"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #5111
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
It sounds like you had a great shopping trip before the hail started, TL!

I received my red hibiscus dried flowers recently, and have really been enjoying it.
No hail for me. But, the three minute downpour did start as I was heading to my car from Adonis Supermarket.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #5112
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
I wish I could still get my parents to do that :) I start school on Monday and I still feel lost!! What kind of school supplies did she say she needs? Do people still use pencils and notebooks? LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
St. Cloud tech. I'm taking intro to communication studies, intermediate algebra, general biology, medical terminology, and infection control. All I really have are a couple notebooks, pens and pencils, graphing calculator, and my laptop. Can't really think of much more I would need... If you think of anything else I should have I would appreciate the input :) I'm a little nervous and would like to be prepared.
The laptop is all she is using for notes. She will also have a couple of coil notebooks, a few flash drives, pens, pencils and her calculator. The calculator cost about half of what the laptop cost!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #5113
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix

The laptop is all she is using for notes. She will also have a couple of coil notebooks, a few flash drives, pens, pencils and her calculator. The calculator cost about half of what the laptop cost!
My trusty ti-83+ from high school got used to death on the math team so I had to buy another one of those. Got it for $30 on Craigslist lol. So my laptop cost about 20X what the calculator did ha ha ha.... Sounds like I'm pretty well set :) thanks!

I'll probably take notes the old fashioned way... Writing things down helps me memorize. I usually don't have to look back at notes.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #5114
Everymom

Get some flash drives or an external hard drive to back up important stuff. Its cheap and a total lifesaver if you get a virus.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #5115
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Get some flash drives or an external hard drive to back up important stuff. Its cheap and a total lifesaver if you get a virus.
Very true. I have flash drives, pretty sure they are in my laptop bag in storage. Need to find that anyway...
Old 08-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #5116
Chef Extraordinaire

Good morning everyone

Well, it is Saturday morning here and we have a nice relaxing day ahead

We are going to make some Buttermilk Hotcakes for morning tea and some pizza for lunch...so a nice day baking
Old 08-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #5117
Certified Cake Maniac

Have fun baking Kylie!!!

Well, we didn't make the doctor's appointment this morning because I was nauseated after breakfast and in pain. It's okay, I really didn't want to go anyway. Then we went to the IV therapy centre and when they found out I am getting so nauseated with it they didn't give me this treatment and I don't have to go back. Instead they are trying an oral antibiotic again. I had a rest and now we are going out to get DH's birthday presents and some dinner - I am not so nauseated now. Turned into a good day!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #5118
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier
Have fun baking Kylie!!!

Well, we didn't make the doctor's appointment this morning because I was nauseated after breakfast and in pain. It's okay, I really didn't want to go anyway. Then we went to the IV therapy centre and when they found out I am getting so nauseated with it they didn't give me this treatment and I don't have to go back. Instead they are trying an oral antibiotic again. I had a rest and now we are going out to get DH's birthday presents and some dinner - I am not so nauseated now. Turned into a good day!
You have a great attitude, LP! When a good day means being "not so nauseated now", wow. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Happy birthday, DH of LP!

I just ordered a couple of waterproof cases for our iPhones for snorkeling from Amazon, free shipping. They're good to 20 feet underwater.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #5119
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
You have a great attitude, LP! When a good day means being "not so nauseated now", wow. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Happy birthday, DH of LP!...
+1 I couldn't have said it better.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #5120
Chef Extraordinaire

We're having Margaritas while we wait for supper to be finished cooking. We're have Harry's Spicy meat ball rendang.

« Petty Vents | - »