"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-21-2012, 07:01 PM   #5051
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady
+1
(((hugs)))
+2
{{{hugs}}}

Old 08-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #5052
Executive Chef

Oh Addie, sounds like a tough day today. I am sorry that you have to go through this. Good that you had the pill and some sleep. Strange that you mentioned Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. My son had that same cancer when he was eight years old. He had chemo-therapy for a year. He will be 26 next month. Good that you are able to go see your daughter on Thursday. Take care of you, and know I care. Still praying for you and yours.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #5053
Certified Cake Maniac

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Addie}}}}}}}}}}}}} (BTW, as a pastry chef, I give you a baker's dozen hugs, each one with more love than the one before!)

Your daughter is in good hands and now all you can do is wait to see if they got it all. I am so sorry that it was malignant but thankful they were able to get to it.

Now is your surgery and you need, for the moment, to focus on that. We are all here for you.

As for your sleepiness, consider it a blessing because you will be more relaxed and rested for your day.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #5054
Sous Chef

Addie, so glad things are looking up!! They do amazing things with cancer these days, so hopefully they got enough of it that the rest of the treatment will go smoothly. Best wishes!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #5055
Chef Extraordinaire

Not only do I suffer from Obsessive Chicken Disorder, I also have OCD when it comes to cleaning. For those who don't know how this can stop you from doing things, it does. I could not have people come to my house unless I had cleaned the baseboards with a toothbrush. Thankfully, I was able to find a therapist who taught me that deep-cleaning is not necessary. I still have an OCD problem with the kitchen, but the rest of the house is not "operating suite" sterile.

However, I am steaming the walls, floors, and ceiling at the farm tonight. Why? The MIL wants to move back to Ontario and I think we need to paint. Also, we heat the farmhouse with wood, so there is soot on the walls. The DH tells me to back off re: my OCD--he would just paint over the dirt...I can't. There is soot on the walls and ceiling!
Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #5056
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Not only do I suffer from Obsessive Chicken Disorder, I also have OCD when it comes to cleaning. For those who don't know how this can stop you from doing things, it does. I could not have people come to my house unless I had cleaned the baseboards with a toothbrush. Thankfully, I was able to find a therapist who taught me that deep-cleaning is not necessary. I still have an OCD problem with the kitchen, but the rest of the house is not "operating suite" sterile.

However, I am steaming the walls, floors, and ceiling at the farm tonight. Why? The MIL wants to move back to Ontario and I think we need to paint. Also, we heat the farmhouse with wood, so there is soot on the walls. The DH tells me to back off re: my OCD--he would just paint over the dirt...I can't. There is soot on the walls and ceiling!
You saw my place, so you know I'm not OCD about cleaning. But, I would wash the walls before painting. The paint sticks better and lasts longer.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #5057
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
There is soot on the walls and ceiling!
Kilz primer paint will take care of that. No need to wash the walls. Let that be the problem for DH.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #5058
Chef Extraordinaire

But I'm already done! The DH fixates on the floors--I start from the top down....
Old 08-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #5059
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Not only do I suffer from Obsessive Chicken Disorder, I also have OCD when it comes to cleaning. For those who don't know how this can stop you from doing things, it does.
Clutter makes me agitated. My place has been in a total state of chaos for as long as I can remember for one reason after another. If my surroundings are neat and tidy I can keep it that way, but once one eensy teensy little thing is out of place I get overwhelmed and clutter just happens (well, that's how it feels anyway).

We are trying to get the place in shape since Dad's passing, moving rooms around and decluttering. But my pain doesn't allow me to do much and DH's idea of cleaning up is moving from this pile to that pile.

I need the cleaning fairy to come and waive her magic wand to get rid of everything that doesn't need to be here and organize everything that does...while I am sleeping or out. That way, when I see it all perfect I will hopefully be calm and my OCD will work positively to keep it looking great.

So, CW, if we lived closer I would be helping you with those ceilings and walls and hoping you would help go through a pile or two at my place

Oh, rats, just read that you are all done.

Actually I read it before I wrote this but then I couldn't tell my story

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #5060
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
My theory is that paint or primer sticks to dirt perfectly well. The problem is: how well does that dirt stick to the wall?