"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #481
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Maybe you need to suspend the tree from the ceiling Poor Charlie, can't even climb a tree.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #482
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

DH, my beautician, just whacked off 4 inches of my hair. It was down to my backside. Nice way to save $.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #483
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

When I start thinking about scissors and cutting my hair, I know it's time to make an appointment...I've ruined more hair...
Old 12-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #484
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I have a couple feet of it. Seems to work out fine. And my neighbor is a beautician if DH really screws up (which he has not yet). See Pork Loin.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #485
Chef Extraordinaire

I just got a bunch of boxes from Amazon delivered...splitters, and selector switches and HDMI cable. Today I'll be fiddling around getting my kitchen TV hooked up correctly. Right now it just has coax ran to it, which means I don't get a true HD picture. It's good, but not as good as it could be. This also means that instead of just being able to watch what comes through the satellite receiver, I'll be able to watch DVDs and streaming movies in the kitchen, too. Whoo-Hoo.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #486
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I just got a bunch of boxes from Amazon delivered...splitters, and selector switches and HDMI cable. Today I'll be fiddling around getting my kitchen TV hooked up correctly. Right now it just has coax ran to it, which means I don't get a true HD picture. It's good, but not as good as it could be. This also means that instead of just being able to watch what comes through the satellite receiver, I'll be able to watch DVDs and streaming movies in the kitchen, too. Whoo-Hoo.
Way to go! You can even set up a wireless keyboard and talk to us on DC while you cook!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #487
Certified Pretend Chef

I just watched a customized online video of Santa Claus talking directly to my grandson, calling him by name. The video had pictures of him and his most coveted gift from his wish list. Santa and his elves talked directly to Steven and checked him out on the naughty or nice machine. He was nice.

My daughter found this site and made up the video for him. She said he was super excited when he saw it.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #488
Senior Cook

I just made a tomato sauce to freeze and use throughout the week. Now I'm watching Apollo 13 before making dinner.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #489
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I just watched a customized online video of Santa Claus talking directly to my grandson, calling him by name.
That's awesome, Andy! I can just imagine how thrilled he was. We got my neighbour's Granddaughter a talking storybook last year and I was able to record my voice telling the story. It is still one of her favourite things. But a video is truly special.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #490
Certified Cake Maniac

I just came back from taking my Dad to get his quarterly blood tests and he always takes me for A&W breakfast after because he has to fast, and then eat soon after because of his diabetes. The Dub that is closest to us is full of inconsistencies and today was no exception. The sausage was super spicy (Dad said so were his eggs), the hash browns took forever and when they came they were greasy and over fried. But it was food and we'll survive.

This afternoon I have to take him to Langley (3/4 hour from here and where DH grew up) for a follow-up appointment for a falls prevention clinic. It is kind of ridiculous because he doesn't fall....because he/we take precautions so he doesn't. But it is free and an outing for him!

In between I am doing some more baking - didn't get any done yesterday.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote

« Petty Vents | - »