What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you get the waxing done first?

Did I wake you up?

No, not yet. I did get an anesthetic spray, but it doesn't work well. The yanker came yesterday, got it charged and thought I'd try it out...:wacko: I just did my forearms...got tired of the Magilla Gorilla look.:LOL:

Did I wake you up?

No, not yet. I did get an anesthetic spray, but it doesn't work well. The yanker came yesterday, got it charged and thought I'd try it out...:wacko: I just did my forearms...got tired of the Magilla Gorilla look.:LOL:
Nah, I'm still reading.

You just had to play with the new toy, din'cha. :ermm::LOL:

We have just enjoyed some lovely Anzac biscuits with a nice hot cup of tea :)

About to go and watch the 1st X-Files movie now on blu ray :)

Speaking of bricks, I haven't made a pressed Cuban in a while.
I'm probably the only one here who actually has a brick nearby, lol.

We have just been out for a lovely walk...it is nice and dark out, but far from chilly like it has been, it was quite mild really, didn't need a jacket at all

Watched the 1st X-Files movie this arvo, it was great to see it again after all these years, it is 15 years old now :ohmy:

I bought the blu ray that had both movies on it for Steve's birthday last month

Those of us who can't afford to dedicate a brick to the occasional Cuban sandwich, have to 'make do' with a panini press.

Those of us who can't afford to dedicate a brick to the occasional Cuban sandwich, have to 'make do' with a panini press.

I would be afraid of the grill melting the plastic handles of a panini press when you set it on the sandwich :rolleyes:

;)

I like Aunt Bea's idea of using a cast iron frying pan. I have bricks in the garden, but they are filthy.

BTW, what's in a "pressed Cuban"?

I've got a big CI pan with a lid if I am making them inside, but since I often grill them I use a brick outside. The sandwich is wrapped in foil.

And why would you think my brick is dirty?
People think nothing of brick pizza ovens? Just sayin' (to no one inparticular)

And if you've never had one you need to! It's one of the best sandwiches there is. Pork, ham, pickle, french bread works... all flattened out, or pressed... mmmm

Back
Top Bottom