What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have just got up and it is pouring with rain...so love the sound of the rain :)

Going to get on with some of our game today and also a bit of reading, all nice and cosy with this rain...love it!

It feels good to get back to all of my DC family of friends. I got out of the hospital on thursday the 18th at 9 pm. Surgery all went well. Surgery lasted 4 1/2 hours. I was in the recovery room for 4 hours. The whole day was just a blur to me. What the doctors thought was a mass shaped like a ball, was in reality, a mass intertwined, wrapped around my left kidney several times, they described it like a cinnamon roll. Once it was unwrapped it was 8" in diameter. My left kidney had to be removed. We found out wednesday that it was benign. Praise God!!!! It's the first time in my life that I have been so happy that I was crying.

I have an 18" incision right down the front of my abdomen full of staples that I get out this thursday.There has been more pain in my left side & back more than in the incision. The doc. explained they left side had to be pulled back 5 ", my colon temporarily taken out & a few other internal organs moved around to be able to get at this thing. So, the side pain is my muscles just growing back together. The muscle spasms are the worst. I am taking hydrocordone & valum as well as tylenol. Have been using the heating pad alot too. I was only prescribed enough prescription med.'s to get through the weekend. I will definitely be calling for more first thing monday morning.

I am still on a soft diet, I pushed that a bit on saturday as I have been craving foods with seasoning & something I could chew or crunch. Found out real quick the pain associated with that was not worth it at all. One of the things that really bums me out is that I ate nothing for 7 days, just those IV bags I was hooked up to & I gained 20#! How frustrating!! Hope that comes off quickly.

Missing the pool terribly, all in good time. Now here I have to sit....healing. I have never made a real good patient. I do not think much about sitting around & sleeping so much. I mentally feel like I'm ready to get life back to normal, physically a little slower than I want to be.

Thank you again to all of my family of friends here at DC for all of your prayers, good wishes & support. It means more than any of you will ever know.

Wow, what an ordeal SB...so good to see you back and pleased that the surgery was successful :)

Hope you heal soon :)

So happy you are back with us Simonbaker! So many of your DC family have been wondering how your surgery went and how you were doing.
I can't express how happy I am to hear that the mass is benign. :) take care of yourself and keep us posted on how your recovery progresses. You will be back in the pool in no time!

Now here I have to sit....healing. I have never made a real good patient. I do not think much about sitting around & sleeping so much. I mentally feel like I'm ready to get life back to normal, physically a little slower than I want to be.

SB,

Glad to hear that you are home and on the mend!

I hope you can spend some of your idle hours here with us on DC!

B :flowers:

:angel:Benign! That is a word I keep in my mind and heart constantly. It sounds like hitting the biggest lottery ever.

I am so glad you are back. I kept worrying about you constantly. There is a wall that all surgical patients hit around three in the afternoon. They become exhausted even if they were doing nothing all day. Nap time! Give in to it. Listen to your body. It will tell you what you can and cannot do. Each day you will feel better. Once the staples come out, you will start to really heal in a hurry.

Do not allow yourself to start to feel down. It is a hard place to come out of. And don't push yourself. It takes time to heal. Your body has been invaded and it doesn't like it. The pain is your body's way of telling you, "No, you can't do that. I need to heal and you are doing something that will impede me. So Stop!"

We are all so happy that it went so well. Sounds like those doctors knew what they were doing. Those pounds will come off really quick once you start to heal fast. When you have the energy to start walking and doing small things, the weight will fall off.

Don't try to diet at this time. Your body needs the nourishment of food and all the good nutrients it has. Once your body has healed then you can start thinking about your diet again.

Remember, everyone here as well as your family is ecstatic that all went well and you can use the word "BENIGN!" The most beautiful word in the English language. :angel:

For you :angel::angel: For your daughter :angel: For your husband :angel:. And one for the doctors. :angel:

Have been out and grabbed our Indian takeaway, gee it was delicious!

Now home with the heating on and about to go and watch some Grand Designs Australia :)

It's still freezing cold and wet here. Just made some popcorn for us with salt and vinegar spice for hubby and me and sour cream and chives spice for the kids :)

Hey all
im quite new to cooking.
just looking to hook up and get info going on what it means to cook and how cooking can help me built me life.

Justinus

Welcome home SB .. as you can tell we are all extremely happy to see you and hear of your great news !!!

Take your time .. don't sweat the small stuff and follow Dr orders.

Again .. welcome home .. we missed you and we worried about you !!

That's all great news SB. I'm happy you're on the road to recovery. Listen to the Docs. They may not explain why they tell you something but it's probably important to do it.

That's all great news SB. I'm happy you're on the road to recovery. Listen to the Docs. They may not explain why they tell you something but it's probably important to do it.

+1

I've had four abdominal surgeries and they are very difficult to recover from. I understand the feeling of wanting to jump back into things, but that will only set you back in your recovery. Your body is busy healing those cuts and doesn't have a lot of extra energy for moving around. Take it slow.

Take this opportunity to do things you haven't had time to do before. Read a few books you've always wanted to read. Watch a few old movies. Do some sort of online class - there's lots out there for free. When you're tired, sleep. Remember that it's all about the healing. Take care.

I woke up this morning in the mood to cook/make something different for supper tonight, but I have no idea what, so most of this morning I've been trying to come up with something. I'm not opposed to a store run if anyone has any ideas.

And it's cold here, too, but at least it's sunny and calm! We had quite a frost last night, but I don't think too many things had budded.

Back
Top Bottom