it is an ~11 year old dishwasher and it was the original gasket.

I'm eating out tonight, so it will get tested tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #4779
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Just be glad it was the dishwasher piddling and not a Saint Bernard!Saints, fwiw, have very large bladders and piddle large puddles.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #4780
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Boy you sure know how to have fun. Are you sure this much excitement isn't too much for you?