"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #5031
Chef Extraordinaire

No riots obviously, sitting down on the job over here

I have not heard that today...is that happening here in Adelaide...that is so funny

Do you know the name of the beach Addie?

Old 08-21-2012, 05:48 AM   #5032
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Oh yes, thanks for the reminder. Poor baby. Give here hugs from me and a special treat.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 AM   #5033
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
No riots obviously, sitting down on the job over here

I have not heard that today...is that happening here in Adelaide...that is so funny

Do you know the name of the beach Addie?
Yup, in Adelaide. It was just a short story on our local news station. All the men had their bowler hats on and their very best black suits. They were sitting on the toilets that they brought with them, with their pants pulled down around their ankles and reading the newspaper. Our newscasters were laughing so hard they had difficulty telling the story. There were about 20 men. No mention of the beach name.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #5034
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
All of us are here Addie, lots of positive thoughts and Prayers are going forth.

We have to be careful that all the beaming of thoughts and prayers doesn't start a fire in Boston...
Last night as Son #1 was walking here to my house, he went by my daughter's house. A childhood friend of her son's was standing outside. He said that my grandson told him that my daughter was definitely going into surgery this morning.

I have been through some really tough times in my life. But this waiting and waiting is so hard. I will call around seven this morning to find out if it is true. I want her to have the surgery before I go in for my surgery tomorrow. I need to have my blood pressure down.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #5035
Chef Extraordinaire

6:22. My daughter just called. We had a short and quick conversation. They just came to take her to surgery. She should be done and out by 2 p.m. The surgery will start around 8 a.m. I can feel my BP going up. I need to get myself calmed down. I am shaking.

I have never been one to skirt around words. Cancer is cancer. Died is died. But these past few days, no one has used any of the words they don't want to hear. As a result the doctors realize that the questions not asked show that they don't want to consider the worst scenario. I could use a good strong tranquilizer right now. This is so hard. To hell with trying to be strong for others. Just knowing that all of my DC Family is praying for her gives me a feeling of help. Thank you all for yor caring support. I feel so helpless right now. I want to scream at the doctors to hurry up and give me some answers. I want to be there in the OR so I can hold her hand and tell her it will be all right. I want to hold my little girl.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #5036
Executive Chef

Addie,

So sorry to hear about your daughter. I wish your daughter all the best.

Kind regards.
Margi.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #5037
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Addie,

So sorry to hear about your daughter. I wish your daughter all the best.

Kind regards.
Margi.
Thank you Margi. I just hope they can get all of the tumor out of her brain and that it is benign. Just waiting for two p.m. I should have some answers by then.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #5038
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm still here and still sending out positive thoughts and prayers. {{{{{{Addie}}}}}}
Old 08-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #5039
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm still here and still sending out positive thoughts and prayers. {{{{{{Addie}}}}}}
Thank you PF. I am waiting for a return call from Winthrop. I need a tranquilizer. I can't go to my surgery in this state tomorrow. I just need one. If I can get calmed down, I can get myself under control. I am so worried that they won't be able to get all of the tumor out and it may be cancerous. I was doing so well all weekend holding it all together for everyone else. But when I got that phone call this morning, I just fell apart. It came as quite a surprise to me. I never break down like that. I am always the strong one. But not this time. This is my first born. The one I fought so hard to keep.

I watched my son's BIL die last year of brain cancer.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #5040
Certified Pretend Chef

Hang in there Addie. Sending some positive thoughts for you and your family.

« Petty Vents | - »