What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's easy to tell them apart. Maine is the biggest one up top. Vermont and New Hampshire are the vertical ones. Massachusetts is the horizontal one. Connecticut and Rhode Island are the bits on the bottom of New England.

They all talk funny except for us in Massachusetts.

I meant the accents!
I'm sure I'd get Mass and Maine's locations right anyway :LOL:

Aside from Mass, I don't think I'd know one NE state from another.
I just don't get up that way to know.

Maine and Boston have the most distinct accents. Eyuh! They also have a slight twnag to their talk. A favorite of Mainers and of course we don't have any "R"s in our language. Everytime I hear a westerner talk, it sounds to me like they are trying to gargle.

Accents are a physical property. Bostonians use the hard palate at the front of their mouth. If a Bostonian tried to prounouce their Rs all day long, they would have a sore thoat at the end of the day. We don't use the muscles at the back of our throat to talk. :angel:

Didn't get to shoot because we were invited to a cook-out. We are still looking for ammo. Maybe next week.

please don't shoot the pot smokers. :ermm:

they're not giggling at you. they're just hungry. :cool:

vit and pacnar, i agree that the norse accents on "vikings" are a bit lame. they try to have that particular scandinavian way of speaking a hard "t" in words, and shortening up other words in a light kind of way. (the norkies out there should know what i mean).

but yeah, i gave up on caring about incorrect accents while i watched the "spartacus" series on showtime. more blood lust; this time in italy, but with a mix of english and aussie accents. :huh:

and lol pac, about sean connery in "red october".

i was waiting for "one ping only, mrs. moneypenny"

but back to "vikings", i'm in love with ragnar's wife, lagertha:

katheryn.jpg

Katheryn-Winnick-20.jpg

dontcha love a woman who can kick butt who looks like that.

her stage is katheryn winninck, a canadian actress.

another reason to say, "oh, canada!"

Last edited:
It's easy to tell them apart. Maine is the biggest one up top. Vermont and New Hampshire are the vertical ones. Massachusetts is the horizontal one. Connecticut and Rhode Island are the bits on the bottom of New England.

They all talk funny except for us in Massachusetts.

:wacko: So true. Remember folks, Boston was the first real settlement and we have kept our language pure. What the rest of you folks did to it as you moved away, is not our fault. :angel:

lol, addie.

geographically speaking, or should i say meterologically, i can always tell when i cross over into vermont from ny or mass. or vice versa in the snowy winter months.

ny state and mass. do a good job of plowing and salting their roads right up to the vermont border. but it's almost like there's a line in the road where they stop, and then you have to put your vehicle in 4 wheel drive just to stay on the icy, snow packed, untreated roads of vermont. it's like night and day. or black and white: black top vs. the white, snowy roads.

lol, addie.

geographically speaking, or should i say meterologically, i can always tell when i cross over into vermont from ny or mass. or vice versa in the snowy winter months.

ny state and mass. do a good job of plowing and salting their roads right up to the vermont border. but it's almost like there's a line in the road where they stop, and then you have to put your vehicle in 4 wheel drive just to stay on the icy, snow packed, untreated roads of vermont. it's like night and day. or black and white: black top vs. the white, snowy roads.

bt, in Vermont they still use horse and sleigh. That is why they don't plow. They still think the auto is just a fad that will go away soon. There is one small town (can't remember the name) that does not own a school bus. They pick up the few kids in the morning and afternoon with a sleigh. :angel:

Accents are a physical property. Bostonians use the hard palate at the front of their mouth. If a Bostonian tried to prounouce their Rs all day long, they would have a sore thoat at the end of the day. We don't use the muscles at the back of our throat to talk. :angel:

Markie Mark must have been challenging himself.
He went from one name with two R's in it to another :LOL:

That's it Bucky. I had thought I might have mixed up those two movies, but it wasn't important enough for me to Google before hitting submit.

And thanks for Googling Lagertha :)
Canadian. That explains it :wub:

Markie Mark must have been challenging himself.
He went from one name with two R's in it to another :LOL:

That's it Bucky. I had thought I might have mixed up those two movies, but it wasn't important enough for me to Google before hitting submit.

And thanks for Googling Lagertha :)
Canadian. That explains it :wub:

That's Mahkie Mahk. :angel:

Right now I am kicking myself from here to ****. Saturday I for the first time did what I was supposed to do. I took two Vicodin three time a day. And then I went to work. I cleaned everything I could get my hands on. That meant walking a lot in my apartment, bending, standing, stretching, walking. I have psoriatic arthritis in my hips and spine. That is what the Vicodin is for. And they did the job. Usually I have to sit after about five to ten minutes, let the pain subside and get back up. I didn't feel any pain Saturday. So I took advantage of it. Yesterday and today I am paying the price. The pain in my left hip, thigh and knee was almost unbearable. I spent most of yesterday in bed. Couldn't sit up for too long. They pain would start again. Today I am doing a little better. The swollen knee has gone down some. And I am calling myself everything but my name.

:wacko: STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! :angel:

I'm catching up a little bit here at DC while I drink some coffee and try to get my brain in gear to work on tax returns.

Shreddy (my tomcat) is driving me bonkers. He is sitting right next to me and squishing himself against me. It makes it hard to type. I'm trying to be patient about this. I keep reminding myself of when he was a kitten and insisted on lots of snuggling and petting. I complained about it to Stirling and he said, "Ah, poor thing, you're getting too much lovings." :ermm: :wub:

I'm catching up a little bit here at DC while I drink some coffee and try to get my brain in gear to work on tax returns.

Shreddy (my tomcat) is driving me bonkers. He is sitting right next to me and squishing himself against me. It makes it hard to type. I'm trying to be patient about this. I keep reminding myself of when he was a kitten and insisted on lots of snuggling and petting. I complained about it to Stirling and he said, "Ah, poor thing, you're getting too much lovings." :ermm: :wub:

Your post made me chuckle!

Today it is a cat at the computer.

Years ago we had one that always sprawled out on the newspaper while you were trying to read!

The more things change the more they stay the same! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Well Buttons and her companion are up on my bed waiting for me to come and lay down with them so they can play with my hair. It makes it difficult to see the TV with cat paws covering my eyes. They think they are playing Blind Man's Bluff. :angel:

I am still impatiently lying around waiting to heal from surgery. Going for short walks occasionaly. Everyone keeps telling me not to push it. I am mentally feeling it's time to get back to life as normal. It's amazing how much it makes me appreciate all of the things I was so sick of & was taking for granted in life.

Right now I am kicking myself from here to ****. Saturday I for the first time did what I was supposed to do. I took two Vicodin three time a day. And then I went to work. I cleaned everything I could get my hands on. That meant walking a lot in my apartment, bending, standing, stretching, walking. I have psoriatic arthritis in my hips and spine. That is what the Vicodin is for. And they did the job. Usually I have to sit after about five to ten minutes, let the pain subside and get back up. I didn't feel any pain Saturday. So I took advantage of it. Yesterday and today I am paying the price. The pain in my left hip, thigh and knee was almost unbearable. I spent most of yesterday in bed. Couldn't sit up for too long. They pain would start again. Today I am doing a little better. The swollen knee has gone down some. And I am calling myself everything but my name.

:wacko: STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! :angel:
It's not stupid at all Addie. I can understand how you want to do so much. I am finding out myself, alot right now, that the mind tells you what the body is saying slow down a little bit. Don't be so hard on yourself, just take it easy. I know....easier said than done at times. Take care...know that I am keeping you in my positive thoughts & prayers.:angel::angel:

I am still impatiently lying around waiting to heal from surgery. Going for short walks occasionally. Everyone keeps telling me not to push it. I am mentally feeling it's time to get back to life as normal. It's amazing how much it makes me appreciate all of the things I was so sick of & was taking for granted in life.

Take time for yourself. You deserve it. The day will come when you will look back at on these days and feel sorry that you didn't take more advantage of all the free time you have on your hands. Are you able to get back on track with your diet? I wouldn't push that too hard either. You need the extra nutrition for healing.

I know you want to get back to work. Has your doctor given you an estimate of when he thinks that may be possible? If so, then a couple of weeks before you plan on doing so, try to stay awake for the hours you would be working and build up your stamina. Staying at home and working a full day require entirely different mind sets. Right now you rest whenever you feel like it. You won't be able to do that at work. You will need to try to extend your hours of activity little by little each day that you are recovering. You can't be taking naps this week and go back to full time work next. Your body will rebel with a relapse.

Keep in touch. I worry about you and how you are doing. :angel: And one for you! :angel:

I could go for a little lay down session myself. I've been running around all morning it seems.
But right now I am watching Pork Paradise on TV.

Back
Top Bottom