What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got home from having an iron infusion. No wonder I've been so tired. The IV infiltrated, so I'm sitting on the front porch with ice on it and having a glass of pink wine.

Hope you're doing better with your iron now. Have you heard about the guy who got arrested in NN and then escaped from the cops with his handcuffs still on? I'd love to know how he managed that.

Have just had the sprinkler system on, giving the whole garden a good water as it has not rained her for about a week I think

Been out the front garden pottering around, so lovely out there :)

I'm watching wome weird movie on CineMoi.
I imagine I'll have to go to IMDB to understand it. I feel like I missed part of it or something.

Sounds like you are doing okay. I bet your customers will appreciate your efforts along with DH. How is the weight doing? Are you sort of sticking to the diet? Ever mindful of what you are eating and how much? :angel:
My appetite is starting to come back. Still holding at 225#. I have not been eating as much protein lately. I keep thinking with only 1 kidney now I should be more careful about it. Still keeping my portion sizes small. It makes me feel the incision if I eat to much. Trying to keep a strong concentration on fruits & vegetables.
I got 2 freezers & a refrigerator scrubbed out today at home, then ran to the drug store & got a tuna bagel. I was done in for awhile after that. Had a couple of pain pills & a nap. Dh just put a pizza in the oven for supper. :pig:
Hope all is well with you & your family.:angel::angel::angel:

We are wanting to get our gutters cleaned, what a hassle trying to find companies that actually get back to you :rolleyes:

I have phoned a couple of companies already and not one has got back to me grrr, I phoned one today, he got back straight away and has already been over for a quote but he didnt look very professional etc

So I have just phoned another company, they quoted a bit more than we were expecting over the phone, so I said I would talk to Steve about it, Steve said at least for that price it should be a good job (well, one hopes so anyway)...so I have called him back but now got his answering machine...grrrrr

I left a message, so hopefully he calls back soon and we can get these gutters cleaned once and for all :)

burning is a big activity around here:furious:....helped a neighbor burn tumbleweeds this morning, this is the fourth burning I have participated in, at some point I will remember the marshmallows:yum:

They make special forks for that so you aren't stuck looking for a good stick...:)

Watching my husband tally up the damage done to our car last night. As we were driving to the theatre awards function a young guy in a pick-up truck nearly T-boned us but, instead because of Glenn's driving skills, ran us off the road. Came close to rolling the car but avoided that and wound up jumping a big ditch and taking someone's mailbox off with our passenger side rear view mirror. Unfortunately, in doing so both passenger doors are roached, along with the mirror.

It's going to be a costly repair because our car is a big Lincoln and the paint is a stinker to match. Glenn says, if the insurance company gets involved, they will likely total our car. NOOOOOOOO!!! I love Speedy, named so because we acquired it so quickly. I'm hoping for the best. At least neither one of us was hurt.

We made it to the awards show and had a lovely time.

Trying to decide which of these to pick up. Any advise/opini0ons? I will be leaving to shop within the 1/2 hour.

Tender Choice
Whole pork loin boneless
WHOLE LOIN BNLS, 7 to 9 lb. average
PRODUCT OF US (unless otherwise noted)
SKU/UPC: 201217000009

$2.49/lb
Per Unit

OR
Fresh Pork Loin End Roast - Boneless
PRODUCT OF US (unless otherwise noted)
$1.89 $1.89
Price/lb Price

Go for the roast rather than the whole loin. Around us, a whole pork loin is $1.79-$1.89/LB on sale. The loin roast can be stuffed and roasted on the grill.

Go for the roast rather than the whole loin. Around us, a whole pork loin is $1.79-$1.89/LB on sale. The loin roast can be stuffed and roasted on the grill.
Thank you Andy. Which has the best flavor?

The roast is cut from one end of the whole loin. There shouldn't be a difference.
Ok thanks. I wanted to get the whole because I cut it into chops and roasts and a piece to roast for Chinese red pork (for fried rice, wonton soup etc). I thought a whole would be a good buy but now I need to rethink. I can't remember the price the last time the whole loin went on sale but the total was around 25.00. Any way thank you for the advise Andy.

Ok thanks. I wanted to get the whole because I cut it into chops and roasts and a piece to roast for Chinese red pork (for fried rice, wonton soup etc). I thought a whole would be a good buy but now I need to rethink. I can't remember the price the last time the whole loin went on sale but the total was around 25.00. Any way thank you for the advise Andy.

At $1.89/pound I would buy two roasts and slice one up for chops! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Yeah, what he said. The roast is so tender! I just made one yesterday, and I'm still droolin' from the end result taste.

I ended up with 4 hunks to freeze, plus a nice dish(s) of sliced pork in gravy from the drippings.

I can see that I'll have many more dinners from this purchase, I spent less than $10.

The leftovers are deliciously endless.

Goodness, Katie! I'm so glad you and Glenn are okay. That must have been scary.

Yes, it was scary especially when I saw the grill of the big truck coming at Glenn's side of the car. After it was all over Glenn told me that this was the same place his father had had his serious accident when Glenn was 3. His father was left paralyzed from the chest down for the rest of his life as a result of the accident. Whew! Glad we fared much better.

Yes, it was scary especially when I saw the grill of the big truck coming at Glenn's side of the car. After it was all over Glenn told me that this was the same place his father had had his serious accident when Glenn was 3. His father was left paralyzed from the chest down for the rest of his life as a result of the accident. Whew! Glad we fared much better.

So glad you're both unhurt too, Katie! I hope they can get that guy.

That's scary stuff, Katie. I'm glad you and Glenn are OK.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom