What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
clementine season is a favorite of mine. tall stacks of wooden crates bearing these candy sweet, eezee peel, juicy little citrus gems, greet you as soon as you enter the produce department of every supermarket i know. if you are a first-time buyer, look for the roxy and darling brands of these sweet fruit treats--they are the best imo, having many seasons of clementine buying and eating under my belt....:)

I just got back from Rouses grocery. I'm starting the oyster stew as well as a nice corned beef.

I got some bok choy instead of regular cabbage, as they were just too big, and I love the flavor of bok choy.

They had some beautiful sirloin pork chops. They are thick and big. 9 dinner size chops for less than $9. ($1.37/#) Works for me!

Just arrived home from a 4-hour ride on the Harley. It was such a beautiful day we couldn't waste it staying inside. It's almost 4 p.m. and the temp is still at 59F.

We headed to Paris (Tennessee, that is) for an assortment of reasons. One of which was that Glenn's children gave him a nice gift certificate for a store there that sells the kind of boots/shoes he likes. A brand that is well-made and American-made and one he's worn for years. That was our first stop and scored the perfect pair of leather lace-up boots he'd been wanting. Yeah!

Then off to another place to get some brass name plates for his son's dog's collars. The dog has two. One is just the standard type. The other is an electronic one. Name plates done. Checked those off our list.

Then, best of all, we headed to a place called Trollinger's, which is a (now large) barbecue place that's been in business since 1917. They've been doin' it right for a very long time. They're barbecued "anything" is awesome, so we had a couple of sandwiches and something to drink and brought home 3 pounds of their yummy pork barbecue. Piggy heaven on a plate. We'll eat some and we'll stash some in the freezer for later on.

On the loop back home, we stopped at my youngest brother's house to visit a while and to wish him a good new year.

Then home again, home again, jiggedy-jog.

I can't think of a better way to spend the last day of the year. In a little while we'll pour some very, very nice bourbon and slip into the evening.

We might even stay awake to say "Hello" to 2012.

Just arrived home from a 4-hour ride on the Harley. It was such a beautiful day we couldn't waste it staying inside. It's almost 4 p.m. and the temp is still at 59F.

We headed to Paris (Tennessee, that is) for an assortment of reasons. One of which was that Glenn's children gave him a nice gift certificate for a store there that sells the kind of boots/shoes he likes. A brand that is well-made and American-made and one he's worn for years. That was our first stop and scored the perfect pair of leather lace-up boots he'd been wanting. Yeah!

Then off to another place to get some brass name plates for his son's dog's collars. The dog has two. One is just the standard type. The other is an electronic one. Name plates done. Checked those off our list.

Then, best of all, we headed to a place called Trollinger's, which is a (now large) barbecue place that's been in business since 1917. They've been doin' it right for a very long time. They're barbecued "anything" is awesome, so we had a couple of sandwiches and something to drink and brought home 3 pounds of their yummy pork barbecue. Piggy heaven on a plate. We'll eat some and we'll stash some in the freezer for later on.

On the loop back home, we stopped at my youngest brother's house to visit a while and to wish him a good new year.

Then home again, home again, jiggedy-jog.

I can't think of a better way to spend the last day of the year. In a little while we'll pour some very, very nice bourbon and slip into the evening.

We might even stay awake to say "Hello" to 2012.

Sounds like you had a perfect day. :pig:

just finished watering the outside plants, picked all the dead stuff off them. these warm days, they really dry out quickly. gonna mop a couple floors. that's it. no party tonight, i am lucky if i can stay awake til midnight.

Bottling wine today, a nice Australian Semillon/Sauvignon Blanc all finished. Next a Cali Cabernet :) we always have a little taste on bottling day, just whatever won't fill a bottle, usually only a couple of ounces. It's green, but we do it anyway! ;)

I went to a gun show earlier today.
I may go back again tomorrow.
I did pick up a really good find today though.

My grandson had to go back to his house today, we were going to see in the new year together.:unhappy: We will have to celebrate the next time he gets to come.

Just got the rice cooker going with white rice for my Ettouffé tonight. Found a nice chuck roast...! Have my smoked ham shanks stewing for stock for tomorrow. Everything smells so good.

I just made my chili for dinner and put it in the small crock-pot to keep warm. I don't know what time Mark is going to want to eat. This way, it's ready.

just finished watering the outside plants, picked all the dead stuff off them. these warm days, they really dry out quickly. gonna mop a couple floors. that's it. no party tonight, i am lucky if i can stay awake til midnight.

Don't forget to put your money out. I will be around to collect it on tiptoe! :angel:

Back
Top Bottom