What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am getting ready to go see my asthma doc. I usually hate this appointment because I am always doing worse than the last time. But the new medication he put me on is doing a great job and I am using my inhalers way less than ever, even now when it is the start of allergy season! I can't wait to show off! :)

I am getting ready to go see my asthma doc. I usually hate this appointment because I am always doing worse than the last time. But the new medication he put me on is doing a great job and I am using my inhalers way less than ever, even now when it is the start of allergy season! I can't wait to show off! :)

Maybe you can celebrate and do a happy dance for the doctor, and not have to use the inhaler! :rolleyes: great news that you have been doing so well! :)

That's great news LP :)

I went to Dr. Levine as a child for my asthma. The Homeopath that created Natura Products. Haven't used an inhaler for over 15 yrs now.
Doubt he's still alive today, he looked about 100 when I was 13 :LOL:
He was such a sweet man and I only used his powders and drops till I turned 17.
I just have my nebulizer now for when I get wheezy or battle to breath :)

That's great news LP :)

I went to Dr. Levine as a child for my asthma. The Homeopath that created Natura Products. Haven't used an inhaler for over 15 yrs now.
Doubt he's still alive today, he looked about 100 when I was 13 :LOL:
He was such a sweet man and I only used his powders and drops till I turned 17.
I just have my nebulizer now for when I get wheezy or battle to breath :)

When I was young ( a very long time ago) the only thing my mother could get to help with my asthma was a green powder, she would put some on a saucer and lite it with a match. There would be some smoke coming out of it and I would breathe this in. It did help.

This is really great news. Asthma used to make me crazy. My Dr. had me try med after med until we found what worked for me. Now I take a preventative inhaler each morning and very rarely need my emergency inhaler.

When I was young ( a very long time ago) the only thing my mother could get to help with my asthma was a green powder, she would put some on a saucer and lite it with a match. There would be some smoke coming out of it and I would breathe this in. It did help.

Dr. Levine all but cured my asthma. It's great to be able to breath again without feeling restricted. I'm all for alternative remedies.

Dealing with a Staples order I placed on Friday and accidentally gave them the wrong expiry date for the CC. Good grief, what a lot of fuss and bother for a typo. I'm also trying to order some XpressPost envelopes from the post office. It looks like I may have to phone for that, even though I have ordered them online before. :wacko:

In the early 1920's my father had an inhaler that worked for his asthma. In later years, while attending a high school assembly on drugs and drugs were exhibited, he realized his childhood inhaler had a marjiuana derivitive:ohmy:

Good morning everyone from sunny Victor Harbor

The sun is just coming up, it looks lovely looking out the window, the water looks so calm

Not a bad sleep, had the air con on all night and the temps have changed, it is going to be 35c here today :ohmy:

We are going to go for a little walk on the beach and then to have a cooked breakfast at the hotel restaurant, as they open at 7.30am :yum:

We are then going to be doing a bit of driving, will be good as we have nice air conditioning in the car...we are heading to Normanville then Second Valley and down to Cape Jarvis....we will stop at one of their bakeries and have another cake...naughty :LOL:

Time to go now

Laters :)

I just took a ribeye and some bacon out of the freezer for tonight's dinner. I wish I had taken the steak out earlier, but I'm watching "Knowing". I love that movie.
The TV is on in the kitchen now in case I need to pass through...

Trying to get up the energy to finish off my running around stuff so I can relax. The Voice starts again tonight and I would like to sit and watch.

chopper said:
Thanks for helping us all to go along with Kylie. So beautiful. I would love to visit there one day. :)

My pleasure. I'm so glad you enjoyed my fantasy as well.

I've always wanted to visit down under.

I've always admired Aussies and as an American I recommend this book that illustrates the origins of the independent and self sufficient spirit of our Aussie brethren.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/306090.The_Fatal_Shore

Kylie1969 said:
Good morning everyone from sunny Victor Harbor

The sun is just coming up, it looks lovely looking out the window, the water looks so calm

Not a bad sleep, had the air con on all night and the temps have changed, it is going to be 35c here today :ohmy:

We are going to go for a little walk on the beach and then to have a cooked breakfast at the hotel restaurant, as they open at 7.30am :yum:

We are then going to be doing a bit of driving, will be good as we have nice air conditioning in the car...we are heading to Normanville

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...s=1364254187902&q=normanville+south+australia

then Second Valley

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...1364254267187&q=second+valley+south+australia

and down to Cape Jarvis....

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=141338691&qsubts=1364254338706&q=Cape+Jarvis

we will stop at one of their bakeries and have another cake...naughty :LOL:

Time to go now

Laters :)

Thanks so much Kylie for the virtual tour.

Stay safe and enjoy!

I had to check out the places you mentioned and wanted to share.

What a wonderful holiday!

Oh Australia! One day I hope.
How very nice of you jharris to do the research & share all of those pictures!

Kylie, what a breathtaking beautiful trip you are having! I can only hope 1 day to be able to visit there. You are truely blessed!

This is really great news. Asthma used to make me crazy. My Dr. had me try med after med until we found what worked for me. Now I take a preventative inhaler each morning and very rarely need my emergency inhaler.

Thanks, Andy, and everyone. He was very pleased with my breathing test results and also how I am feeling. When I told him I have only used my emergency inhaler 2 times since I saw him in August HE was ready to do the happy dance. I am on Singular now and it really seems to be helping. He renewed my prescriptions for once year (I had originally been going to him every 3 months, then this last time was 7 months, now a year!) and put down one for prednisone just to have on file as an emergency.

With all my medical stuff I can't tell you how good it feels when I have a successful appointment! I really like this doctor - I have only had him for almost 2 years since my previous one retired, but all my improvements have been in that time. I have been having a bad pain day, but TB said he could tell it went well just watching me come down the hallway. He said I had a strut to my step - not that easy with a gimped knee, fractured back and a cane :angel: But I'll take it any day!

Last edited:
Thanks, Andy, and everyone. He was very pleased with my breathing test results and also how I am feeling. When I told him I have only used my emergency inhaler 2 times since I saw him in August HE was ready to do the happy dance. I am on Singular now and it really seems to be helping. He renewed my prescriptions for once year (I had originally been going to him every 3 months, then this last time was 7 months, now a year!) and put down one for prednisone just to have on file as an emergency.

With all my medical stuff I can't tell you how good it feels when I have a successful appointment! I really like this doctor - I have only had him for almost 2 years since my previous one retired, but all my improvements have been in that time. I have been having a bad pain day, but TB said he could tell it went well just watching me come down the hallway. He said I had a strut to my step - not that easy with a gimped knee, fractured back and a cane :angel: But I'll take it any day!

Good to hear you're feeling so much better, and got a good report, LP!

My pleasure. I'm so glad you enjoyed my fantasy as well.

I've always wanted to visit down under.

I've always admired Aussies and as an American I recommend this book that illustrates the origins of the independent and self sufficient spirit of our Aussie brethren.

The Fatal Shore: The Epic of Australia's Founding by Robert Hughes - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

One of the things that has always amused me is that the Aussies consider those whose ancestors were part of the original prisoners to be the "bluebloods" just as we Americans consider those who ancestors came over on the Mayflower are our "bluebloods." I can just hear an arguement.

"Well my ancestor sat in prison for murdering a shopkeep because he wouldn't give him a loaf of bread to feed his family."

"Oh yeah? Well my ancestor was standing on the gallows with the rope around his neck for trying to kill the Prince of Wales."

The more dastardly the crime, the higher they stand.

Considering how Austrailia was settled, you have to admit, there has to be some very colorful stories and characters there. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom