"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #5321
Executive Chef

Bea and Katie, some folks think I am crazy, but I love to hang laundry on the line I find it very relaxing and cathartic at the same time. I too love that freshly line dried smell and sheets are the best. Katie you are right about line dried sheets just after one has showered. Great feeling!

Old 09-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #5322
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

If I can get DH to move, we are headed to our neighbor's open house for their daughter, who won a Fullbright Scholarship!

Old 09-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #5323
Chef Extraordinaire

Good morning everyone

It is another lovely sunny morning, so Steve and I are off for a walk soon, going to need the sunglasses for sure this morning...very bright out there

It is Fathers Day here today...I am thinking of my wonderful dad who passed away 12 years ago

Have a lovely night/day everyone
Old 09-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #5324
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Hey all, hope everyone has been well.

Just up, not being able to sleep, can't get comfy, and was told that this would happen, so no biggie. . . got my new parts in though, what a process. One down, one to go! you can see the right hip, that is supposed to be round, well, it's not. . .has a lot of rot/degradation, and that will have to be done in the next few months.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:44 AM   #5325
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Trying to muster up the courage to bake something. I'm relearning to use my newly rebuilt right hand...in baby steps as I still have a cast of sorts on it. It's removable for bathing.

The last full cast and the metal rod/pin were removed on Thursday, the more user-friendly cast was applied and I had my first session of physical therapy yesterday morning.

After all that, I may be being over cautious as to how I do things, but I want to get back to being whole without any glitches. This repair was/is my only shot and I plan to "go by the book" for the recovery process.

What I REALLY want to do is make some bread but...dunno that might be thinking a little too adventuresome. Perhaps some cookies would be a better choice.
Boy, can I identify. I now have three 4-inch screws in my hip, and I'm trying to re-learn how to walk. My kitchen walls are getting an update starting Monday, and my downstairs bath/laundry/utility room may be out of commission for awhile, so my "holiday weekend" is going to consist of getting as much laundry and cleaning done wile I can still do it. Whoopee!
Old 09-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #5326
Everymom

Listening to the rain and snuggling with a warm kitty. There is a cup of coffee close by and the Kindle at hand. The house is quiet and all is well.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #5327
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Listening to the rain and snuggling with a warm kitty. There is a cup of coffee close by and the Kindle at hand. The house is quiet and all is well.
That sound so nice and cozy.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #5328
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATTRAT View Post
Hey all, hope everyone has been well.

Just up, not being able to sleep, can't get comfy, and was told that this would happen, so no biggie. . . got my new parts in though, what a process. One down, one to go! you can see the right hip, that is supposed to be round, well, it's not. . .has a lot of rot/degradation, and that will have to be done in the next few months.

Good to see you, Titanium Man...did you ask for the bionics?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #5329
Chef Extraordinaire

I am trying to calm down. I had an argument with my daughter this morning. She is using this illness as an excuse for bad behavior. I will not accept it. No one knows better than me what illness can do to you. But I never used it to be rude to others and become out of control. I have had so many major surgeries that I have lost count. She is trying to tell me I don't know what real pain is. It turned into a screaming match on her part.

Her brother is coming to visit her with his wife and son. I won't be there. I will not give her anymore ammunition to attack me. An apology is called for here. He just called me. My SIL just texed him to tell him they don't want company.

She has been in a nasty mood since the surgery. I have had enough of it. She should be putting all that energy toward getting better. So I too will be having a nice quiet day. I think I will do some sewing.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #5330
Everymom

Oh Addie, I'm sorry you got yelled at and sorry your daughter has hurt your feelings.

She certainly shouldn't have done all that to you, but sometimes when folks are scared they lash out at those they trust most. Even though it sounds totally backward, it is sort of a compliment. Not to excuse her bad behaviour, but hopefully she can get a handle on all of this so she doesn't keep lashing out.

Wasn't it brain surgery too? Was it frontal lobe? Sometimes that can affect personality. Maybe when she heals she will be back to normal.