"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #5161
Certified Cake Maniac

I am at the moment patting myself on the back.

We did some more work on the rooms today and we got the chest of drawers out of the closet and into DH's room. It mostly has office stuff and his cables, disks, computer parts so is more his.

Anyway, I went to Walmart yesterday and got one of those organizers you hang from the clothes rod in the closet and put shoes and other things in. I paid $9.00 for it and I hung it up and put all my fabric in it. I can lay them flat with the fold out and so I can see each one and they are protected and out of the way. I am going to get another one for my wool next. This is saving me so much space!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #5162
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Bunny It is Applewood Country Gifts and Tearoom in the heart of Delta/Surrey, probably easy for you to get to from the border. I hope you can bring your friend there sometime. You will love it. You can pop in or reserve a time for a real "afternoon tea" with sandwiches and goodies. We just had tea and scones!

Maybe some other time you can come and meet ME there.
What a lovely place. I want to be a Canadian. We used to have a tea room similar to that one eons ago. It was right in the heart of downtown Boston.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #5163
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am at the moment patting myself on the back.

We did some more work on the rooms today and we got the chest of drawers out of the closet and into DH's room. It mostly has office stuff and his cables, disks, computer parts so is more his.

Anyway, I went to Walmart yesterday and got one of those organizers you hang from the clothes rod in the closet and put shoes and other things in. I paid $9.00 for it and I hung it up and put all my fabric in it. I can lay them flat with the fold out and so I can see each one and they are protected and out of the way. I am going to get another one for my wool next. This is saving me so much space!
Cool idea! I got one for my t-shirts and sweaters. Works great and I can hang more uniforms...
Old 08-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #5164
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Cool idea! I got one for my t-shirts and sweaters. Works great and I can hang more uniforms...
I have no closet space in our room so I need to use what I do have for hanging clothes. But I have lots of drawer space. But the closet in my "studio" has a good sized closet and I want to really utilize all the space. I will hang sewing projects, mending etc. and probably any clothes that are out of season.

DH is making me a shelf to go on the bottom of the closet that will fit those baskets that are becoming so popular and I will fill them with notions, craft materials, etc. And he will build another shelf up top for long term storage. We will get a storage unit that has wide but shallow shelves in it from IKEA for my cake supplies. It will fit nicely under one of the tables, but rolls out when you need it.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #5165
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
What a lovely place. I want to be a Canadian. We used to have a tea room similar to that one eons ago. It was right in the heart of downtown Boston.
Addie, come and visit me and I will take you for tea....but not here. We will go across on the ferry to Victoria (our provincial capitol) on Vancouver Island. At the Empress Hotel there, they have high tea at 4pm every day, just like in England. It is an awesome experience.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #5166
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
It is the company name by the looks of it Taxy

Here is the website

Click Here
Yup, that's the company name. How weird and wonderful that you bought a cast iron pot made in New Jersey, from an Australian company, with the same name as the capital of New Jersey.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #5167
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm trying to calm myself (and my dogs) right now. We had a little scare as one of the roof tops of one of the buildings behind us caught on fire and it was a wicked blaze. These units were built in the 80's and are all wood. It took awhile for them to get to the blaze as it was a back suite (actually engulfed two upper suites). Five fire trucks came but they got it out fairly quickly. It was a building right near the creek which runs through the complex so could have caught many of the trees on fire and then other buildings. Our Fire station is right around the corner from us and they are amazing.

We weren't in any danger but our friends on the other side of the creek could have been.

They say everyone got out but they ended up evacuating 4 upper suites and two bottom ones. They will be out for awhile as there will be water damage in all of them.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #5168
Chef Extraordinaire

We are back home

We went to a kitchen shop and bought a Pizza Stone as we are going to be making our own pizzas again

Also went to a hardware shop and garden centre and to the shops to get some groceries
Old 08-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #5169
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

On the way to bed...I think it's laundry day tomorrow and I'd like to be awake for it.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #5170
Chef Extraordinaire

Have a great sleep Fiona