What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm telling ya, Munky, it's getting to the point where it seems vets only want to treat healthy animals. :mad:
They all have this tiered pricing where they charge more if your pet is sick, whether they actually do anything special, the office visit lasts longer or not. No wonder so many pets go without treatment.
I'm actually in the process of finding a new vet/hospital because my regular vet retired a year ago. His old business turned into an instant cash register without him there to instill his common sense.
The whole state of veterinary medicine ticks me off.

I'd like to hear what they find out though.

That said (whew), It was gorgeous here today and after my mower broke down I went for a ride to my usual haunts. I found out that one of the owners of the shops I visit died of a heart attack a month ago. Real nice guy. What a shame. I probably last saw him just a week or so before it happened.

I proceded on my "loop" and found a beautiful shape Japanese Nambu pistol dated 1944 complete with holster an all matching. That's a pretty big deal to us collectors to have the original parts that were issued with the pistol all there. Finding the ammo could be tricky right now, but I just happen to know someone that has some. He might part with a few rounds.

Then when I got home I saw part of my yard had been finished being mowed where I had started! With the mower being fixed I finished mowing. I suppose tomorrow I will call them and ask them what was wrong. I'm glad it was something simple and they could fix it here. I'm not looking forward to the bill though, lol.

So now I'm hanging out and catching up :)

Munky, Pac, that's terrible about the vet service :mad: Sure hope your baby is OK, Munky. Thankfully we have decent vet service here, but it's also expensive.

Sounds like a very fulfilling day for you, Pac!

Last edited:
I'm telling ya, Munky, it's getting to the point where it seems vets only want to treat healthy animals. :mad:
They all have this tiered pricing where they charge more if your pet is sick, whether they actually do anything special, the office visit lasts longer or not. No wonder so many pets go without treatment.
I'm actually in the process of finding a new vet/hospital because my regular vet retired a year ago. His old business turned into an instant cash register without him there to instill his common sense.
The whole state of veterinary medicine ticks me off.

I'd like to hear what they find out though.

That said (whew), It was gorgeous here today and after my mower broke down I went for a ride to my usual haunts. I found out that one of the owners of the shops I visit died of a heart attack a month ago. Real nice guy. What a shame. I probably last saw him just a week or so before it happened.

I proceded on my "loop" and found a beautiful shape Japanese Nambu pistol dated 1944 complete with holster an all matching. That's a pretty big deal to us collectors to have the original parts that were issued with the pistol all there. Finding the ammo could be tricky right now, but I just happen to know someone that has some. He might part with a few rounds.

Then when I got home I saw part of my yard had been finished being mowed where I had started! With the mower being fixed I finished mowing. I suppose tomorrow I will call them and ask them what was wrong. I'm glad it was something simple and they could fix it here. I'm not looking forward to the bill though, lol.

So now I'm hanging out and catching up :)

Isn't it crazy how hard it is to get ammo right now. We are planning on shooting this weekend because the weather is supposed to be nice, but we need to find someone who has some ammo first. It gets harder all of the time. :glare:

Isn't it crazy how hard it is to get ammo right now. We are planning on shooting this weekend because the weather is supposed to be nice, but we need to find someone who has some ammo first. It gets harder all of the time. :glare:

It's terrible! Good thing I have a stash, but not for 8mm Japanese ammo :(
Reloading supplies are terrible to find, too.
I don't know how these ranges or people who shoot a lot or compete for a living are making out. It's mind boggling this dry spell has lasted so long.

It's terrible! Good thing I have a stash, but not for 8mm Japanese ammo :(
Reloading supplies are terrible to find, too.
I don't know how these ranges or people who shoot a lot or compete for a living are making out. It's mind boggling this dry spell has lasted so long.

Not finding any stray brass at the range any more either. Somebody must be able to reload. :huh:

She's going to have one heck of a headache.

After we had left they went it to get her for the exam. Her right nostril was bleeding. That wasn't happening while she was home. Mucus was clear. They had to do the blood work to see if she would be ok to be sedated. Once that was done, they did the scope.
He said every time he thought he had it tight it slipped farther up. It was moving fast. The surgery took a little longer than he had expected. When he did get it pulling it out tore her nasal passage even more. The nosebleed should stop within 24hrs. He gave her an anti inflammatory injection to stop that. A shot of antibiotics.

He checked her ears to. Found 2 more foxes in her right ear. 1 in the left that was inflamed. They shaved her ears, gave her some drops. Put packing in the keep anything else out for the rest of the day. She never indicated to any of us that it was bothering her. We didn't know.

We can pick her up in an hour or so. He says she's in a really bad mood. HEHEHEE That's my girl. :LOL: It's normal for her to be a little sassy. She is MY girl. :ROFLMAO:
Rest and quiet when she gets home. No food for the rest of the day. Keep the rooms dark.
Antibiotics and ear drops twice a day for a week.

Now I have to go and fluff up her pillows. She's a primadonna. Worth every dime. Guess I have a cute fuzzy cold nosed bunk buddy tonight.

Awww, Sophie. You take it easy, and listen to your mama. That is, if you can hear her through the packing....

Last edited:
Not finding any stray brass at the range any more either. Somebody must be able to reload. :huh:

After my last experience at a public range I don't know...
There were about four or five of us plinking at paper failry close to the targets. Nothing major, but we probably had 50-100 rounds of empty brass on the ground, most of it we knew who was shooting what.
Next thing you know this guy comes out of pretty much nowhere while we had walked back and were reloading under the roof. He was there, but not really doing much shooting, just kind of standing around watching, and he starts picking up everybody's brass and putting it in an empty cup. I'm like, "Hey, what's going on here?" "Oh, this brass is worth good money right now." I said, "I know, why do you think I save it?"
Goofball... I wouldn't doubt people hit up ranges just for the scrap brass anymore, whether they reload or not.

After my last experience at a public range I don't know...
There were about four or five of us plinking at paper failry close to the targets. Nothing major, but we probably had 50-100 rounds of empty brass on the ground, most of it we knew who was shooting what.
Next thing you know this guy comes out of pretty much nowhere while we had walked back and were reloading under the roof. He was there, but not really doing much shooting, just kind of standing around watching, and he starts picking up everybody's brass and putting it in an empty cup. I'm like, "Hey, what's going on here?" "Oh, this brass is worth good money right now." I said, "I know, why do you think I save it?"
Goofball... I wouldn't doubt people hit up ranges just for the scrap brass anymore, whether they reload or not.
Guess the guy didn't notice you guys were packing heat. :ROFLMAO:

image-1263018049.jpg

Foxtails. They're nasty, sticky grasses. I was dogsitting a friend's Jack Russell, and he got a piece stuck in his eye. Vet had to remove the piece.

Last edited:
The tough part is once Sophie heals up, there's no stopping her from doing it again.

CM, is there a lot of foxglove around?

Foxtails are really common. Generally more field weed, not so much shaded woodland.

Foxgloves are really pretty flowers, but extremely poisonous. Digitalis is made from foxglove.

image-2848984676.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think there's much of that plant directly by me, but I've seen a lot of it at the peninsula.
I wonder why a dog would want to snort one of those in... hard to say what they're thinking.

If you brush by a foxtail, some of the seed stalks might stick to you. Sort of like a burr. Sophie may not have inhaled it, maybe rolled in it, or sniffed something around it.

If you brush by a foxtail, some of the seed stalks might stick to you. Sort of like a burr. Sophie may not have inhaled it, maybe rolled in it, or sniffed something around it.

Interesting. I hope none moves in here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom