"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #4971
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Laurie, did they figure out anything to help? (((gentle hugs)))

Addie, I hope you get some good news soon. (((hugs)))
Thank you. I am still up and waiting. As if anyone is going to call me at 3 a.m.

Laurie, take care and listen to the doctor. Thinking of you.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #4972
Chef Extraordinaire

Addie--you need to get some rest. I''ll take over pacing the floor for you now. Go lie down and try and get some rest, think positive thoughts. Wish I could be there with you. Channeling all the positive thoughts and love I can your way. {{{HUGS}}}

Old 08-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #4973
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Addie--you need to get some rest. I''ll take over pacing the floor for you now. Go lie down and try and get some rest, think positive thoughts. Wish I could be there with you. Channeling all the positive thoughts and love I can your way. {{{HUGS}}}
Thank you. I did get some sleep. I fell asleep about five this morning. Then my youngest called me to make sure I am all right. He is going to make some calls to some of his friends at Brigham's Hospital. They are connected with Mass General Hosp. It has been a number of years since he has had any patients at MGH.

What really sucks is that this is the weekend. And as anyone in the medical field, there is minimal staff on weekends. Just knowing that I have a place to turn to, has been a very comforting thought. Thank you all for being there for me. Now if I could just stop crying.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #4974
Chef Extraordinaire

Oh--wish I could send you my shoulder to cry on. {{{HUGS}}}
Old 08-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #4975
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

Thank you. I did get some sleep. I fell asleep about five this morning. Then my youngest called me to make sure I am all right. He is going to make some calls to some of his friends at Brigham's Hospital. They are connected with Mass General Hosp. It has been a number of years since he has had any patients at MGH.

What really sucks is that this is the weekend. And as anyone in the medical field, there is minimal staff on weekends. Just knowing that I have a place to turn to, has been a very comforting thought. Thank you all for being there for me. Now if I could just stop crying.
Still no news? We are all hoping and praying for you that it is benign. Hang in there Addie!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #4976
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
Still no news? We are all hoping and praying for you that it is benign. Hang in there Addie!
I just talked to her. She has a tumor the size of an egg at the front of her brain. She is scared. They are going to operate. Here team is meeting today and will let her know when. I am much better than I was yesterday. Thank you for caring. It does help to know that there are friends in this world.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #4977
Executive Chef

Oh Addie I'm so sorry. I am sure it felt good to actually talk to her. Once a plan is in place to do what needs to be done it is a little easier to sleep at night. I am praying for the doctors to have the wisdom to know and do what needs to be done. Also praying for all of you. Hang in there!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #4978
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
i just talked to her. She has a tumor the size of an egg at the front of her brain. She is scared. They are going to operate. Here team is meeting today and will let her know when. I am much better than i was yesterday. Thank you for caring. It does help to know that there are friends in this world.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Old 08-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #4979
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
So I sit here and wait. I guess I have to stick around a bit longer. Even it is just to make sure she is all right. I just can't lose another child. It is too hard.
I'm so sorry. I hope all goes well for her.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #4980
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm getting ready to go to the farmer's market and hopefully find some Kirby cucumbers. The pickles I made from regular cucumbers turned out soft. Have to figure out where I went wrong and fix it. I promised DH to make dill pickle soup this winter