I am sitting here waiting for a phone call from my son-in-law.
Last Saturday they were all packed to go to NH. They have a childhood friend that tore down the chalet he owned and built a beautiful new summer cottage. My daughter and her husband were to go up to NH to see it and spend the weekend. The car was all packed and just as she was about to get in the car, she got a blinding, searing pain in her head. She collasped to the ground. No trip. Once the pain subsided, she was fine and there was no reoccurrence. Her kids nagged her and nagged her to call her doctor. They wouldn't let up. She wasn't going to do anything about it. She went for a cat scan this morning. She was home from the cat scan for about an hour and the phone rang.
It was her doctor. She wanted her to pack a bag and be prepared to spend at least a week in the hospital. They would be waiting for her as soon as she arrived including the MRI staff. They found a large mass at the front of her brain. She is only 56 years old. She has two children. One in his 30's and her youngest who is 20. She is supposed to start nursing school next week.
She went through Stage 4 of advanced cancer with her husband. It was touch and go as to whether he would make it or not. They have been looking forward to her retirement in less than five years. With this, she may have to take early retirement.
So I sit here and wait. I guess I have to stick around a bit longer. Even it is just to make sure she is all right. I just can't lose another child. It is too hard.