"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #5121
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
St. Cloud tech. I'm taking intro to communication studies, intermediate algebra, general biology, medical terminology, and infection control. All I really have are a couple notebooks, pens and pencils, graphing calculator, and my laptop. Can't really think of much more I would need... If you think of anything else I should have I would appreciate the input :) I'm a little nervous and would like to be prepared.
Oh, Skittle! You need a coffee card! And chocolate! And a couple of different colored highliters.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #5122
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittle68 View Post
St. Cloud tech. I'm taking intro to communication studies, intermediate algebra, general biology, medical terminology, and infection control. All I really have are a couple notebooks, pens and pencils, graphing calculator, and my laptop. Can't really think of much more I would need... If you think of anything else I should have I would appreciate the input :) I'm a little nervous and would like to be prepared.

...and index cards...especially for Medical Terminology...they make perfect study materials, flash cards.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #5123
Chef Extraordinaire

My granddaughter went to Orientation for nursing school today. She was so nervous. She wanted her mother to go with her, but of course that was impossible.

I am sitting here waiting for my son to bring me my bananas. My potasium was low today. I went to Winthrop this morning to have the dressing removed from the incision. While I was there, they took some blood and checked me out. A procedure I have to have every time I go in for a catherization. The dye can do a number on your kidneys. I came home exhausted. I have also been having some serious angina pain in my chest and arms. With all that has been happening this week, I am not surprised. I knew what the problem was. But I was so tired, all I could do was keep my nitro spray bottle in my hand. I tried to sleep, but the phone just kept ringing, and ringing. I finally got up because of the pain in my chest, used the nitro and took my meds that I should have taken in the morning. If I don't take my meds when I am supposed to, I can feel it. After about a half hour I began to feel better. I am now back to my old self.

My daughter came home from the hospital today. I will go to her house tomorrow to see how she is doing. The physical therapist checked her out to make sure she could walk, feed herself, etc. before they would sign her off to go home. We still have to wait a week before her report comes back from pathology. In the meantime I have a smile on my face and ready to do whatever is necessary to get her well.

I can't thank all of you enough for your support. You have no idea how much I look for it. When I went to Winthrop this morning, everybody just came up and gave me such big hugs. Even my doctor. That personal person to person touch can have such a great effect. I had no idea. I am the tough one. I can handle anything. Well, not this time. I didn't realize just how much I needed everyones support. Thank you so much. We still hve a long road to go. But with all the support from all my friends I am going to be okay.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #5124
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My daughter came home from the hospital today. I will go to her house tomorrow to see how she is doing. The physical therapist checked her out to make sure she could walk, feed herself, etc. before they would sign her off to go home. We still have to wait a week before her report comes back from pathology. In the meantime I have a smile on my face and ready to do whatever is necessary to get her well.
I'm very happy to read this. Thank you for keeping us updated. I'm reading up on what you told me this morning. More Hugs, prayers and good thoughts to you and yours. Love ya!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #5125
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

I'm very happy to read this. Thank you for keeping us updated. I'm reading up on what you told me this morning. More Hugs, prayers and good thoughts to you and yours. Love ya!
+1

Take care, sweetie!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #5126
Certified Pretend Chef

Great news, Addie. Don't forget to take care of yourself.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #5127
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you to all of you. When I take my meds on time, I do just fine. I just have to remember to take them like I am supposed to. I have this bad habit of putting other things and people first before myself. I need to learn a new behavior pattern.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #5128
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
Thank you to all of you. When I take my meds on time, I do just fine. I just have to remember to take them like I am supposed to. I have this bad habit of putting other things and people first before myself. I need to learn a new behavior pattern.
Definitely take care of yourself. It's not just for your benefit. The healthier you are the stronger you will be and the stronger you are the more you can be there for people. That's how you trick the caregiver mind into letting you take care of yourself. You make it realize that if you don't, others have to take care of you.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #5129
Chef Extraordinaire

We have been making Buttermilk Hotcakes...we had them for lunch, naughty lunch I know

We also did some gardening and I have been playing the Criminal MInds Hidden Object Game that I recently bought...it is great
Old 08-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #5130
Chef Extraordinaire

50 lb tomatoes, 10 lb beans, 2 doz ears of corn--and a little story about the ladies just for Addie. Glad to hear your daughter is home and thinking about you every hour. {{{Hugs}}} If I weren't afraid of dozing off while processing the veggies, I would have a spirit candle burning. It's burning in my heart.