What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix, do you think some duct tape around the box placed sticky side up would work in place of the carpet?
:angel:

I just received the completed set of my house plans and groundbreaking for the house is about one month away. I am currently working with a landscape architect who is responsible for the gutters and rain water catchment system. I haven't received the estimates for the house and landscaping yet so I have no idea if I can build everything I want. Things are greening up here, then hidden with snow. My current assignment is to work on what I want for landscaping and gardens on my lot. Kinda hard to do with no visible house in place.

You must be excited about all the possibilities.

the possibilities are in the thousands! that is why I am hiring so many experts to help me with the decisions...tile grout color?? To make the housing estimate somewhat accurate, I had to make all the minute decisions for the builder. But overall it is exciting to be creating a whole new housing environment.

I will see if I can attach a photo of my lot with the view of the mountain. The photo will not show the existing houses in the development, they were behind me when I took the photo

Attachments

• apartment 004.jpg
    apartment 004.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
the possibilities are in the thousands! that is why I am hiring so many experts to help me with the decisions...tile grout color?? To make the housing estimate somewhat accurate, I had to make all the minute decisions for the builder. But overall it is exciting to be creating a whole new housing environment.

i am positively GREEN with envy to have the opportunity you have, beth, to design your own living space and surroundings, how exciting for you! i could easily get into selecting my own personal grout color.:)

i am positively GREEN with envy to have the opportunity you have, beth, to design your own living space and surroundings, how exciting for you! i could easily get into selecting my own personal grout color.:)

Not me! All those possibilities would make me crazy. Have fun with it, though, Beth. And grout? Go dark. It will get dirty anyway.

This morning Steve cooked us up a delicious fry up, very nice indeed!

We have had Roomba going in the bedroom, the lounge room and the kitchen and Steve is going to mop some floors for me soon (since I still feel ill) so nice of him to do :)

Other than that, drinking coffee and relaxing

Have the heart Expo in the morning, going to go to bed early since it starts @ 7. I like to go see what's new in heart medicine.

Tonight I made a Banana Cake....it is an adaption of Stephanie Alexanders recipe (an Aussie chef)

We are waiting for it to cool and are going to make a caramel sauce to pour over a slice each :yum:

I have a date next week to meet up with relatives in northern Florida, an all-day drive for me. Have been working my fanny off making to-do and to-take lists and cleaning. A vet tech will be coming to the house to let Baby the dog out for doing her business -- the two indoor cats have their litter box of course, but still want to get fed, the little pigs. My consolation for all the cleaning is that the house will still be clean (I hope) when I get back. I'm half eager to go and half dreading the driving. Just hope the weather's clear so I won't have to drive in sheets of rain.

Evaporating 3 gallons of sap on the wood stove and procrastinating getting to work (fortunately, the commute is 15 feet from the kitchen). I do have a conf call at 11, so I better get going on work and stop fiddling around on the computer and in the kitchen.

a family reunion, tin? should be fun for you, once you are done with all that housecleaning and driving.:) this is the first vacay i've heard of you taking, tin, and you sure deserve to cut loose and enjoy some time away. is this a yearly get-together with your family?
i hope you have a safe and pleasant trip north, in fair weather, and spend a lovely time reconnecting with your relatives.:)

Back
Top Bottom